Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just asking. 18:07 - Mar 8 with 7714 viewsFelstow1978

So how does a discreet garden-side chat with Oprah sit alongside calls for privacy and being left alone? Just how much money can the role of Victim make you?

Poll: Isn't it time that HRH Shesgotmyballsinherhand stops feeling the need to preach?

Just asking. on 18:35 - Mar 9 with 541 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Just asking. on 18:13 - Mar 9 by footers

Let's be blunt. You think she's a 'b1tch' as per the other thread.

That's your basic premise?

No.... I mean I do think She comes across as B yes
, wont deny that for 1 sec. But that doesn't change the fact that some subjects were given a wide birth and it was clearly a an interview that was intended to deliver a certain narrative.

As I'm sure you would have garnered from the other thread, my perception of anyone being a B is not itself enough to make me dislike someone. #swifty

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Just asking. on 18:41 - Mar 9 with 518 viewsSpruceMoose

Just asking. on 18:35 - Mar 9 by BlueandTruesince82

, wont deny that for 1 sec. But that doesn't change the fact that some subjects were given a wide birth and it was clearly a an interview that was intended to deliver a certain narrative.

As I'm sure you would have garnered from the other thread, my perception of anyone being a B is not itself enough to make me dislike someone. #swifty

Saying 'B' as opposed to 'Bitch' doesn't make it any better, FYI.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Just asking. on 18:47 - Mar 9 with 517 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Just asking. on 18:41 - Mar 9 by SpruceMoose

Saying 'B' as opposed to 'Bitch' doesn't make it any better, FYI.

And?

Not sure what your point is, you seem determined to pick fight just because somone has a different option to you.

Just asking. on 18:47 - Mar 9 with 509 viewsSpruceMoose

Just asking. on 18:47 - Mar 9 by BlueandTruesince82

And?

Not sure what your point is, you seem determined to pick fight just because somone has a different option to you.

I mean, you seem determined to try and frame it that way, but that's really not the case.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Just asking. on 18:48 - Mar 9 with 509 viewsfooters

Just asking. on 18:35 - Mar 9 by BlueandTruesince82

All interviews are done to deliver a certain narrative, so I'm not really sure what your actual point is?

footers KC - Prosecution Barrister - Friend to all
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Just asking. on 18:51 - Mar 9 with 502 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Just asking. on 18:47 - Mar 9 by SpruceMoose

I mean, you seem determined to try and frame it that way, but that's really not the case.

In your opinion.... quite key that.

Fair dos mate.

Just asking. on 18:53 - Mar 9 with 498 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Just asking. on 18:48 - Mar 9 by footers

All interviews are done to deliver a certain narrative, so I'm not really sure what your actual point is?

I think you've answered your own question

Just asking. on 20:20 - Mar 9 with 462 viewsRyorry

Just asking. on 18:10 - Mar 9 by BlueandTruesince82

I'm not suggesting for one moment we shouldn't all think about any form prejudice. Not sure where it says I do.

I wasn't suggesting her dad or her friends had anything to do with them leaving just that there seems to be a common denominator there and that clearly there were things that were of limits and thus a stage managed puff piece Is perhaps not the best barometer.

1. I simply replied to your own comment complaining about "a pair of people richet than cresus can sit in Oprahs garden saying woe is me as a global pandemic sweeps the world and people are struggling both to keep a roof over their heads and even just survive." by pointing out that most people can have both sympathy for those struggling in the current pandemic, and simultaneously make a stand against racism & bullying.

Just about every human on the planet is in a position to comment on the former, and hundreds of millions have done so, Harry & Meghan would have had little to add to those apart from the usual platitudes of how terrible it is.

Their commenting on the racism & bullying that drove them out of the UK on the other hand, is uniquely interesting & why 11 million people in the UK alone, never mind more millions in r.o.w.

2. As for your "common denonimator", again you're just smearing. Imagine someone on here was unpleasant to you, so you put them on ignore. Then a second person on here comes along & is abusive to you, so you put them on ignore too. Then a third person comes along and says "oh look, BlueandTruesince82 has fallen out with two people, there seems to be a common denominator there, no smoke without fire, BlueandTwosince82 must be a bad person".

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Login to get fewer ads

Just asking. on 21:00 - Mar 9 with 443 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Just asking. on 20:20 - Mar 9 by Ryorry

1. I simply replied to your own comment complaining about "a pair of people richet than cresus can sit in Oprahs garden saying woe is me as a global pandemic sweeps the world and people are struggling both to keep a roof over their heads and even just survive." by pointing out that most people can have both sympathy for those struggling in the current pandemic, and simultaneously make a stand against racism & bullying.

Just about every human on the planet is in a position to comment on the former, and hundreds of millions have done so, Harry & Meghan would have had little to add to those apart from the usual platitudes of how terrible it is.

Their commenting on the racism & bullying that drove them out of the UK on the other hand, is uniquely interesting & why 11 million people in the UK alone, never mind more millions in r.o.w.

2. As for your "common denonimator", again you're just smearing. Imagine someone on here was unpleasant to you, so you put them on ignore. Then a second person on here comes along & is abusive to you, so you put them on ignore too. Then a third person comes along and says "oh look, BlueandTruesince82 has fallen out with two people, there seems to be a common denominator there, no smoke without fire, BlueandTwosince82 must be a bad person".

And I was just replying to your reply.

Your 2nd point is a fair one.

I guess I'm saying there are two sides to every story and this was (of course) designed to only offer one side of it

Just asking. on 21:11 - Mar 9 with 431 viewsSwansea_Blue

Just asking. on 13:32 - Mar 9 by Vic

I’m genuinely not sure why it is though. This whole colour of skin thing seems self perpetuating. The more we make of it the more of a story there is. Who really cares what colour someones skin is - we’re all the same! We need to stop seeing colour of someone skin as something special or distinctive. It really is no more important that someone ones hair colour.

To be clear - no one should be prejudiced again or treated differently because of the colour of their skin, in any situation. It is irrelevant.

"To be clear - no one should be prejudiced again or treated differently because of the colour of their skin"

But that's the allegation - that are being treated differently because of skin colour. By making the colour of the baby's skin an issue, that's EXACTLY what is happening. It's indefensible. It's racism, pure and simple. You seem to recognise the wrongness of that, whilst at the same time trying to defend the racism. It's a very mixed up position you've taken there (unless I've just got the wrong end of the stick).

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Just asking. on 21:16 - Mar 9 with 419 viewsjeera

Just asking. on 21:11 - Mar 9 by Swansea_Blue

"To be clear - no one should be prejudiced again or treated differently because of the colour of their skin"

But that's the allegation - that are being treated differently because of skin colour. By making the colour of the baby's skin an issue, that's EXACTLY what is happening. It's indefensible. It's racism, pure and simple. You seem to recognise the wrongness of that, whilst at the same time trying to defend the racism. It's a very mixed up position you've taken there (unless I've just got the wrong end of the stick).

"The more we make of it the more of a story there is."

This is quite literally suggesting that if we ignore it the problem will just go away on its own.

There is this real sense of naiveness among people who, on the face of it, aren't that way inclined themselves yet don't seem to recognise the issues.

They don't appear to see that attitude normalises the behaviour.
[Post edited 9 Mar 2021 21:51]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024