Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We need Shaun Derry type in midfield. 20:07 - Mar 6 with 735 viewscbower

An experienced destroyer to control things and allow the Bishop's, Dozzell's et al to go and play. Not sure Downes is genuinely that sort, well not yet anyway.

bluescouser

We need Shaun Derry type in midfield. on 23:43 - Mar 6 with 579 viewsbournemouthblue

Downes is more of a box to box type midfielder?

I've had my doubts about this supposedly great squad for a while.

There's some talented players in the squad but we certainly lack pace and power through the spine of the team. Lambert has never really addressed this sadly!

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

We need Shaun Derry type in midfield. on 23:48 - Mar 6 with 570 viewspointofblue

We need Shaun Derry type in midfield. on 23:43 - Mar 6 by bournemouthblue

Downes is more of a box to box type midfielder?

I've had my doubts about this supposedly great squad for a while.

There's some talented players in the squad but we certainly lack pace and power through the spine of the team. Lambert has never really addressed this sadly!

Someone, I think Herbivore, has been banging the drum for a while - the squad has good players in it but is bloated yet lacks depth, or indeed anyone, in certain areas. An experienced midfield controller/destroyer being one of them, especially with Skuse not in his prime but out injured anyway.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

We need Shaun Derry type in midfield. on 23:52 - Mar 6 with 552 viewschrismakin

Problem is. Unless you're putting in defence splitting passes or taking on 3 or 4 players you're deemed not to be a good midfield option.

Norris. Leadbitter. Skuse.

All players in the past completely underappreciated by supporters yet we see a lot of love for dozzell and bishop its baffling tbh

I agree those i have named arent flashy players by any means but they did their job to a solid standard.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

We need Shaun Derry type in midfield. on 01:04 - Mar 7 with 511 viewsThe_Last_Baron

Funnily enough Shaun Derry should have joined us in 2010. He wanted to sign but the Town hierarchy messed up the deal. A terrible decision as he would have made Town a much better side. Instead he signed for QPR and they were promoted.

Poll: Would you support a permanent return to the old yellow Town badge?

We need Shaun Derry type in midfield. on 07:51 - Mar 7 with 443 viewsKeaneish

Chambers > Downes > Norwood is a good enough spine with plenty of experience and bite at this level. We have the solution to the problem, its right in front of us. Sadly, we've had an incompetent coaching us for. along time and its created the illusion we need to bring in better.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

We need Shaun Derry type in midfield. on 07:53 - Mar 7 with 435 viewsSwailsey

I think Clegg is still working on getting him in.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024