Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Little Shrewsbury today 09:20 - Feb 13 with 1484 viewsBluefish

Oh how we mocked them when we snatch away their manager and 2 of their stars. A club that was celebrating being bigger than they should be by being in the top half of league 1. Easiest win ever today then? Everyone must be feeling confident that we will brush them aside

Northampton and Oxford next. Might as well give us the 9 points now

TWTD

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Little Shrewsbury today on 09:48 - Feb 13 with 1399 viewsm14_blue

Did we mock them? Don’t remember that at all.
Little Shrewsbury today on 09:49 - Feb 13 with 1392 viewscatch74

Little Shrewsbury today on 09:48 - Feb 13 by m14_blue

Everyone except Bluefish mocked them.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Little Shrewsbury today on 09:59 - Feb 13 with 1354 viewsTrumptonBlue

Anyone who knows anything about Ipswich's history would never mock Shrewsbury.
Little Shrewsbury today on 10:03 - Feb 13 with 1328 viewsbournemouthblue

Little Shrewsbury today on 09:48 - Feb 13 by m14_blue

From memory, their fans were a bit Salty about him joining us

A vast contrast with Jack Ross' St Mirren fans who seemed to be a bit more educated?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Little Shrewsbury today on 13:20 - Feb 13 with 1149 viewsSalop1886

Salop fan here.

I don't know how old blue fish is but Shrewsbury did spend the whole of the 80's decade in the championship (Div2 old money), and i recall knocking Ipswich out of the FA Cup twice as well. Yes that is the pinnacle the club could achieve and hopefully will return one day, we blew it under Hurst.

I will be disappointed if we don't take something from todays game.
Little Shrewsbury today on 13:22 - Feb 13 with 1140 viewsgtsb1966

Little Shrewsbury today on 13:20 - Feb 13 by Salop1886

Salop fan here.

I don't know how old blue fish is but Shrewsbury did spend the whole of the 80's decade in the championship (Div2 old money), and i recall knocking Ipswich out of the FA Cup twice as well. Yes that is the pinnacle the club could achieve and hopefully will return one day, we blew it under Hurst.

I'll be disappointed if you don't win. Need another nail in Lambert's coffin.
Little Shrewsbury today on 13:23 - Feb 13 with 1136 viewsPJH

Salop fan here.

So Hurst is the reason that BOTH of us are in the third division.

I was at all three of those games in the F.A. Cup.
Little Shrewsbury today on 13:28 - Feb 13 with 1096 viewsm14_blue

Salop fan here.

Great turnaround from you lot recently.

I guess you must be clear favourites for today, and rightly so.
Login to get fewer ads

Little Shrewsbury today on 13:41 - Feb 13 with 1046 viewsSalop1886

Little Shrewsbury today on 13:28 - Feb 13 by m14_blue

You might hate me for saying this, but outside looking in, shows what a good job McCarthy did for Ipswich. I think the ipswich Chairman has a reputation for running a financially tight ship at Ipswich which is possibly the reason you could not push on in the Championship.

I don't think any manager could have changed your fortunes when you were relegated on the limited budget available, and Hurst was a punt by your Chairman who was reluctant to over invest on players?
Little Shrewsbury today on 13:43 - Feb 13 with 1034 viewsSalop1886

Little Shrewsbury today on 13:28 - Feb 13 by m14_blue

We have to be aiming for 3 poits . In the form table from the last 12 games we are 3rd and Ipswich 14th, but I would still be happy with a point having beaten Sunderland in midweek
Little Shrewsbury today on 13:43 - Feb 13 with 1028 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

Salop fan here.

I don’t know either but I assume he’s about 12.

Good luck today. We need Lambert gone ASAP!
Little Shrewsbury today on 13:44 - Feb 13 with 1024 viewsfooters

Little Shrewsbury today on 13:41 - Feb 13 by Salop1886

You might hate me for saying this, but outside looking in, shows what a good job McCarthy did for Ipswich. I think the ipswich Chairman has a reputation for running a financially tight ship at Ipswich which is possibly the reason you could not push on in the Championship.

I don't think any manager could have changed your fortunes when you were relegated on the limited budget available, and Hurst was a punt by your Chairman who was reluctant to over invest on players?

The idea at the time was that we'd cherry pick from the lower leagues and build a young side that could compete for less in the Championship. Unfortunately, Hurst has or had a terrible eye for a decent player, overspent on League One and Two dross who couldn't compete at that level, sold most players who could and then insulted pretty much all the experienced pros.

But yes, Mick did the best with what we had. It was time for him to go but Hurst was not the answer. At all. And neither is Lambert!

P.S. Good luck today. If you're the team that gets PL the sack, then we can all call it quits over the pinching of Hurst hoo-doo yeah?
[Post edited 13 Feb 2021 13:45]

footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Little Shrewsbury today on 13:45 - Feb 13 with 1012 viewsHerbivore

We definitely over-invested in Nolan and Nsiala.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Little Shrewsbury today on 14:36 - Feb 13 with 939 viewsSalop1886

Little Shrewsbury today on 13:45 - Feb 13 by Herbivore

We definitely over-invested in Nolan and Nsiala.

You certainly did, thank you very much for the 1.5 million or was it nearer 2 million.
Little Shrewsbury today on 14:42 - Feb 13 with 882 viewsm14_blue

Not at all, Mick did brilliantly and it’s not unreasonable to reflect on that given how things have turned out since. Everything has a shelf life though and the time was right to move on for both sides.

Hurst was a gamble but looked a good appointment in paper given how well he’d done up there. Things don’t always work out how you expect/hope though, that’s football.

I don’t agree that no one could have kept us up after Mick left, our budget was small but by no means the smallest in the league, Hurst just made a complete mess of it.
Little Shrewsbury today on 14:42 - Feb 13 with 875 viewsstrikalite

Little Shrewsbury today on 13:43 - Feb 13 by Salop1886

We have to be aiming for 3 poits . In the form table from the last 12 games we are 3rd and Ipswich 14th, but I would still be happy with a point having beaten Sunderland in midweek

Chapman has been a damn good loan for you...
Little Shrewsbury today on 20:43 - Feb 13 with 694 viewsStowmarketshrew

Little Shrewsbury today on 14:42 - Feb 13 by strikalite

Chapman has been a damn good loan for you...

Chapman has been outstanding for us, shame just a loan sadly but he's scored four in four, all superb strikes.

As for the £1.8m we scammed you for Nolan and Nsiala, the absolute deal of the century for us. Both solid lower league journeymen who had the seasons of their lives. To be fair I'd take Nolan back but Nsiala, not a chance.

Gutted today was called off, always a good laugh in my household as my wife and son have Ipswich season tickets. The only consolation being I might be able to use mine to attend the rescheduled fixture if it's late enough in the season.

Good luck getting rid of Lambert - having spent months trying to get rid of our last manager it's a graat feeling when it happens.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024