Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Locked down for the best part of a year 08:45 - Mar 18 with 2113 viewstextbackup

unable to do anything fun, kids home schooling, and everything else that goes with it.....

but the only 2 times ive lost my sht, and been properly miserable, is after the Gillingham and Fleetwood loses....

to the point where i'm still angry now.

it really isn't just a game, is it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Locked down for the best part of a year on 10:25 - Mar 18 with 338 viewsMrTown

Locked down for the best part of a year on 10:13 - Mar 18 by textbackup

Cook definitely gives me confidence that we are in safe hands, like MM did when he arrived.

Absolutely, MM built a good squad for that level (but it took time).

Paul Cook will do exactly the same, he's a proven top manager at this level, but he has inherited a car crash assembled over 3 years under PH & PL, a squad that reflects poor recruitment and poor management.

It will take time, but we are in very good hands.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Locked down for the best part of a year on 10:28 - Mar 18 with 331 viewsMrTown

Locked down for the best part of a year on 09:37 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

Skuse was terrible, I can't disagree on that - I just think Dozzell starting to look a bit leggy and may need a rest - and that Skuse and Bishop form a more natural partnership as a midfield 2 with Skuse sitting and Bishop going.

I'd go something like this on Saturday

------------------------Cornell-----------------------
Matheson-----Chambers---Wilson----Kenlock
---------------------Skuse------Bishop------------
----Lankester-----------Judge------------Jackson
-------------------Norwood/Parrott--------------

Or even Dobra on the left.

It may leave us a bit exposed, but gives us more attacking bodies with a central handbrake there in Skuse which should allow the full backs to bomb on

I think someone like Dozzell needs a Downes alongside him to flourish in a 4231

That side is very poor and lacks quality, but maybe as good as we have.

Jackson left side, not for me.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Bang on on 10:29 - Mar 18 with 327 viewsDyland

Locked down for the best part of a year on 09:29 - Mar 18 by patrickswell

The Gillingham and Fleetwood performances have stung people because they have confirmed every suspicion held about both this squad of players and the mindset/mentality that runs through the club.

Cook can’t change that on his own.

I kind of knew it but didn't want to believe it. It is simply indisputable now. What a mess of a squad. Combined with the tin pot set-up it's all pretty grim. Fleetwood played very well tbf, but after the Gills it's just so depressing.

Sort it out Evans and if you can't, just fook off. If we sink under some new chancers it's only speeding up the club's continued decline. Life is too short to keep supporting this utter sh1te.

We are ITFC ffs. Do one MEG.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Locked down for the best part of a year on 10:49 - Mar 18 with 309 viewsjayessess

Locked down for the best part of a year on 10:06 - Mar 18 by clive_baker

PC may well aspire to a 4-2-3-1 in time, but I don't think we've got the personnel for it. We didn't under Lambert and I don't see that that's changed overnight. We don't have proven wide men and we don't have a lone striker. We all would love to see 7 academy graduates popping the ball about on lovely pitches in triangles but now isn't the time.

For me getting to a favoured formation and way of playing is phase 2, work to that over the summer, recruit and sell appropriately and spend the time on the training ground we need. At the moment we have to play the hand we're dealt and we have next to no training time. We're firmly in phase 1 which to me is about winning games for the next 8 weeks, and I honestly do think we need to be less cute with it, hustle harder with a more pragmatic approach and be more direct.

It heavily relies on getting and keeping Norwood fit, or Hawkins in his absence and playing Jackson off him. Get grafters in the midfield, which is probably 4 from Judge, Bishop, Parrott, Downes, Edwards. Play the percentages defensively, Chambers, Ward, Wilson. I thought Ward was looking jaded before he was dropped but I don't believe he's become a bad player overnight, I would be keen to see him given a start at Pompey. Probably Cornell for Holy.

Lets play the percentages. Less over thinking, more pragmatism. Less boys, more men. More b0llocks.

You've listed 5 midfield grafters, one of whom is injured until at least the late April, the other 4 of whom contribute way less defensively than Dozzell does.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Locked down for the best part of a year on 16:50 - Mar 18 with 273 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Locked down for the best part of a year on 09:47 - Mar 18 by bobbyramsey

But that's just regurgitating the same old sh1t players in a slightly different order.

Net result? Same old, same old......

But importantly it's not expecting Jackson to hold the ball up.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024