Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The "New, new era" is going to be different..... 09:35 - Mar 1 with 1922 viewsBloots

....to what we've been used to, or at least what we've aspired to.

Obviously this is only my view.

We are moving firmly into the "Football Business" sector, rather than the "Football Club" that we, as fans are used to.

The business model from "The Consortium" will be: Buy, Restructure, Promote, Sell, Profit.

We need to accept that this will not be a long term project, in the short/medium term it will essentially be the same model that Evans tried, but the difference being that they will (hopefully) structure the Club better to achieve the same ultimate goal.

The appointment of managers will probably be on the same principles, if it is Cook his remit will be simple, get us out of this Division. Don't be surprised if we start seeing short term managers being tasked with specific "projects" and then binned if/when they achieve them.

Whoever the next manager is should be viewed as a transitional manager more than a long term solution.

You can probably say the same for "The Consortium".

Is this all a bad thing? Only time will tell.

But things are going to be very different, and that certainly isn't a bad thing.

Hold onto your hats!

AKA - "Elite Pete"

Maybe, but we have to remember that.... on 10:59 - Mar 1 with 258 viewsBluefish

Maybe, but we have to remember that.... on 10:45 - Mar 1 by Swansea_Blue

The stuff online around Phoenix Rising and the community connections/sense of pride and belonging is pretty encouraging. We will have to all drink Bud and line dance through the turnstiles though.

I have to drink Bud? Bring back Shambert the deal is off

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

The "New, new era" is going to be different..... on 11:02 - Mar 1 with 246 viewsFunge

The "New, new era" is going to be different..... on 09:45 - Mar 1 by chicoazul

Yep. I’ve beaten the drum about the Club Is Dead for years now but we aren’t going to see it come back now in its’ old form of Little Old Ipswich. It’s going to be run by utterly ruthless Americans and as anyone who has worked for the Americans knows success is a) clearly defined and b) everything.

Agree with all of the above.
Maybe, but we have to remember that.... on 11:03 - Mar 1 with 245 viewsNthQldITFC

Maybe, but we have to remember that.... on 10:45 - Mar 1 by Swansea_Blue

The stuff online around Phoenix Rising and the community connections/sense of pride and belonging is pretty encouraging. We will have to all drink Bud and line dance through the turnstiles though.

FFS! If I have to drink Budweiser, Premier League or not, I'm out.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

The "New, new era" is going to be different..... on 12:07 - Mar 1 with 180 viewsWickets

The "New, new era" is going to be different..... on 10:28 - Mar 1 by SouperJim

I think most of us are cautiously optimistic at the moment, but if COVID has taught me anything, it's that life is too short to worry overly much about BCWYWF.

As others have said, like it or not, football has moved on from the kind of model we identify with as "little old Ipswich". Of course I don't want to see the club I love go down the pan on a reckless roll of the dice, but I'd also like to enjoy watching a team with a chance of some measure of success again before I'm in the ground myself. What's the point of preserving the club for future generations, if it's a miserable crumbling ruin of a bygone era?

62, 78, 81 and 2000 can never be taken away from us. I'd rather take a shot at adding to the list than just bimble off into obscurity. I want another night like Magic's hattrick against Bolton. I want to see my team at Wembley again. I want to watch us square off against the budgies, kicking and screaming that we're still here, we will not go quietly into the night, we can still beat you and then rub your faces in it. It's that passion and emotion that turned me into a Town fan in the first place. Without that, what's the point?
[Post edited 1 Mar 2021 10:28]

Great post sort of sums up what most of us are feeling right now .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024