Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cook 20:26 - Mar 10 with 1205 viewscressi

Depending what league we are i expect this league Cook will need two lists of players he may need and a large list who needs to go on the same basis.
I only believe 5 or 6 in this squad will be starters next season and 3 or 4 will be fringe players
Cook on 20:32 - Mar 10 with 1147 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

We do need to sort the squad out...

...but the last manager to attempt such a massive turnover of players was Paul Hurst.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Cook on 20:36 - Mar 10 with 1130 viewsWD19

Far more of the current squad will be regulars than you think, the problem is that Cook is going to have a hell of a job working out who from the hordes available he needs to keep.

About 15-20 out and max 3-4 in I reckon.
Cook on 20:45 - Mar 10 with 1090 viewsjayessess

I think it's very unlikely we'll see that level of turnover. Keeping just 8-10 first team players would likely mean recruiting 12 to 14, minimum, whilst simultaneously trying to offload half a dozen players who would still be under contract.

Realistically are we going to look at having 3 contracted defenders - Woolfenden, Kenlock and KVY - and then decide we should recruit 5 new ones? Or offer Wilson and Chambers contracts and still have to find 3 more? That's a lot of pressure on doing good recruitment on zero budget.
[Post edited 10 Mar 2021 20:46]

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Cook on 11:33 - Mar 11 with 753 viewsBlueWorldOrder

If we don't get promoted this season and without new owners we'll have a really hard time recruiting players next season. Cook needs to get us promoted, if he cannot do it this season or next we really are doomed.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Cook on 11:48 - Mar 11 with 706 viewsMetal_Hacker

Cook on 11:33 - Mar 11 by BlueWorldOrder

If we don't get promoted this season and without new owners we'll have a really hard time recruiting players next season. Cook needs to get us promoted, if he cannot do it this season or next we really are doomed.

Considering Cook's managerial record in terms pf promotions , considering his record in terms of man management and also the way his teams play...I've no major issue if we don't make it this year as I can perhaps see us romping it next season if we're still in League 1

I'd rather go up this season obviously but I think you're seriously under selling Cook's attributes

Poll: If it were one or the other

Cook on 12:01 - Mar 11 with 663 viewsBlueNomad

Cook on 11:48 - Mar 11 by Metal_Hacker

Considering Cook's managerial record in terms pf promotions , considering his record in terms of man management and also the way his teams play...I've no major issue if we don't make it this year as I can perhaps see us romping it next season if we're still in League 1

I'd rather go up this season obviously but I think you're seriously under selling Cook's attributes

We never "romp" anything and never have
Cook on 12:06 - Mar 11 with 643 viewsBlueWorldOrder

I just worry that we're now seeing the same old tired arguments about time to rebuild and that somehow he's not under any pressure. He should be under immense pressure to get this right, we have had some popular appointments including Lambert who we were told needed time, wasn't his squad and it just keeps happening over and over. If Cook has us this position this time next season I am sorry but he will have failed. He needs to know that is not good enough.

Poll: Should we stop changing kits every season?

Cook on 12:06 - Mar 11 with 642 viewsMetal_Hacker

Cook on 12:01 - Mar 11 by BlueNomad

We never "romp" anything and never have

Watch this space ....glass half full innit

Poll: If it were one or the other

Login to get fewer ads

Cook on 12:16 - Mar 11 with 595 viewsChurchman

I actually don’t think it’ll take much to get of this league, or the Championship come to that. It looks hard at this club because of the abject managers our marvellous owner wheeled in. Think how close the only half decent manager in the last 13 years got with no support from Evans. Royle wasn’t far off either which( was remarkable given the selling or giving* away of player after player by the club.

If Cook is as good as his record and words suggest I think he will do well, if he’s allowed to. It will be interesting but I personally feel more comfortable in the new manager than any since Burley.
Cook on 12:19 - Mar 11 with 571 viewschrismakin

Cook on 20:32 - Mar 10 by Marshalls_Mullet

We do need to sort the squad out...

...but the last manager to attempt such a massive turnover of players was Paul Hurst.

Problem was Hurst was trimming the squad and buying for a league he had no experience of

Cook knows this level

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024