Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought to myself this morning 11:03 - Mar 26 with 2131 viewsCheltenham_Blue

and I wonder if any of us has ever thought it.

Evans isn't the greatest footballing brain for sure, but to literally stand by whilst Hurst dismantled a championship squad without once going, "Are you sure about this", or to ask one of his advisers if they were.

I'm actually wondering if when Hurst came in, he was told he had to get money in the door by Evans.

He said something about McGoldrick, that always seemed odd. "he wasn’t on any sheet or budget I was given", its that use of the word, "budget" in the sentence, instead of just saying, "team sheet" that seems weird.

Maybe I've read too much into it. But even with paying over the odds for Jackson, we still ended up with a £5.4m profit on player sales in 18/19 as stated in the accounts.

Imagine what that money might have done for us? Brentford signed Benrahama and Konza for a combined £4.1m that year.

Its all very odd when the single constant these last 10 years has been Evans.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Thought to myself this morning on 13:27 - Mar 26 with 316 viewsGarv

Thought to myself this morning on 13:22 - Mar 26 by chrismakin

How much did we get in

We spent out £2 mill on Nolan and toto
Jackson... 1.5mill ?

Out:
Webster £3.5-£4m?
Garner £1.25m

In, apart from the ones mentioned:
Harrison £1m?
Donacien £750k?
Edwards £750-£1m?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Thought to myself this morning on 13:29 - Mar 26 with 312 viewschrismakin

Thought to myself this morning on 13:27 - Mar 26 by Garv

Out:
Webster £3.5-£4m?
Garner £1.25m

In, apart from the ones mentioned:
Harrison £1m?
Donacien £750k?
Edwards £750-£1m?

Ah yeah forgot Webster. Must look into him no idea how hes been getting on.

Nearly break even based on those. ( overall) Certainly not in ability though was it lol

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Thought to myself this morning on 13:30 - Mar 26 with 306 viewsJ2BLUE

Thought to myself this morning on 13:26 - Mar 26 by chrismakin

Didnt Keane though pull out of signing a striker because his girlfriend had a dog in a handbag.

Yep. A striker Leeds later sold to Fulham for £11m!

#banterera

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Thought to myself this morning on 16:43 - Mar 26 with 268 viewsgazzer1999

Thought to myself this morning on 11:53 - Mar 26 by BlueWorldOrder

McGoldrick claimed he was told Hurst released him. He was released before Hurst had arrived along with Hyam and Bru. Either Hurst was managing some aspects of the club before appointment which is very naughty as he was Shrewsbury boss or Didz was lied to by the club. Hurst though was a well supported appointment much like Cook was. He had success in the lower leagues and was, along with Jack Ross, the choice manager for Town. Evans appointed him but he was the manager we all wanted. We were just wrong. Mick should have been given a new deal and we may have lost a few thousand season tickets but we'd still be in a real league rather than dying in this one.

"Evans appointed him but he was the manager we all wanted. We were just wrong."
I didn't and I wasn't.
The same lot though will be moaning about Cook in a few months time.
Thought to myself this morning on 16:49 - Mar 26 with 262 viewsKieran_Knows

Also, Dave Bowman our DoF, had lined up permanent deals for both Callum Connolly and Cameron Carter-Vickers (who had been on loan). From what I'm aware, the deals were all agreed, with both Everton, Tottenham and the players, and all Hurst had to do was say 'yes' and they were ours ... he then turned them down to bring in his 'own' players.

Also believe we had a deal lined up for Dan James from Swansea (now of Man U) that same summer, only for Hurst to not go for it because he had him on loan at Shrewsbury and barely played him.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

We need a CEO that..... on 16:58 - Mar 26 with 254 viewsLeaky

We need a CEO that..... on 11:21 - Mar 26 by footers

Woah, woah, woah there. Can't we just give the tea lady a promotion?

Do businesses still have tea ladies, or tea people to be more politically correct?

I think its called a tea/coffee station now. Well according some office plans I'm working on it is.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024