Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Growing up supporting Town since the mid 90s 16:08 - Feb 17 with 1305 viewsCrockerITFC

I genuinely never thought I'd see the day where Norwich is the dominant force in East Anglia...we used to completely school them and now we've stooped so low. What a disgrace.
Growing up supporting Town since the mid 90s on 16:11 - Feb 17 with 1279 viewshype313

Been going on for years, we haven't beaten them in 11 years and 13 games.

However, if this is Norwich's purple patch and peak of their powers, then a couple of promotions is all they have to show for it before they revert back to basics.

At least at our peak we won European competitions.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Growing up supporting Town since the mid 90s on 16:12 - Feb 17 with 1270 viewsCrockerITFC

Growing up supporting Town since the mid 90s on 16:11 - Feb 17 by hype313

However, if this is Norwich's purple patch and peak of their powers, then a couple of promotions is all they have to show for it before they revert back to basics.

Unfortunately not in my lifetime but at least I have the Burley years
Growing up supporting Town since the mid 90s on 16:13 - Feb 17 with 1268 viewsTieDyedIn95

Growing up supporting Town since the mid 90s on 16:11 - Feb 17 by hype313

I think they could well establish themselves at some point, they have done everything right and are playing the long game, using the parachute payments to their advantage rather than making them the excuse like our owner has.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Growing up supporting Town since the mid 90s on 16:16 - Feb 17 with 1249 viewsmonytowbray

I miss going to games and watching us in no uncertain terms utterly d1ck over other teams.

In fact I just miss going into a game confident of a win.

When was the last time we had a side and system that picked the style/pace of the game whilst other teams tried to match us?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Growing up supporting Town since the mid 90s on 16:16 - Feb 17 with 1247 viewshype313

Growing up supporting Town since the mid 90s on 16:13 - Feb 17 by TieDyedIn95

I think they could well establish themselves at some point, they have done everything right and are playing the long game, using the parachute payments to their advantage rather than making them the excuse like our owner has.

I genuinely can't see them establishing themselves in the PL, that might be me being biased, but they don't have wealthy enough owners, and it's all very well selling your best players for large sums, but eventually that will bite you in the bum.

Very well run club though, hats off to Delia at al for the work they have done, especially compared to our charlatan.

Growing up supporting Town since the mid 90s on 16:18 - Feb 17 with 1238 viewstractorlad01

I’m 24 and have no memories of us being anything other than championship team. And now we’re even worse...
Growing up supporting Town since the mid 90s on 16:19 - Feb 17 with 1231 viewshype313

Growing up supporting Town since the mid 90s on 16:18 - Feb 17 by tractorlad01

I’m 24 and have no memories of us being anything other than championship team. And now we’re even worse...

Feel for you, I grew up under the Ferguson then Duncan years just after our European exploits, and that wasn't fun believe me.

Good times will come again.

Growing up supporting Town since the mid 90s on 16:20 - Feb 17 with 1222 viewsMetal_Hacker

Try being some of us who've been around a lot longer

Poll: If it were one or the other

Login to get fewer ads

Growing up supporting Town since the mid 90s on 16:20 - Feb 17 with 1216 viewsTieDyedIn95

Growing up supporting Town since the mid 90s on 16:16 - Feb 17 by hype313

I genuinely can't see them establishing themselves in the PL, that might be me being biased, but they don't have wealthy enough owners, and it's all very well selling your best players for large sums, but eventually that will bite you in the bum.

Very well run club though, hats off to Delia at al for the work they have done, especially compared to our charlatan.

I can't see them competing with Man City or Manure, but I can see them like a Villa, a West Ham or even a Spurs managing to stay in the top league with longish periods without winning too much. Even clubs like Swansea, Wigan, Stoke, Burnley, Portsmouth and so on managed long runs in the top flight during the modern era and have won major cups like the League and FA Cup, so why can't Norwich? We don't like the idea because we've had just 5 seasons in the top flight in 35 years now, but some clubs are not basket cases and can manage a lot better than we can.

Football League First Division / Premier League Champions (1): 1961—62 - Runners-up (2): 1980—81, 1981—82 Football League Second Division / EFL Championship Champions (3): 1960—61, 1967—68, 1991—92 - Play-off winners (1): 1999—2000 Football League Third Division / EFL League One Champions (2): 1953—54, 1956—57 - Southern League Champions (1): 1936—37 FA Cup Winners (1): 1977—78 - Texaco Cup Winners (1): 1972—73 UEFA Cup / UEFA Europa League Winners (1): 1980—81
Poll: Would you attend a socially distanced training ground protest?

Growing up supporting Town since the mid 90s on 16:23 - Feb 17 with 1192 viewshype313

Growing up supporting Town since the mid 90s on 16:20 - Feb 17 by TieDyedIn95

I can't see them competing with Man City or Manure, but I can see them like a Villa, a West Ham or even a Spurs managing to stay in the top league with longish periods without winning too much. Even clubs like Swansea, Wigan, Stoke, Burnley, Portsmouth and so on managed long runs in the top flight during the modern era and have won major cups like the League and FA Cup, so why can't Norwich? We don't like the idea because we've had just 5 seasons in the top flight in 35 years now, but some clubs are not basket cases and can manage a lot better than we can.

No way they will be like a Spurs or West Ham, more like Sheff Utd, a good season in the PL followed by a very nasty decline, not too different to us in the early noughties.

If they go up and Delia sells to a wealthy owner then yes, we will be forever in their shadows going forward, lets hope it doesn't get to that.

Growing up supporting Town since the mid 90s on 16:56 - Feb 17 with 1123 viewsDurovigutum

Growing up supporting Town since the mid 90s on 16:16 - Feb 17 by monytowbray

I miss going to games and watching us in no uncertain terms utterly d1ck over other teams.

In fact I just miss going into a game confident of a win.

When was the last time we had a side and system that picked the style/pace of the game whilst other teams tried to match us?

I remember going to games in the Burley era and watching the opposition "park the bus" and try to kick us off the park, us going one-nil up and the "1-0 to the football team" chants would start.

There's been the odd game in the last few years, the 3-2 loss at home to Brighton being one, where the entertainment made the result less important, but generally my kids have wanted my phone before half time as there was no entertainment on the pitch.....
Growing up supporting Town since the mid 90s on 17:12 - Feb 17 with 1081 viewsHARRY10

What have we done since the mid 90s ?

Taking from when we were both relegated in '95 they won one more game than us, until the 11 year drought.

For them more years in the PL, and three titles and even an FA Youth cup. Not at the level of what we achieved certainly, but it is the past 25 years or so you are talking about.

In which we have won nothing
Growing up supporting Town since the mid 90s on 17:13 - Feb 17 with 1073 viewstheipswichfile

Growing up supporting Town since the mid 90s on 16:18 - Feb 17 by tractorlad01

I have vague memories of the play off winning season but I was too young to really know what was going on. My first game was the PSV friendly in 2001 and its been downhill ever since. Even the days of Shefki, Pablo and Darren Bent seem distant now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024