Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Are we safe to assume that the only reason this is dragging out for so long 19:20 - Jan 30 with 1218 viewsPlums

Is that Marcus hasn’t yet admitted to himself that he had his pants pulled down about 12 months ago and got rinsed for a five year deal.

C’mon mate, we’ve all made mistakes but it’s the bigger man who looks himself in the mirror and takes steps to makes things right. Letting this fester is doing nobody any good.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Are we safe to assume that the only reason this is dragging out for so long on 19:31 - Jan 30 with 1150 viewsBent_double

I can honestly picture Evans sat with his phone, scrolling through TWTD and crying with laughter at all the, "Lambert Out" posts, knowing full well that Lambert's here for the foreseeable.

As you say though, time for him to admit he got it wrong and do the right thing now before it really is too late, not that it would mean much to him, but it would certainly earn him my respect.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Are we safe to assume that the only reason this is dragging out for so long on 19:35 - Jan 30 with 1112 viewsChrisd

Are we safe to assume that the only reason this is dragging out for so long on 19:31 - Jan 30 by Bent_double

I can honestly picture Evans sat with his phone, scrolling through TWTD and crying with laughter at all the, "Lambert Out" posts, knowing full well that Lambert's here for the foreseeable.

As you say though, time for him to admit he got it wrong and do the right thing now before it really is too late, not that it would mean much to him, but it would certainly earn him my respect.

The way we are playing and our form the longer this is allowed to drag on we could quite easily get sucked into a relegation scrap and that worries me even more.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Are we safe to assume that the only reason this is dragging out for so long on 19:48 - Jan 30 with 1060 viewsgordon

It's also the case that Marcus Evans has (according to reports on here) had a big input into the system and team selection - it's because of him that we stick so rigidly to the 4-3-3, and didn't change the team much early in the season. I guess anything that goes wrong, Lambert will say something like, well, it's your system Mr Evans, would you like me to change it?

And if Lambert did get sacked, I'd guess he could (at some point) go public about what Evans had told him to do etc.
Are we safe to assume that the only reason this is dragging out for so long on 19:51 - Jan 30 with 1007 viewsCoco

Are we safe to assume that the only reason this is dragging out for so long on 19:48 - Jan 30 by gordon

It's also the case that Marcus Evans has (according to reports on here) had a big input into the system and team selection - it's because of him that we stick so rigidly to the 4-3-3, and didn't change the team much early in the season. I guess anything that goes wrong, Lambert will say something like, well, it's your system Mr Evans, would you like me to change it?

And if Lambert did get sacked, I'd guess he could (at some point) go public about what Evans had told him to do etc.

not sure a man of his professed integrity would do such a thing.

#SellUpMarcusEvans #LambertOUT // Sent from my iphone - which explains all the felling spuck ups
Poll: When we're finally freed from Mick McCarthy would you like to see Burley as DoF?

Are we safe to assume that the only reason this is dragging out for so long on 19:58 - Jan 30 with 970 viewsBent_double

Are we safe to assume that the only reason this is dragging out for so long on 19:48 - Jan 30 by gordon

Maybe Evans should employ a football advisor, there's a Mr Cook or a couple of brothers named Cowley available at the moment. They could 'advise' Mr Evans on things such as training methods, tactics, shape, then he could pass that directly on to Mr Lambert to implement, before and during games if necessary.

If Mr Lambert doesn't like that setup, well he knows what he can do.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

Are we safe to assume that the only reason this is dragging out for so long on 20:27 - Jan 30 with 880 viewsSwansea_Blue

Who knows. I see the potential answers as to why nothing’s happened as follows:

1. As you say, he’s committed to the long term deal and is reluctant to back track.
2. The cost implications of paying off Lambert & staff and hiring a new team
3. He genuinely thinks Lambert is doing a good job or believes he can do a good job (e.g. accepts the injuries/weird Covid season as valid excuses
4. Doesn’t know what to do: either can’t decide whether Lambert should be sacked or unsure about who’s next
5. Has made a decision, but is moving slowly
6. Doesn’t care or too busy now to look at it.

I can’t think of any more possible reasons for the inaction. No idea which it might be; possibly 4 or 5.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Are we safe to assume that the only reason this is dragging out for so long on 20:49 - Jan 30 with 820 viewsBryanPlug

Are we safe to assume that the only reason this is dragging out for so long on 19:58 - Jan 30 by Bent_double

Maybe Evans should employ a football advisor, there's a Mr Cook or a couple of brothers named Cowley available at the moment. They could 'advise' Mr Evans on things such as training methods, tactics, shape, then he could pass that directly on to Mr Lambert to implement, before and during games if necessary.

If Mr Lambert doesn't like that setup, well he knows what he can do.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Are we safe to assume that the only reason this is dragging out for so long on 22:24 - Jan 30 with 734 viewsuppersirbob

In previous managers he has fired there is always someone else waiting in the wings ready to go the next day or so perhaps he is waiting to get that sorted again
Login to get fewer ads

Are we safe to assume that the only reason this is dragging out for so long on 22:36 - Jan 30 with 672 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Are we safe to assume that the only reason this is dragging out for so long on 19:35 - Jan 30 by Chrisd

The way we are playing and our form the longer this is allowed to drag on we could quite easily get sucked into a relegation scrap and that worries me even more.

We are currently on relegation form so it is the early season points in the bank that are keeping us clear of it.

However, with half the season to play it would only take a slight dip in form to be dragged into it. I am not sure the team under Lambert has the fight to overcome it either. It's not like we put up a fight when faced with our last relegation.

We need Lambert gone before we are sucked into one.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Are we safe to assume that the only reason this is dragging out for so long on 22:40 - Jan 30 with 649 viewsBluedanW

Are we safe to assume that the only reason this is dragging out for so long on 22:36 - Jan 30 by Nthsuffolkblue

We are currently on relegation form so it is the early season points in the bank that are keeping us clear of it.

However, with half the season to play it would only take a slight dip in form to be dragged into it. I am not sure the team under Lambert has the fight to overcome it either. It's not like we put up a fight when faced with our last relegation.

We need Lambert gone before we are sucked into one.

Slight dip in form? Current form would be enough to drag us into the relegation zone
Are we safe to assume that the only reason this is dragging out for so long on 22:49 - Jan 30 with 614 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Are we safe to assume that the only reason this is dragging out for so long on 22:40 - Jan 30 by BluedanW

Slight dip in form? Current form would be enough to drag us into the relegation zone

Try reading my post again.

We are on 11 points from 11 games. Our form over a considerable period of time is relegation form. It is, therefore our early season points that are keeping us clear of it.

Maybe I am wrong, but I doubt teams get relegated from this league on 59 points. If they do you are correct. If it is closer to 50 points we would need a slight dip in form. One I could easily see happening the way we are going.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024