Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Category One 11:16 - Mar 18 with 2927 viewsBudapestByBlimp

The club made a big push about gaining Category One status several years back and if memory serves me correct we missed out by 0.5% (or thereabouts). Given the club's repeated assertions that we need to produce or own players does anyone know why we didn't achieve the marginal gains required to reach Category One.

Disclaimer - I know nothing of the category ratings, what they entail, their success rates etc, but I'm just curious as to why things didn't progress.
Category One on 19:20 - Mar 18 with 734 viewsPhilTWTD

Category One on 18:57 - Mar 18 by George03

Do you suspect it will be back to a % of revenue type cap, rather than a set amount like this year?
[Post edited 18 Mar 2021 18:58]

Think it'll be something based on losses rather than a set amount which can be spent, but I don't think they know what yet themselves.
Category One on 19:23 - Mar 18 with 733 viewsPhilTWTD

Category One on 16:42 - Mar 18 by MattinLondon

On a similar subject Phil, do you know how the youngsters are doing who went to arsenal and Man City?

Joe will know better than me, but Flores has been doing well at Arsenal. Not sure on Knight this season.
Category One on 19:42 - Mar 18 with 719 viewsitfcjoe

Category One on 19:23 - Mar 18 by PhilTWTD

Joe will know better than me, but Flores has been doing well at Arsenal. Not sure on Knight this season.

Knight doing ok, but nowhere near what you'd expect - Flores is flying at Arsenal and will be the better player

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Category One on 19:48 - Mar 18 with 705 viewsMattinLondon

Category One on 19:42 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

Knight doing ok, but nowhere near what you'd expect - Flores is flying at Arsenal and will be the better player

Thanks Joe
What with the big PL clubs poaching and hoovering up talented youngsters sometimes it must feel to Marcus Evans what’s the point in even having an academy.

I’m not advocating getting rid of it but must be like a kick in the teeth when a talented young player moves on.
Category One on 20:00 - Mar 18 with 692 viewsitfcjoe

Category One on 19:48 - Mar 18 by MattinLondon

Thanks Joe
What with the big PL clubs poaching and hoovering up talented youngsters sometimes it must feel to Marcus Evans what’s the point in even having an academy.

I’m not advocating getting rid of it but must be like a kick in the teeth when a talented young player moves on.

There's a level of player that is simply too good for an academy like ours - relaistically Andre Dozzell was one of them but we kept him for one reason or another.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Category One on 21:24 - Mar 18 with 652 viewsCoastalblue

Category One on 20:00 - Mar 18 by itfcjoe

There's a level of player that is simply too good for an academy like ours - relaistically Andre Dozzell was one of them but we kept him for one reason or another.

Does make you wonder what his career would be now had he chosen to swap to a Prem club.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Category One on 22:37 - Mar 18 with 623 viewsBlueyandCrazy

Category One on 21:24 - Mar 18 by Coastalblue

Does make you wonder what his career would be now had he chosen to swap to a Prem club.

On the other hand he is now getting first team action, and whilst those poached are younger, still remains to be seen as to whether they will break through.......

Poll: Worst ever ITFC manager

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024