Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lambert now outperforming Starmer? 13:27 - Feb 24 with 1856 viewsDarth_Koont

Keir and his team could take a leaf out of his book. In other words stop trying to play imaginary chess to an imaginary crowd.

Just stick to the basics of showing, and fighting for, an alternative way forward for the UK. Really isn’t more complicated than that.

Pronouns: He/Him

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 17:43 - Feb 24 with 572 viewslowhouseblue

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 17:00 - Feb 24 by J2BLUE

Starmer seems to take a fortnight to decide which of the single things the Tories have said that he's going to disagree with.

Incredibly uninspiring. Someone (Darth?) suggested he might need to be binned off before the next election. I'm starting to agree.

party politics is pretty much suspended at the moment. twtd isn't representative - most people of all parties are focused on the national emergency and aren't seeing it in narrow party terms. a leader of the opposition has a very hard hand to play. judge starmer when we're out of this crisis.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 17:43 - Feb 24 with 567 viewsmonytowbray

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 17:35 - Feb 24 by J2BLUE

It would have been interesting if the pandemic had happened during Corbyn's first year as leader.

I must admit I thought Starmer was a better candidate and was pleased when he won the leadership contest but he hasn't convinced me yet. Maybe he will and there's some grand plan but somehow I doubt it.

Agree with your points about jobs and pay. It seems like the list of requirements constantly gets longer while the pay gets pushed downwards. Lots of jobs offering £16k a year demanding the world from applicants. If one more person says "just start a business" I might deck them.

I was never convinced by Starmer anyway. Oddly embraced by those same people who kept telling me all politicians are the same and useless when stumped on a positive about Corbyn, now continuing to insist a lawyer in a suit with all the personality of a cardboard cutout is the future Labour needs.

I do enjoy the lack of pushback I get making these points these days though. I think COVID pulled back the curtain for many, some of which have swung their opinions in recent times and some who are notable in their sudden absence from political threads.

That or they've all div listed me.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 17:45 - Feb 24 with 565 viewsmonytowbray

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 17:40 - Feb 24 by lowhouseblue

there was a dialogue when the electorate told you what you could do with corbyn i guess.

go on, have the courage of your convictions and join the swp or respect or whatever they are passing themselves off as now days.

On that logic, shall we talk about what Labour was up until the 90s?

This post has been edited by an administrator

TWTD never forgets…

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 17:46 - Feb 24 with 559 viewsJ2BLUE

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 17:43 - Feb 24 by lowhouseblue

party politics is pretty much suspended at the moment. twtd isn't representative - most people of all parties are focused on the national emergency and aren't seeing it in narrow party terms. a leader of the opposition has a very hard hand to play. judge starmer when we're out of this crisis.

I will. He could be doing far more now though. People who set up a new business just before the pandemic got no help. Johnson was asked about these people and replied something like "we have helped businesses to the tune of *insert figure*". Why are politicians allowed to ignore questions and give false answers? It really annoys me. There are certain things Starmer is completely ignoring while taking forever to pick one Tory line he disagrees with.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 17:46 - Feb 24 with 555 viewsmonytowbray

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 17:43 - Feb 24 by lowhouseblue

TWTD never forgets…

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 18:29 - Feb 24 with 513 viewsDarth_Koont

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 17:40 - Feb 24 by lowhouseblue

there was a dialogue when the electorate told you what you could do with corbyn i guess.

go on, have the courage of your convictions and join the swp or respect or whatever they are passing themselves off as now days.

You and your “vision” of politics will always miss the point.

Wait a minute! Are you advising Starmer? If not, you missed a trick. The grubby flag-shagging and hatred of principles and ideas has you written all over it.

Pronouns: He/Him

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 19:48 - Feb 24 with 471 viewsmonytowbray

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 17:45 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

On that logic, shall we talk about what Labour was up until the 90s?

This post has been edited by an administrator

Did this really just get edited Phil? Is Lowhouse that sensitive that making a counter point about who is/isn’t welcome within Labour with swearing in it is considered abuse in response to one of his usual tirades about all things not pro lobbying and corps?

F**k me.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 19:49]

TWTD never forgets…

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 20:01 - Feb 24 with 464 viewsLord_Lucan

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 17:43 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

I was never convinced by Starmer anyway. Oddly embraced by those same people who kept telling me all politicians are the same and useless when stumped on a positive about Corbyn, now continuing to insist a lawyer in a suit with all the personality of a cardboard cutout is the future Labour needs.

I do enjoy the lack of pushback I get making these points these days though. I think COVID pulled back the curtain for many, some of which have swung their opinions in recent times and some who are notable in their sudden absence from political threads.

That or they've all div listed me.

Are you including me in your second para?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 20:14 - Feb 24 with 451 viewsmonytowbray

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 20:01 - Feb 24 by Lord_Lucan

Are you including me in your second para?

Not directly mentioning anyone, was a general comment on society on the whole globally.

TWTD never forgets…

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? (n/t) on 20:15 - Feb 24 with 449 viewsLord_Lucan

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 20:14 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

Not directly mentioning anyone, was a general comment on society on the whole globally.

Oh really? Perhaps you might be a bit more vague.

I'm happy to discuss any of your perceived wisdoms should you want to be more specific.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 20:16]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? (n/t) on 20:19 - Feb 24 with 444 viewsmonytowbray

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? (n/t) on 20:15 - Feb 24 by Lord_Lucan

Oh really? Perhaps you might be a bit more vague.

I'm happy to discuss any of your perceived wisdoms should you want to be more specific.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2021 20:16]

LL: Are you attacking me personally?

Me: No (TBH Lucan you rarely cross my mind unless I see you post).

LL: Okay well I’m going to have an argument anyway.

Cool.

TWTD never forgets…

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 20:21 - Feb 24 with 442 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 16:48 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

What exactly has he done to win your vote so far other than not be Corbyn?

This is a question we’ve asked many a “I’ve never voted Labour but” folks and we get no reply.

Not to mention based on the likelihood you aren’t a die hard Green or Lib Dem it then raises the question of who have you voted for in the past and based on that is said opinion really going to mean much? Likely not.

He’s behaved like a sensible, responsible adult for a start. I realise that’s a minimum expectation, but it’s sadly a unique position compared to the cabinet and former Labour leadership. We’ve got nothing else to go on though. I wish they would start to take some positions on issues, rather than sit on the fence. I know they can let the Tories hang themselves, but if they want my vote I want to know what they believe in.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? (n/t) on 20:24 - Feb 24 with 440 viewsLord_Lucan

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? (n/t) on 20:19 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

LL: Are you attacking me personally?

Me: No (TBH Lucan you rarely cross my mind unless I see you post).

LL: Okay well I’m going to have an argument anyway.

Cool.

You see this is your big social flaw.

You have completely misrepresented - everything I said.

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 20:45 - Feb 24 with 420 viewsLord_Lucan

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 20:21 - Feb 24 by Swansea_Blue

He’s behaved like a sensible, responsible adult for a start. I realise that’s a minimum expectation, but it’s sadly a unique position compared to the cabinet and former Labour leadership. We’ve got nothing else to go on though. I wish they would start to take some positions on issues, rather than sit on the fence. I know they can let the Tories hang themselves, but if they want my vote I want to know what they believe in.

Corbyn was unelectable and some people screamed that people were saying this and then he suffered the worse defeat in almost 100 years - yet the same people now blame the people who were saying he was unelectable as if it were their fault for putting people off.

Corbyn never really addressed the common everyday people. In his mind everyone was either a political victim or a political saviour - there were no mention of people just getting by or just getting on with it.

People also don't realise that a whole mass of voters in Birmingham and Manchester couldn't in any way vote for him because of his links with The IRA.

Labour hardliners for many times over the years have been more interested in getting their right leader elected to the party rather than getting elected to PM - they care more about controlling their party than their country.

In comes Starmer, looks good and I think he might be a bit of a goer, I can already see him getting my vote. Then he starts dismantling Boris in PMQs and it's looking like he is the man.

What the hell has happened? He has turned into a wet blob. The Labour Party has only one thing to say about any government policy - "It's not enough". They don't offer any other suggestions.

If the government said they were going to give 10 trillion £ into youth centres in Telford, Labour would just roll out "It's not enough"

What next?

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? (n/t) on 21:27 - Feb 24 with 399 viewsmonytowbray

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? (n/t) on 20:24 - Feb 24 by Lord_Lucan

You see this is your big social flaw.

You have completely misrepresented - everything I said.

Seeing as you requested some “perceived” wisdom, I’d love to know what I’ve perceived wrong here in your view.

If you felt like the show fitted in my first post perhaps ask yourself why you feel that way.

TWTD never forgets…

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 21:31 - Feb 24 with 395 viewsmonytowbray

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 20:45 - Feb 24 by Lord_Lucan

Corbyn was unelectable and some people screamed that people were saying this and then he suffered the worse defeat in almost 100 years - yet the same people now blame the people who were saying he was unelectable as if it were their fault for putting people off.

Corbyn never really addressed the common everyday people. In his mind everyone was either a political victim or a political saviour - there were no mention of people just getting by or just getting on with it.

People also don't realise that a whole mass of voters in Birmingham and Manchester couldn't in any way vote for him because of his links with The IRA.

Labour hardliners for many times over the years have been more interested in getting their right leader elected to the party rather than getting elected to PM - they care more about controlling their party than their country.

In comes Starmer, looks good and I think he might be a bit of a goer, I can already see him getting my vote. Then he starts dismantling Boris in PMQs and it's looking like he is the man.

What the hell has happened? He has turned into a wet blob. The Labour Party has only one thing to say about any government policy - "It's not enough". They don't offer any other suggestions.

If the government said they were going to give 10 trillion £ into youth centres in Telford, Labour would just roll out "It's not enough"

What next?

Two thousand and seventeen called, it wants to be represented contextually in the 2019 defeat correctly.

TWTD never forgets…

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? (n/t) on 21:42 - Feb 24 with 386 viewsLord_Lucan

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? (n/t) on 21:27 - Feb 24 by monytowbray

Seeing as you requested some “perceived” wisdom, I’d love to know what I’ve perceived wrong here in your view.

If you felt like the show fitted in my first post perhaps ask yourself why you feel that way.

Genuinely not 100% sure what you mean.

I've just had my dinner and going to retire for a bit but will be back.

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? (n/t) on 21:46 - Feb 24 with 381 viewsmonytowbray

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? (n/t) on 21:42 - Feb 24 by Lord_Lucan

Genuinely not 100% sure what you mean.

I've just had my dinner and going to retire for a bit but will be back.

You’ve told me you’re being misrepresented in a debate where you weren’t being represented in the first place.

There’s no need to come back later as the conversation could/should have ended at “no”.

TWTD never forgets…

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 21:50 - Feb 24 with 374 viewsSwansea_Blue

Lambert now outperforming Starmer? on 20:45 - Feb 24 by Lord_Lucan

What next?

I'm not so sure that Corbyn didn't address the common everyday people. Their manifesto would have improved normal people's lives. The issues with his unelectability had little to do with what they wanted to do as a party, as you touched on.

Starmer has certainly hit the buffers. He was doing really well in PMQs wasn't he. But then they don't build on it. It's early with regard to an election, but they need to build support now and not just wait for the election campaign.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024