Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Antibody test done... 14:33 - Jan 26 with 1758 viewsDebsyAngel

Got it in the post today. Was a nervous wreck using it, but the booklet was very easy to follow. Had a bit of problems getting the droplet of blood to drop onto the test... the waiting was 10 minutes and felt apprehensive - but it's negative. Filled in the questionnaire and sent photo of the test as asked. Have said they are welcome to contact me with any further questionnaires. Done my bit but it says that just because negative, does not mean not had the virus so still feel a little shaken up!
Antibody test done... on 14:37 - Jan 26 with 1723 viewsJ2BLUE

Well done for doing it. Every scrap of info helps them.

Another thing you could do if you wanted was do the daily symptom tracker app. They really have had excellent data throughout this pandemic and have been ahead of the curve on a regular basis. All you have to do is say if you've had a vaccine, had a test and if you feel ok each day.

Based on this evidence they've said your don't have protection for the first two weeks after a vaccine so people need to be cautious.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Antibody test done... on 14:39 - Jan 26 with 1701 viewsDebsyAngel

Antibody test done... on 14:37 - Jan 26 by J2BLUE

Well done for doing it. Every scrap of info helps them.

Another thing you could do if you wanted was do the daily symptom tracker app. They really have had excellent data throughout this pandemic and have been ahead of the curve on a regular basis. All you have to do is say if you've had a vaccine, had a test and if you feel ok each day.

Based on this evidence they've said your don't have protection for the first two weeks after a vaccine so people need to be cautious.

Once I have the vaccine, I would be happy to keep them updated on how I am.
Antibody test done... on 15:28 - Jan 26 with 1618 viewsWD19

Thank you.
Antibody test done... on 15:31 - Jan 26 with 1610 viewsjaykay

well done

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Antibody test done... on 15:32 - Jan 26 with 1597 viewshatch

Having my monthly blood taken for antibodies now as I type this. Hate needles. Last one came back positive and think I’m into month 5 now (since I had a positive asymptomatic test). So will be interesting to see how quickly they die off.

Well done for doing it
[Post edited 26 Jan 2021 15:37]
Antibody test done... on 15:38 - Jan 26 with 1563 viewsDebsyAngel

Antibody test done... on 15:32 - Jan 26 by hatch

Having my monthly blood taken for antibodies now as I type this. Hate needles. Last one came back positive and think I’m into month 5 now (since I had a positive asymptomatic test). So will be interesting to see how quickly they die off.

Well done for doing it

And well done to you for going through all that every month.
Antibody test done... on 15:47 - Jan 26 with 1532 viewsnorth_stand77

Mr north_stand and I are still doing the Oxford University Research testing - started off as weekly bloods and/or swabs testing in July till September and then monthly for a year, so done several now, but am still waiting for Decembers testing.
Anybody else doing it who hasn't heard anything for a while? I think Coastal Blue was also taking part?
Antibody test done... on 15:50 - Jan 26 with 1510 viewshatch

Antibody test done... on 15:47 - Jan 26 by north_stand77

Mr north_stand and I are still doing the Oxford University Research testing - started off as weekly bloods and/or swabs testing in July till September and then monthly for a year, so done several now, but am still waiting for Decembers testing.
Anybody else doing it who hasn't heard anything for a while? I think Coastal Blue was also taking part?

That's the one I'm doing. Literally just had the lady round - the ONS one right?

I had my last visit on 29th Dec but live in SW London.
Login to get fewer ads

Antibody test done... on 15:54 - Jan 26 with 1497 viewsnorth_stand77

Antibody test done... on 15:50 - Jan 26 by hatch

That's the one I'm doing. Literally just had the lady round - the ONS one right?

I had my last visit on 29th Dec but live in SW London.

Yes, the same one. Our last one was end of November. I rung them up a couple of weeks ago and they said we were on the list for that week but nothing transpired!

Think I'm going to have to contact them again in case it affects their data.
I'm in Suffolk by the way
Antibody test done... on 16:03 - Jan 26 with 1470 viewshatch

Antibody test done... on 15:54 - Jan 26 by north_stand77

Yes, the same one. Our last one was end of November. I rung them up a couple of weeks ago and they said we were on the list for that week but nothing transpired!

Think I'm going to have to contact them again in case it affects their data.
I'm in Suffolk by the way

I'm sure we didn't get one or two of the weekly ones at the start. I think it's just such a huge programme they're coordinating that there'll always ben missed visits which I suspect they factor in. I just stayed quiet and they randomly started booking them again. I imagine Suffolk is particularly hard to coordinate given the possible travel distances. The lady today said there's hundreds of people doing it just in my local area so she can pretty much walk around.
Antibody test done... on 16:21 - Jan 26 with 1429 viewsnorth_stand77

Antibody test done... on 16:03 - Jan 26 by hatch

I'm sure we didn't get one or two of the weekly ones at the start. I think it's just such a huge programme they're coordinating that there'll always ben missed visits which I suspect they factor in. I just stayed quiet and they randomly started booking them again. I imagine Suffolk is particularly hard to coordinate given the possible travel distances. The lady today said there's hundreds of people doing it just in my local area so she can pretty much walk around.

Blimey, bit different to here. The testers who've been here say they can drive anywhere between Lowestoft/ Eye/ Stowmarket/ Bury to Colchester covering hundreds of miles in a day!

We were part of the initial randomly selected 150,000 across the country but they since increased numbers so might be why its not being so well co-ordinated now.
Antibody test done... on 16:26 - Feb 5 with 1212 viewshatch

Antibody test done... on 15:32 - Jan 26 by hatch

Well done for doing it

Just had my result come through today and I'm negative for antibodies.

October 6th - positive Covid test
December 29th - positive antibody test
January 26th - negative antibody test

I'm not really sure what this means but clearly my antibodies haven't lasted 5 months unless the October test was a false positive and I actually caught it a few months earlier.

It also highlights that the '5 month rule' isn't always the case necessarily and you cannot assume you're immune.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2021 16:28]
Antibody test done... on 16:36 - Feb 5 with 1169 viewsm14_blue

Well done Debsy, takes real courage to do something like that when you really don’t want to.
Antibody test done... on 10:27 - Sep 6 with 796 viewsRyorry

Just ordered one (home test) from Lloyds Pharmacy online (it's the Roche one apparently).

Thanks for writing about it, encouraged me to do - want if I can (well need really, as the isolations started getting to me lately) to go out a few times in Sept & Oct.

Got to hand it to the young couple (from out of area) walking up single-track lane near my home yesterday eve that I passed whilst walking my mutt. It's a fairly remote area & unusual to see anyone else walking that lane. Spotted them from 200m away, prepared to hold my breath - then when they got closer, could see they were both masked! (thanked them of course).

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Antibody test done... on 11:16 - Sep 6 with 669 viewsDebsyAngel

Antibody test done... on 10:27 - Sep 6 by Ryorry

Just ordered one (home test) from Lloyds Pharmacy online (it's the Roche one apparently).

Thanks for writing about it, encouraged me to do - want if I can (well need really, as the isolations started getting to me lately) to go out a few times in Sept & Oct.

Got to hand it to the young couple (from out of area) walking up single-track lane near my home yesterday eve that I passed whilst walking my mutt. It's a fairly remote area & unusual to see anyone else walking that lane. Spotted them from 200m away, prepared to hold my breath - then when they got closer, could see they were both masked! (thanked them of course).

Good luck with it - it was pretty simple to do, and I didn't feel pain when having to extract the blood from my finger. It can be hard if you are a but squeamish though. It only takes a split second, that part!

I am glad it encouraged you to do it - let me know how it goes xx
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024