Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) 18:42 - Feb 14 with 4247 viewsPJH

It was not a shock because she had been in hospital for two weeks and we were told on Friday morning that she probably only had hours to go, she was also 95.

The reason that I am posting this at all is because I want to thank her and my late dad (he died 8 years ago next month) for introducing me to ITFC.

I might have discovered ITFC anyway but it helped having club supporting parents.

They first took me when I was aged 3 or 4, it could have been either but my first memory of football (and probably anything else) puts it at that time.

I know I was at PR on 22nd March 1958 with my dad because that was when my sister was born and the midwife wanted me and dad out of the way.

I have memories of F.A. Cup games against Luton and Peterborough in 1959 and 1960 and the opening of the floodlights at PR in 1960 but most of my real ITFC memories start with 1961/62- but that is another story

Thanks mum (and dad) RIP
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 01:01 - Feb 15 with 495 viewsronnyd

I lost my Mum on Boxing Day aged 101. Even though they have had a good innings, it's still a hell of a miss. Condolences to you and your family.
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 01:06 - Feb 15 with 493 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 21:46 - Feb 14 by PJH

I am pleased that your parents are at a pretty good age and still healthy-although your mum is not a lot older than me!

My dad got into his 90's and, as you see, my mum got to 95 but I think that if you can look back and have no regrets about things that you have said and done regarding your parents then that is the best that you can hope for.

Thanks. You're a star given the time you're going through. I really appreciate it.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 08:30 - Feb 15 with 418 viewsitfcjoe

Sorry to hear that PJH, sounds like there are lots of good times to remember them by which is all we can ask for

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 09:02 - Feb 15 with 398 viewsWeWereZombies

Condolences PJH, even when a loss is expected it is still difficult to deal with. Hope you and your family are coping and if it is getting difficult you know you can reach out to people on TWTD for support.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 09:07 - Feb 15 with 392 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Very sorry to read that PJH. Best wishes to you.
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 09:16 - Feb 15 with 379 viewsMetal_Hacker

Sorry to hear PJH - thoughts and best wishes to you and your family

Poll: If it were one or the other

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 10:19 - Feb 15 with 358 viewslondontractorboy57

Condolences PJH my mother passed away on 21st Dec aged 93 she was also a life long Town fan and her uncle and auntie introduced me to ITFC.
May they both R.I.P
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 11:52 - Feb 15 with 328 viewsPJH

Thanks to all that have posted since my earlier 'thank you'.

I appreciate the thoughts and best wishes.
Login to get fewer ads

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 11:54 - Feb 15 with 323 viewsPJH

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 22:02 - Feb 14 by hoppy

RIP MRS PJH SR

Sorry to hear of your loss, but thanks to them for setting you on your ITFC following days, as those memories, along with your memory have given some incredible stories, none more so re-readable than your memories of Ipswich Town being the champions of England.

Thoughts with you.

Thanks hoppy.

Yes as I said in my OP I might have 'discovered' ITFC anyway but I got off to a good start with two ITFC supporting parents.
My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 11:57 - Feb 15 with 319 viewsPJH

My mum passed away today(I know I have put it on football) on 22:38 - Feb 14 by woodbridge_blue

Condolences to you and your family.

Another of the dwindling band of the Woodbridge regulars of the 50s and 60s gone .... can't be that many left now?

No, as I think I told you before my dad was on the committee of the Woodbridge branch of ITFC Supporters Club but not likely to be all that many from that branch still around now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024