Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which goalkeeper/players would you like here next season? 10:46 - Mar 23 with 1482 viewsitfcpaul

Certainly looks like Holy and Cornell are below the standard we need, I am not up to date with which are the quality goalkeepers out there we could realistically attract so can anyone suggest some options?

Which other players do you think would be good here next season?

Suggestions for Goalkeeper
LB
RB
CH#
MF
LW
RW
CF
[Post edited 23 Mar 2021 10:51]

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Which goalkeeper/players would you like here next season? on 10:56 - Mar 23 with 1415 viewsKieran_Knows

Chris Walton on loan from Brighton. Cook had him for 2 years on loan at Wigan as his number 1.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Which goalkeeper/players would you like here next season? on 10:56 - Mar 23 with 1414 viewstractorboy1978

Cook had Walton from Brighton for 2 seasons at Wigan. Lee Evans and Gavin Massey were another two regulars in his sides and both are out of contract this summer. I'd imagine Grigg will leave Sunderland too.
Which goalkeeper/players would you like here next season? on 10:58 - Mar 23 with 1400 viewsitfcpaul

Which goalkeeper/players would you like here next season? on 10:56 - Mar 23 by tractorboy1978

Cook had Walton from Brighton for 2 seasons at Wigan. Lee Evans and Gavin Massey were another two regulars in his sides and both are out of contract this summer. I'd imagine Grigg will leave Sunderland too.

I will check them out, not sure I know much about them although I do the know the name Christian Walton, so probably from his Wigan days, did he get sent off against us for them?

Will Grigg has struggled since his move from Wigan hasn't he?

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

Which goalkeeper/players would you like here next season? on 11:07 - Mar 23 with 1358 viewstractorboy1978

Which goalkeeper/players would you like here next season? on 10:58 - Mar 23 by itfcpaul

I will check them out, not sure I know much about them although I do the know the name Christian Walton, so probably from his Wigan days, did he get sent off against us for them?

Will Grigg has struggled since his move from Wigan hasn't he?

Grigg has had a bit of a strange career really. Had 4 really prolific seasons in L1 scoring over 20 goals but never managed to step up to the Championship and couldn't even get going in L1 for Sunderland after they paid £3-£4m for him. Now on loan at MK and doing fairly well again.

Only 29 still and you'd like to think Cook could get him going again.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2021 11:08]
Which goalkeeper/players would you like here next season? on 11:51 - Mar 23 with 1277 viewsGarv

I don't there's much wrong with Holy. Not perfect but he's a league one keeper, so he won't be. I definitely wouldn't be having GK as a priority.

No idea with Cornell because he's barely been used.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Which goalkeeper/players would you like here next season? on 12:16 - Mar 23 with 1214 viewsclive_baker

A pet hate of mine is having 2 keepers competing for the spot. I think it's the one position on the pitch where that competition isn't all that healthy, I would much rather we had a defined #1 who we can blow a bit of smoke up and give the defence the confidence that they're in there to stay. The number 2 needs to be a capable deputy, play in the cups etc but someone in the autumn of their career would be fine, who can help coach the #1. Not someone who wants to play week in week out.

Holy isn't vocal enough, I want to see my keeper barking at his back 4 and dominating his box, certainly 6 yard box. We've conceded 2 in the last 2 from free headers in the 6 yard box. Holy is so quiet and seems submissive. The same can be said for a lot of our players to be fair, so quiet and meek.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Which goalkeeper/players would you like here next season? on 12:42 - Mar 23 with 1166 viewsBeckets

Which goalkeeper/players would you like here next season? on 12:16 - Mar 23 by clive_baker

A pet hate of mine is having 2 keepers competing for the spot. I think it's the one position on the pitch where that competition isn't all that healthy, I would much rather we had a defined #1 who we can blow a bit of smoke up and give the defence the confidence that they're in there to stay. The number 2 needs to be a capable deputy, play in the cups etc but someone in the autumn of their career would be fine, who can help coach the #1. Not someone who wants to play week in week out.

Holy isn't vocal enough, I want to see my keeper barking at his back 4 and dominating his box, certainly 6 yard box. We've conceded 2 in the last 2 from free headers in the 6 yard box. Holy is so quiet and seems submissive. The same can be said for a lot of our players to be fair, so quiet and meek.

I couldn’t agree more. Going back I think this started with the Bart/Gerken farce under Mick. Have a clearly defined first choice, a steady experienced second choice and a young keeper to develop as third choice. That’s your three keepers in a traditional squad of 23 sorted.
Which goalkeeper/players would you like here next season? on 14:06 - Mar 23 with 1067 viewsSmith45

Which goalkeeper/players would you like here next season? on 11:51 - Mar 23 by Garv

I don't there's much wrong with Holy. Not perfect but he's a league one keeper, so he won't be. I definitely wouldn't be having GK as a priority.

I disagree with this, i think people don't think he's that bad as he doesn't make that many glaring errors. He is however extremely flat footed and despite his massive stature rarely claims crosses to take the pressure off the back four. I've never seen a keeper of ours be absolutely rooted to the spot for so many of our goals.
Login to get fewer ads

Which goalkeeper/players would you like here next season? on 19:00 - Mar 23 with 938 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Which goalkeeper/players would you like here next season? on 19:02 - Mar 23 with 924 viewsMrTown

Which goalkeeper/players would you like here next season? on 10:56 - Mar 23 by Kieran_Knows

Chris Walton on loan from Brighton. Cook had him for 2 years on loan at Wigan as his number 1.

He’s out of contract. Certain he’ll go to a Championship club on a free.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Which goalkeeper/players would you like here next season? on 19:05 - Mar 23 with 915 viewsBryanPlug

Which goalkeeper/players would you like here next season? on 11:51 - Mar 23 by Garv

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024