Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? 13:51 - Mar 1 with 3244 viewsCokeIsKey

https://t.co/J7TjzZTzF7

O'Neill: No Offer on Table For Town 1st Mar 2021 14:43
General manager of football operations Lee O’Neill says there is no offer currently on the table for the Blues, despite interest from a US-backed consortium, and that owner Marcus Evans’s stance remains unchanged. 43

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:48 - Mar 1 with 677 viewsclive_baker

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:17 - Mar 1 by Kieran_Knows

It's just the way he goes from 'no offer for club' to 'Lambert going is separate issue to that'. Just amateurish.

That made me laugh. Separate to what? Thought there was nothing doing there Lee.

Similarly to ‘I think it’s been well publicised it’s been going on for quite a while’ having constantly painted a picture of a steady ship for the past however many months.

I don’t expect him to comment on the deal tbh, but he’s better off saying that. His role is on the football side, he’s not a CEO. There’s a very easy deflection for him without needing to lie. Feel a bit sorry for Lee really, he shouldn’t be the mouthpiece for the club, it’s not his forte.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:52 - Mar 1 with 639 viewsMonkeyAlan

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:04 - Mar 1 by homer_123

He's correct to say there isn't.

He's probably bound by a non-disclosure clause that stops him talking about it.

You said it would be this week earlier. Changed your mind yet?
Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:53 - Mar 1 with 638 viewsportmanking

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:48 - Mar 1 by clive_baker

That made me laugh. Separate to what? Thought there was nothing doing there Lee.

Similarly to ‘I think it’s been well publicised it’s been going on for quite a while’ having constantly painted a picture of a steady ship for the past however many months.

I don’t expect him to comment on the deal tbh, but he’s better off saying that. His role is on the football side, he’s not a CEO. There’s a very easy deflection for him without needing to lie. Feel a bit sorry for Lee really, he shouldn’t be the mouthpiece for the club, it’s not his forte.

Thing is, I'm not even sure O'Neil can say "it's been going on". That could quite easily be a breach of an NDA. He's been given a party line to tow and that's that I reckon.
Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:53 - Mar 1 with 637 viewsclive_baker

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:52 - Mar 1 by MonkeyAlan

You said it would be this week earlier. Changed your mind yet?

Changed yours that Lambert isn’t going anywhere?

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:56 - Mar 1 with 608 viewsOsborneOneNil

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:24 - Mar 1 by MonkeyAlan

It's way off if there is one. Why would any manager take a job on where he didn't know who his boss was? This smacks of an Evans appointment. He isn't going anywhere yet.

There he goes again. Now Lambert has actually gone, against your knowledge, you're now moving on to the takeover.
Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 15:01 - Mar 1 with 568 viewsChurchman

Who knows. Evans little poodle isn’t going to say anything or leave the conversation open in any way shape or form.

Hopefully something will happen behind the scenes, but if it doesn’t the ditching of Lambert is a start.
Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 15:02 - Mar 1 with 558 viewsMonkeyAlan

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:53 - Mar 1 by clive_baker

Changed yours that Lambert isn’t going anywhere?

Lambert wasn't. It only happened at the last minute. He was never walking.
Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 15:16 - Mar 1 with 518 viewsSamWhiteUK

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 15:02 - Mar 1 by MonkeyAlan

Do stfu ffs
Login to get fewer ads

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 15:31 - Mar 1 with 471 viewsFreddy

Evans waiting to see if play offs are a possibility ??
Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 15:39 - Mar 1 with 437 viewsclive_baker

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 15:02 - Mar 1 by MonkeyAlan

He wasn’t walking because he wanted a payoff. ME checked out of Lambert ages ago, he’s been tapping up alternatives left, right and centre. He’s not let him make a non loanee singing since the summer and they were low risk freebies. It’s been in ‘when not if’ territory for a while, takeover or no takeover. To use MM’s words he’s been a caretaker in his own job. ME’s dallying has almost certainly been takeover related. Paul Cook in tomorrow or Wednesday on a 3 year deal.

Good job too, he’s the right man for it regardless of when / if this takeover gets announced.

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 15:42 - Mar 1 with 421 viewsclive_baker

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 14:17 - Mar 1 by Kieran_Knows

It's just the way he goes from 'no offer for club' to 'Lambert going is separate issue to that'. Just amateurish.

Your username has offered excellent longevity. Wonderful foresight Sir.

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 15:44 - Mar 1 with 404 viewsKieran_Knows

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 15:42 - Mar 1 by clive_baker

Ha, it has lasted me well. Paul Ince to take over once Cook has got us Champions League football ....

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 15:47 - Mar 1 with 375 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 15:42 - Mar 1 by clive_baker

Except it should've been "Paul_Doesn't_Know" thus far!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 15:50 - Mar 1 with 353 viewsclive_baker

Lee O’Neil actively denying any sort of takeover? on 15:47 - Mar 1 by The_Flashing_Smile

Except it should've been "Paul_Doesn't_Know" thus far!

Good point well made

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024