Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great man management 13:23 - Jan 22 with 3205 viewsitfcjoe

As posted last Sunday.....

Any news on jackson being out of squad by itfcjoe 17 Jan 2021 7:40
Found out at 1pm he wasn’t in the squad, same as Huws, management team didn’t speak to them about it.

Guess he’ll now be willing to run through brick walls for them next week now Norwood done his hamstring again.

More examples of great man management

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Great man management on 13:35 - Jan 22 with 3108 viewsdavblue

This all doesn't matter.

All that matters is the green shoots, live in the stadium not over IFollow, you should know that by now Joe....
Great man management on 13:47 - Jan 22 with 3063 viewsMoriarty

Great man management on 13:35 - Jan 22 by davblue

This all doesn't matter.

All that matters is the green shoots, live in the stadium not over IFollow, you should know that by now Joe....

Don’t forget the shuffling.

Hopefully we can now expect our back 4, when shuffling across, to shuffle correctly. From Taylor’s post Swindon match comments, we can only surmise that they were shuffling this way when they should have been shuffling that way and shuffling that way when they should have been shuffling this way.

fka omuircheartaigh

Great man management on 13:51 - Jan 22 with 3026 viewsRadlett_blue

I think most players, not unreasonably, like to know where they stand & failing to communicate with them is a clear sign of a poor manager. See also Roy Keane.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Great man management on 13:57 - Jan 22 with 3014 viewsIllinoisblue

Also from that thread, we learn that Evans is dictating our style of play. That ‘style’ such as it is may well align with Lambert’s philosophy but still, could our club be any more dysfunctional?

A manager at war with local media
Fitness guy doing his thing via zoom from Scotland
The worst injury situation in club’s history
A bloated squad yet only one fit striker
A frankly disgraceful record in Cup games

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Great man management on 14:15 - Jan 22 with 2947 viewsLankHenners

Another example of how he's/they've lost interest in the task at hand and are just going through the motions.

We had the Bart interview where he talked about Hurst and Doig having a very Sunday league style approach to management as they just read out the team on the day when everyone arrived and that's how the players knew whether they were playing or not. Then Lambert came in and was much better as he did all this in advance and explained to players why they weren't playing etc.

That we've regressed back to this with no intervention from the owner is so stupid. I know the atmosphere/relationship between players and staff hasn't been great for a while but this sums up the arrogance of Lambert who basically can't be @rsed to do half the things expected of him and is just happy taking ME's money.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Great man management on 14:16 - Jan 22 with 2929 viewsdavblue

Great man management on 13:57 - Jan 22 by Illinoisblue

Also from that thread, we learn that Evans is dictating our style of play. That ‘style’ such as it is may well align with Lambert’s philosophy but still, could our club be any more dysfunctional?

A manager at war with local media
Fitness guy doing his thing via zoom from Scotland
The worst injury situation in club’s history
A bloated squad yet only one fit striker
A frankly disgraceful record in Cup games

Why appoint a manager who's never, ever been known for his passing football?

I watched a heck of a lot of his Wycombe team and they were a safety first, direct team.

Norwich were a high intensity, direct team, good on the counter.

Villa, he set them as a counter attacking team.

It's just frankly embarrassing, if Evans wants to play this way then appoint a manager who has a track record of playing that way or someone who is willing to do it and knows how to.

The last appointment we were after was Neil Warnock last December time, if that's to be believed. When has Warnock been known as a passing manager? It's all just bullsh1t, there is no vision or clue what he wants, if the bloke he wanted to replace Lambert is Neil Warnock. (I don't have anything against Warnock, he would do a fine job here but if you have this philosophy of passing football, then you don't appoint him)
Great man management on 14:24 - Jan 22 with 2870 viewsPlums

It’s Sunday league stuff isn’t it? Absolutely pathetic ‘management’ of elite athletes. I wouldn’t treat my U18 side like that.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Great man management on 14:51 - Jan 22 with 2790 viewsMrTown

Someone fill the blanks for me, I don't get it?

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Login to get fewer ads

Great man management on 14:58 - Jan 22 with 2746 viewsIllinoisblue

Great man management on 14:51 - Jan 22 by MrTown

Someone fill the blanks for me, I don't get it?

Here you go: Lambert Out

62 - 78 - 81

Great man management on 15:01 - Jan 22 with 2727 viewsMrTown

Great man management on 14:58 - Jan 22 by Illinoisblue

Here you go: Lambert Out

I've got to be honest, that don't help me this time around.

Great man management on 15:18 - Jan 22 with 2675 viewsIllinoisblue

Great man management on 15:01 - Jan 22 by MrTown

I've got to be honest, that don't help me this time around.

What part of Joe’s post are you struggling with?

62 - 78 - 81

Great man management on 15:19 - Jan 22 with 2667 viewsMrTown

Great man management on 15:18 - Jan 22 by Illinoisblue

What part of Joe’s post are you struggling with?

Was there a specific reason he posted the same post from last Sunday?

Great man management on 15:20 - Jan 22 with 2662 viewsitfcjoe

Great man management on 15:19 - Jan 22 by MrTown

Was there a specific reason he posted the same post from last Sunday?

Just as a reminder that now it is confirmed that Norwood is injured

Great man management on 15:31 - Jan 22 with 2623 viewslongtimefan

Great man management on 15:20 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

Does seem a bit random given Huws is unlikely to be anywhere near the starting lineup and Jackson is likely injured anyway.
Great man management on 16:02 - Jan 22 with 2533 viewsIllinoisblue

Great man management on 14:16 - Jan 22 by davblue

Why appoint a manager who's never, ever been known for his passing football?

I watched a heck of a lot of his Wycombe team and they were a safety first, direct team.

Norwich were a high intensity, direct team, good on the counter.

Villa, he set them as a counter attacking team.

It's just frankly embarrassing, if Evans wants to play this way then appoint a manager who has a track record of playing that way or someone who is willing to do it and knows how to.

The last appointment we were after was Neil Warnock last December time, if that's to be believed. When has Warnock been known as a passing manager? It's all just bullsh1t, there is no vision or clue what he wants, if the bloke he wanted to replace Lambert is Neil Warnock. (I don't have anything against Warnock, he would do a fine job here but if you have this philosophy of passing football, then you don't appoint him)

It’s almost as if Evans is making it up as he goes along

62 - 78 - 81

Great man management on 16:50 - Jan 22 with 2450 viewsclive_baker

Isn't it so mad that Evans continues to invest in the playing squad, but ignores the need to give them the infrastructure in which to thrive. Facilities, manager, coaching, medical etc. Such a bonkers approach to football club ownership. It's not really a lack of absolute investment per se, it's just a complete lack of investment in the right areas and allocation of resources in the right way.

The management is a complete circus. I've said it before and I will again, one of our best players in the club hasn't had a 1 to 1 with Lambert for over a year. Dropping players without letting them know. He's utterly incompetent, cant man manage at all, and doesn't look or sound like he gives a t0ss anymore. I mean, he said it himself, he doesn't care if he's sacked. Ultimately what football management comes down to is man management and an ability to motivate players. For all the talk of recruitment, shape and tactics, we need an engaged squad that's hungry for promotion.

If Burley or big Joe had've dropped a player he would've had them in his office in the week and explained why. They would've come out 20 minutes later agreeing with them, desperate to get back in the following week and stay there.

It's all so stale at the club now.

Lambert out
Cowley in

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Great man management on 16:53 - Jan 22 with 2431 viewsitfcjoe

Great man management on 16:50 - Jan 22 by clive_baker

Isn't it so mad that Evans continues to invest in the playing squad, but ignores the need to give them the infrastructure in which to thrive. Facilities, manager, coaching, medical etc. Such a bonkers approach to football club ownership. It's not really a lack of absolute investment per se, it's just a complete lack of investment in the right areas and allocation of resources in the right way.

The management is a complete circus. I've said it before and I will again, one of our best players in the club hasn't had a 1 to 1 with Lambert for over a year. Dropping players without letting them know. He's utterly incompetent, cant man manage at all, and doesn't look or sound like he gives a t0ss anymore. I mean, he said it himself, he doesn't care if he's sacked. Ultimately what football management comes down to is man management and an ability to motivate players. For all the talk of recruitment, shape and tactics, we need an engaged squad that's hungry for promotion.

If Burley or big Joe had've dropped a player he would've had them in his office in the week and explained why. They would've come out 20 minutes later agreeing with them, desperate to get back in the following week and stay there.

It's all so stale at the club now.

Lambert out
Cowley in

Yep - I know you've spoken to people who will tell you what things are like - but 90% of the fanbase wouldn't believe how bad it is behind the scenes with regards to management if you told them.

It's beyond parody, it's just totally wrong and the fact Evans is allowing it to happen is a massive concern for his judgement.

There is no relationship between Lambert and the majority of the squad, none at all.

Great man management on 16:54 - Jan 22 with 2413 viewsSuperCoops

Great man management on 15:20 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

It's a twinge, that's all. Regardless of our injury record (which I admit is extremely poor), let's not forget with the volume of games being played at a short space of time that twinges and pulls are more likely and problematical.

That's no different to any club right now and if you look at any time, their squads are all suffering the same types of injuries. And when you have a player coming back from a succession of injuries (whether poor medical care or not getting sufficient 'rest' between games), it's prudent not to risk more than necessary.
Great man management on 17:04 - Jan 22 with 2381 viewsclive_baker

Great man management on 16:53 - Jan 22 by itfcjoe

Yep - I know you've spoken to people who will tell you what things are like - but 90% of the fanbase wouldn't believe how bad it is behind the scenes with regards to management if you told them.

It's beyond parody, it's just totally wrong and the fact Evans is allowing it to happen is a massive concern for his judgement.

There is no relationship between Lambert and the majority of the squad, none at all.

Yeah, absolute car crash. Robbing a living completely. Evans only has himself to blame though, in dishing out the 5 year contract he has utterly snookered himself.

The biggest frustration is the timing of it all. It's a basket case of a league and we've coincided our timing of spectacular mismanagement with when we actually have a squad that could do something. It's like sitting at a poker table with a pair of Kings, but they're being held by a 5 year old kid who doesn't know the rules.

#LambertOut
#CowleyIn

Great man management on 17:09 - Jan 22 with 2344 viewsclive_baker

Great man management on 16:54 - Jan 22 by SuperCoops

It's a twinge, that's all. Regardless of our injury record (which I admit is extremely poor), let's not forget with the volume of games being played at a short space of time that twinges and pulls are more likely and problematical.

That's no different to any club right now and if you look at any time, their squads are all suffering the same types of injuries. And when you have a player coming back from a succession of injuries (whether poor medical care or not getting sufficient 'rest' between games), it's prudent not to risk more than necessary.

I don't think the point is the nature of the injury or disputing that it exists. I think the point is the general ridiculousness of Lamberts approach to man management. That he sacked off 2 senior players from his squad last week without having the courtesy to make them aware, who he might later rely on. Proper man managers would sit them down and hear them out, explain it, explain the busy schedule and they'll get a chance and he expects them to take it when it comes. Etc.

Instead he'll scratch his head and wonder why players aren't engaged and require 'honest chats' in the changing room every other weekend. It's toxic. He's a busted flush and he has to go ASAP.

Great man management on 19:47 - Jan 22 with 2168 viewsKeaneish

It’s reminiscent of Hurst and Bart.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024