Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harrop and possibly Thomas 22:17 - Jan 18 with 2629 viewsHerbivore

They must be costing a pretty penny. Does anyone honestly think that money wouldn't be better spent paying off Lambert and getting a capable manager in instead?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Harrop and possibly Thomas on 09:19 - Jan 19 with 332 viewsHerbivore

Harrop and possibly Thomas on 09:10 - Jan 19 by Bluefish

I know we can remove them but it then makes no sense at all not trying to move them out permanently or on loan. I think those 3 have every chance of going, the downes injury might be a blocker but he came through the game OK. Really can't see us adding both of them without some departures.

It's not ME's style to bring in replacements preemptively. If we need to move players on to make signings then generally we've tended to move the players on first. Donacien is very likely to go one way or another, Jackson is a maybe, I don't see anyone else being likely to go.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Harrop and possibly Thomas on 09:20 - Jan 19 with 332 viewsitfcjoe

Harrop and possibly Thomas on 08:40 - Jan 19 by tractorboy1978

How much are they actually costing though? We were already at the limit of the salary cap wages wise so it'll be one in, one out in that regard - max of approx £2k p/w. It could be that we are paying chunky loan fees - the rules don't seem overly clear on what is allowed here.

Lambert is going to have absolutely no excuses. He can't argue he hasn't had the tools.

Thomas doesn't count against the cap so we can pay what we like for him effectively - both in fee and wages. We'll have beaten off competition for him if he does sign

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Harrop and possibly Thomas on 10:03 - Jan 19 with 276 viewsWallingford_Boy

Harrop and possibly Thomas on 23:09 - Jan 18 by Bent_double

Wouldn't be surprised to see a sale (any of Jackson/Edwards/Nolan/Woolfy) that covers the cost though.

JACKSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP Sir Bobby

Harrop and possibly Thomas on 10:09 - Jan 19 with 265 viewsjayessess

Harrop and possibly Thomas on 09:10 - Jan 19 by Bluefish

I know we can remove them but it then makes no sense at all not trying to move them out permanently or on loan. I think those 3 have every chance of going, the downes injury might be a blocker but he came through the game OK. Really can't see us adding both of them without some departures.

Quite out-of-character for us to get players in and worry about balancing the books after, I think.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024