Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you're bored... 15:08 - Mar 18 with 2820 viewsPhilTWTD

...me talking about My Ipswich Town FC with Ross Halls from Kings of Anglia.

If you're bored... on 15:14 - Mar 18 with 2500 viewsScottCandage

I'm 30 minutes in, good stuff. :)
If you're bored... on 15:22 - Mar 18 with 2471 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm never listening to you again. You broke my heart.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you're bored... on 15:23 - Mar 18 with 2458 viewsRyorry

"Bit taxing" running the forum Phil? 😂 Now there's an idea to boost the ol' revenue stream - those breaking any ts & cs get, instead of flashing red PMs and "ahems", yellow card -> £10 tax to keep using the site -> £20 -> £50 ...

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

If you're bored... on 15:34 - Mar 18 with 2420 viewsPhilTWTD

If you're bored... on 15:23 - Mar 18 by Ryorry

"Bit taxing" running the forum Phil? 😂 Now there's an idea to boost the ol' revenue stream - those breaking any ts & cs get, instead of flashing red PMs and "ahems", yellow card -> £10 tax to keep using the site -> £20 -> £50 ...

I could retire some weeks!
If you're bored... on 15:43 - Mar 18 with 2367 viewshype313

You used to be indecisive, but now you're not so sure.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

If you're bored... on 15:44 - Mar 18 with 2366 viewsCoastalblue

If you're bored... on 15:34 - Mar 18 by PhilTWTD

I could retire some weeks!

Have you ever considered a couple of Moderators? I completely understand why haven't, would probably change the atmosphere slightly and it's really hard to allow for nuances but could give you a little bit of time to breathe.

This must be a 24/7 365 thing for you and Gav, never truly get any time away, that must be really tough on an ogoing basis.

I guess it's lucky those flowing victories probably make it all seem worthwhile as you wintness them.

Looking forward to having a listen later.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

If you're bored... on 15:50 - Mar 18 with 2349 viewsFtnfwest

Good grief. My father supported Tottenham (as his father did before that), i originally got into ITFC more from Match of the Week and Gerry Harrison to begin with (as lived in Cambridge and........had a Tottenham supporting father). First game was a bit earlier (Leeds 1975) but i am bald and look like Harry Hill according to the kids!
If you're bored... on 16:07 - Mar 18 with 2265 viewsPhilTWTD

If you're bored... on 15:50 - Mar 18 by Ftnfwest

Good grief. My father supported Tottenham (as his father did before that), i originally got into ITFC more from Match of the Week and Gerry Harrison to begin with (as lived in Cambridge and........had a Tottenham supporting father). First game was a bit earlier (Leeds 1975) but i am bald and look like Harry Hill according to the kids!

Ha! My grandfather, who I don't remember, was a Brentford fan I only discovered about five years ago, so no long line of Spurs fans.

According to my uncle's partner I look more like Les from Vic Reeves Big Night Out.
Login to get fewer ads

If you're bored... on 16:08 - Mar 18 with 2262 viewsPhilTWTD

If you're bored... on 15:44 - Mar 18 by Coastalblue

Have you ever considered a couple of Moderators? I completely understand why haven't, would probably change the atmosphere slightly and it's really hard to allow for nuances but could give you a little bit of time to breathe.

This must be a 24/7 365 thing for you and Gav, never truly get any time away, that must be really tough on an ogoing basis.

I guess it's lucky those flowing victories probably make it all seem worthwhile as you wintness them.

Looking forward to having a listen later.

We've thought about it over the years but it's never happened for whatever reason. It's not been too bad to manage lately, to be honest, although there have been some periods where it's been a bit of pain.
If you're bored... on 16:09 - Mar 18 with 2252 viewsPhilTWTD

If you're bored... on 15:22 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

I'm never listening to you again. You broke my heart.

Oh no, what did I say?!
If you're bored... on 16:09 - Mar 18 with 2245 viewsPhilTWTD

If you're bored... on 15:14 - Mar 18 by ScottCandage

I'm 30 minutes in, good stuff. :)

Cheers!
If you're bored... on 16:10 - Mar 18 with 2243 viewsPhilTWTD

If you're bored... on 15:43 - Mar 18 by hype313

Indeed, but it is hard to pick just one player, isn't it? Much easier to go with 43.
If you're bored... on 16:12 - Mar 18 with 2235 viewsSwansea_Blue

Sorry, but are we supposed to feel sorry for you going to matches just because there isn't an atmosphere? You should try watching from home and having to listen to Mick Mills!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

If you're bored... on 16:13 - Mar 18 with 2232 viewsFtnfwest

If you're bored... on 16:07 - Mar 18 by PhilTWTD

Ha! My grandfather, who I don't remember, was a Brentford fan I only discovered about five years ago, so no long line of Spurs fans.

According to my uncle's partner I look more like Les from Vic Reeves Big Night Out.

Another big reason for supporting town (and watching MOTW it had to be town or norwich) was that i hated the way Kevin Keelan used to pose after goal kicks. Used the same reverse psychology on Ftnf junior who was never that in to footy. So rather than big up town too much i used to hate on norwich and when the time came that his peers got him into following footy at 13 or so, he naturally came back to the fold!
If you're bored... on 16:14 - Mar 18 with 2221 viewshype313

If you're bored... on 16:10 - Mar 18 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, but it is hard to pick just one player, isn't it? Much easier to go with 43.

Covers all bases doesn't it, no one gets hurt.

For me it has to be Kevin Wilson, I was young and in awe and I don't think you ever get that same feeling as an adult.

Magics second in that Bolton game, as you say, it's about the context and the emotion at that time.

I have a weird liking for our tangerine Fisons away shirt from 91/92, most others find it hideous!

If you're bored... on 16:14 - Mar 18 with 2217 viewsPhilTWTD

If you're bored... on 16:13 - Mar 18 by Ftnfwest

Another big reason for supporting town (and watching MOTW it had to be town or norwich) was that i hated the way Kevin Keelan used to pose after goal kicks. Used the same reverse psychology on Ftnf junior who was never that in to footy. So rather than big up town too much i used to hate on norwich and when the time came that his peers got him into following footy at 13 or so, he naturally came back to the fold!

I like the tactical approach.
If you're bored... on 16:15 - Mar 18 with 2210 viewsPhilTWTD

If you're bored... on 16:14 - Mar 18 by hype313

Covers all bases doesn't it, no one gets hurt.

For me it has to be Kevin Wilson, I was young and in awe and I don't think you ever get that same feeling as an adult.

Magics second in that Bolton game, as you say, it's about the context and the emotion at that time.

I have a weird liking for our tangerine Fisons away shirt from 91/92, most others find it hideous!

Indeed, Kevin Wilson is a good shout for that post-Robson era.

Just noticed I got my age wrong for the my first match.
If you're bored... on 16:17 - Mar 18 with 2200 viewshype313

If you're bored... on 16:15 - Mar 18 by PhilTWTD

Indeed, Kevin Wilson is a good shout for that post-Robson era.

Just noticed I got my age wrong for the my first match.

Things like that happen when you hit your age.

If you're bored... on 16:32 - Mar 18 with 2151 viewsjeera

If you're bored... on 15:43 - Mar 18 by hype313

Ah, in the days he was considering becoming a linguist.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

If you're bored... on 16:41 - Mar 18 with 2131 viewsPhilTWTD

If you're bored... on 16:32 - Mar 18 by jeera

Ah, in the days he was considering becoming a linguist.

That is a great joke.
If you're bored... on 16:49 - Mar 18 with 2101 viewsxrayspecs

If you're bored... on 15:50 - Mar 18 by Ftnfwest

November 1975?

Was my first game too, my Dad, a then Spurs fan took me to the game.

That would be a weird coincidence.
If you're bored... on 17:09 - Mar 18 with 2055 viewsJ2BLUE

If you're bored... on 16:09 - Mar 18 by PhilTWTD

Oh no, what did I say?!

That the takeover stalled.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If you're bored... on 17:23 - Mar 18 with 2021 viewsPhilTWTD

If you're bored... on 17:09 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

That the takeover stalled.

Ah, that. Sorry.
If you're bored... on 18:09 - Mar 18 with 1906 viewsFtnfwest

If you're bored... on 16:49 - Mar 18 by xrayspecs

November 1975?

Was my first game too, my Dad, a then Spurs fan took me to the game.

That would be a weird coincidence.

Sadly not, it was in March, the FA Cup quarter final
If you're bored... on 18:33 - Mar 18 with 1856 viewsfranz_tyson

That ban by Lambo put Mr Ham and the site on the national map. Phil should thank PL for that massive OG.

Milk it and enjoy. Early leader for Suffolk Man of the Year, but I’m pinning my hopes on Paul Cook for that award.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024