Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Mark Keds 19:33 - Jan 11 with 1727 viewsPhilTWTD

Loved the Senseless Things back in the day, saw them a fair bit, from the Old Times to the Brixton Academy.

RIP Mark Keds on 19:37 - Jan 11 with 1685 viewsBlueBadger

Bloody hell, RIP.

https://louderthanwar.com/mark-keds-senseless-things-deadcuts-rip/

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

RIP Mark Keds on 19:39 - Jan 11 with 1676 viewsDubtractor

Saw this earlier, very sad.

Senseless things were my first 'proper' gig, at the Ipswich Caribbean Club in 1992, saw them again in London 2 or 3 years ago and they were still ace.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

RIP Mark Keds on 19:45 - Jan 11 with 1652 viewsDebsyAngel

That is terrible news. I saw the Senseless Things at the Caribbean Club too - loved them. Easy To Smile is still an utter tune. RIP Mark.
RIP Mark Keds on 19:47 - Jan 11 with 1647 viewsBlueBadger

RIP Mark Keds on 19:45 - Jan 11 by DebsyAngel

That is terrible news. I saw the Senseless Things at the Caribbean Club too - loved them. Easy To Smile is still an utter tune. RIP Mark.

What was Phil's best chat-up line?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

RIP Mark Keds on 20:09 - Jan 11 with 1609 viewsPhilTWTD

RIP Mark Keds on 19:39 - Jan 11 by Dubtractor

Saw this earlier, very sad.

Senseless things were my first 'proper' gig, at the Ipswich Caribbean Club in 1992, saw them again in London 2 or 3 years ago and they were still ace.

I saw them at the Caribbean as well at some point but I may have been living away in 1992. I think Carter may have supported them in their first Ipswich gig, or might have been Mega City Four.

First time I saw them would have been 1988 at the Old Times and Keds would have been 17 and already fronting and songwriting in a band that was pretty much constantly touring.
RIP Mark Keds on 20:20 - Jan 11 with 1583 viewsMookamoo

Boooooo. Great live band.
RIP Mark Keds on 20:27 - Jan 11 with 1571 viewsBlueBadger

RIP Mark Keds on 19:47 - Jan 11 by BlueBadger

And did it work?

RIP Mark Keds on 20:27 - Jan 11 with 1568 viewsDebsyAngel

RIP Mark Keds on 20:27 - Jan 11 by BlueBadger

And did it work?

That would be telling ;)
Login to get fewer ads

RIP Mark Keds on 20:29 - Jan 11 with 1571 viewsDubtractor

RIP Mark Keds on 20:09 - Jan 11 by PhilTWTD

I saw them at the Caribbean as well at some point but I may have been living away in 1992. I think Carter may have supported them in their first Ipswich gig, or might have been Mega City Four.

First time I saw them would have been 1988 at the Old Times and Keds would have been 17 and already fronting and songwriting in a band that was pretty much constantly touring.

Actually saw them twice at the ICA, once supported by Joyrider, and once by a band called Mambo Taxi. Both in the early 90s.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

RIP Mark Keds on 20:49 - Jan 11 with 1531 viewsfactual_blue

RIP Mark Keds on 19:47 - Jan 11 by BlueBadger

'I've got a hobnob'?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

RIP Mark Keds on 21:56 - Jan 11 with 1478 viewsthebooks

Oh my, that’s very sad. I saw them at the Old Times too, I think. I wasn't a huge fan, but they/he were very likeable.

Guess he’s not much older than me.
RIP Mark Keds on 22:29 - Jan 11 with 1441 viewsAinsleyBlue

Very saddened by this, saw them at the Y Club in Chelmsford in 89/90 around the time of Too Much Kissing, a blistering gig it was.

My fave is Got it at the Delmar, with its chunky bass.

Had no idea he was credited on the Libertines' Can't Stand Me Now. Rip indeed and thanks Phil for the alert.
RIP Mark Keds on 22:45 - Jan 11 with 1419 viewsPhilTWTD

RIP Mark Keds on 21:56 - Jan 11 by thebooks

Oh my, that’s very sad. I saw them at the Old Times too, I think. I wasn't a huge fan, but they/he were very likeable.

Guess he’s not much older than me.

He was 50.
RIP Mark Keds on 00:46 - Jan 12 with 1335 viewsBLUEBEAT

This is sad. Partied many times with Mark and co (as had mutual friends). He was not one for half measures and took everything to the extreme. This was early 90s, mainly. Was only recently discussing Mark with Dunc (Snuff/Guns&Wnkers etc) and despite his demons the consensus was that he had turned his life around somewhat. I’m so sad tonight.

Poll: W or W

RIP Mark Keds on 06:59 - Jan 12 with 1287 viewsthebooks

RIP Mark Keds on 22:45 - Jan 11 by PhilTWTD

He was 50.

Pffft. That’s awful. I was 49 myself yesterday :-(
RIP Mark Keds on 11:32 - Jan 12 with 1192 viewsPhilTWTD

RIP Mark Keds on 00:46 - Jan 12 by BLUEBEAT

This is sad. Partied many times with Mark and co (as had mutual friends). He was not one for half measures and took everything to the extreme. This was early 90s, mainly. Was only recently discussing Mark with Dunc (Snuff/Guns&Wnkers etc) and despite his demons the consensus was that he had turned his life around somewhat. I’m so sad tonight.

I didn't know him but similarly have friends who knew him well, he used to stay with them when they played in Ipswich. We must a have a few mutual friends.

Loved Snuff and G&W as well and recently bought For Dancing and Listening again, think it's great.
RIP Mark Keds on 11:33 - Jan 12 with 1188 viewsPhilTWTD

RIP Mark Keds on 06:59 - Jan 12 by thebooks

Pffft. That’s awful. I was 49 myself yesterday :-(

Indeed. Happy birthday for yesterday, despite the news.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024