Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over 16:28 - Apr 2 with 3119 viewsDubtractor

I think it is fair to say that he hasn't come close to showing that he deserves to be a regular starter.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 18:22 - Apr 2 with 974 viewstractorboy1978

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 18:19 - Apr 2 by Bluefish

It isn't just that though is it? For a player that needs service he isn't anticipating or making the runs, his reading of the game and movement is very poor. He has to do more to get himself in the game. Him and Edwards are passengers

He has no idea how to utilise his pace at all. He seems to play like he wants the ball to feet which is bonkers considering he has virtually no attributes other than being quick.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 18:23]
Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 18:22 - Apr 2 with 974 viewsjayessess

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 17:58 - Apr 2 by ArnieM

Ok. So who would YOU bring into our midfield for the next game , that will give us a presence in midfield?

If I could magic midfielders back to fitness, I'd play Dozzell, Downes and Bishop as a three.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 18:24 - Apr 2 with 964 viewsPrideOfTheEast

He’s garbage isn’t he. Has so little technical ability.
Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 18:29 - Apr 2 with 946 viewsBluefish

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 18:22 - Apr 2 by tractorboy1978

He has no idea how to utilise his pace at all. He seems to play like he wants the ball to feet which is bonkers considering he has virtually no attributes other than being quick.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 18:23]

Not sure it is that he wants it to feet because he had no hold up ability. I just think he struggles to read the game and move off the ball.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 18:34 - Apr 2 with 934 viewsStewart27

He
Is
Absolutely
Dog
Sh!t
Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 18:56 - Apr 2 with 906 viewsArnoldMoorhen

The thing I don't get about Jackson is that he is supposed to be significantly quicker than most footballers. But I never see it. That lad Byrne we played against looked quicker than everyone on the pitch. Noticeably speedy. I have never seen Jackson give that impression.

There is one player who does seem to have a turn of pace. Really surprising, but I've seen him burst away from opposition players and leave them standing...

I might get pelters for this...

It's Drinan.
Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 19:17 - Apr 2 with 876 viewsArnieM

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 17:58 - Apr 2 by ArnieM

Ok. So who would YOU bring into our midfield for the next game , that will give us a presence in midfield?

Jayseess: Still no response I see !
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 19:19]

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 19:21 - Apr 2 with 867 viewsjayessess

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 19:17 - Apr 2 by ArnieM

Jayseess: Still no response I see !
[Post edited 2 Apr 2021 19:19]

Look up!

Login to get fewer ads

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 20:03 - Apr 2 with 834 viewsArnieM

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 18:22 - Apr 2 by jayessess

If I could magic midfielders back to fitness, I'd play Dozzell, Downes and Bishop as a three.

They have worked well together before , but Downes ( I doubt) will even be with us next season . I think there was a hint that he might return soon this season though . So it will be interesting to see if PC does play this combination. Tbh , we don’t have anyone else available with the required experience do we .

Thanks for replying btw 👍

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 22:53 - Apr 2 with 780 viewsWallingford_Boy

That won’t go down well on here, he is amazing when part of two up front apparently.

Maybe.... people can see it now.

He’s not very good at football.

RIP Sir Bobby

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 23:07 - Apr 2 with 767 viewsGodzilla

Remember lip reading an experienced Middleborough defender who got fouled/shinned by Jackson early in his starting appearances (on Sky TV) calling him an amateur, and to tbh that is what he is, shame as he seems to believe he is more than that, but he's really not.
Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 23:49 - Apr 2 with 752 viewsjayessess

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 20:03 - Apr 2 by ArnieM

They have worked well together before , but Downes ( I doubt) will even be with us next season . I think there was a hint that he might return soon this season though . So it will be interesting to see if PC does play this combination. Tbh , we don’t have anyone else available with the required experience do we .

Thanks for replying btw 👍

No worries!

It'll be Bishop and Dozzell until Downes comes back, then Downes and Dozzell for sure. Whether Bishop fits in that situation, I'm not sure! For all he gets grief on here, Cook clearly rates Dozzell and it's a virtual certainty he'll still be one of the first names on the team sheet come August.

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 09:05 - Apr 3 with 650 viewsHerbivore

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 23:49 - Apr 2 by jayessess

No worries!

It'll be Bishop and Dozzell until Downes comes back, then Downes and Dozzell for sure. Whether Bishop fits in that situation, I'm not sure! For all he gets grief on here, Cook clearly rates Dozzell and it's a virtual certainty he'll still be one of the first names on the team sheet come August.

I'd stick Bishop in as a 10. He looked good there against (I think) Plymouth and his ability to find pockets of space and go past players is light years ahead of the other options we've tried in that role. Judge is about as dynamic as a house brick and Parrott looks every inch a centre forward being asked to play out of position when played there.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 09:17 - Apr 3 with 649 viewsWallingford_Boy

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 18:24 - Apr 2 by PrideOfTheEast

He’s garbage isn’t he. Has so little technical ability.

Only just reading this posts replies.

At last.. you all have it!

RIP Sir Bobby

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 09:29 - Apr 3 with 643 viewsBluefish

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 09:05 - Apr 3 by Herbivore

I'd stick Bishop in as a 10. He looked good there against (I think) Plymouth and his ability to find pockets of space and go past players is light years ahead of the other options we've tried in that role. Judge is about as dynamic as a house brick and Parrott looks every inch a centre forward being asked to play out of position when played there.

For me Bishop is CM. Playing him as a 10 brings the team back by about 10 yards because he is so much more a midfielder than a forward. He also has such a special ability at making space in tight areas that he gives so much as a CM

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 09:30 - Apr 3 with 640 viewsHerbivore

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 09:29 - Apr 3 by Bluefish

For me Bishop is CM. Playing him as a 10 brings the team back by about 10 yards because he is so much more a midfielder than a forward. He also has such a special ability at making space in tight areas that he gives so much as a CM

He's currently our best option as a 10, and I don't think he plays ahead of Downes and Dozzell in the deeper roles.

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 09:48 - Apr 3 with 624 viewsBluefish

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 09:30 - Apr 3 by Herbivore

He's currently our best option as a 10, and I don't think he plays ahead of Downes and Dozzell in the deeper roles.

We should be playing all 3 but either in a 433 with wide forwards capable of joining the central attack or in a 532. As much as I find the dozzell abuse bizarre I would probably say downes and Bishop in a 2 but all 3 are good options. The 10 should be a Parrott type player for us considering how deep we play. Parrott is the best example in our squad but I want a McGoldrick type forward. Some capable of dropping deep and comfortable on the ball but can hold up play too. It involves a back to goal player with a great touch whereas Bishop and judge are front to goal players

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 10:12 - Apr 3 with 601 viewsHerbivore

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 09:48 - Apr 3 by Bluefish

We should be playing all 3 but either in a 433 with wide forwards capable of joining the central attack or in a 532. As much as I find the dozzell abuse bizarre I would probably say downes and Bishop in a 2 but all 3 are good options. The 10 should be a Parrott type player for us considering how deep we play. Parrott is the best example in our squad but I want a McGoldrick type forward. Some capable of dropping deep and comfortable on the ball but can hold up play too. It involves a back to goal player with a great touch whereas Bishop and judge are front to goal players

Parrott isn't a number 10, and if we're playing your preferred formation there's no room for a 10 anyway.

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 10:14 - Apr 3 with 593 viewsBluefish

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 10:12 - Apr 3 by Herbivore

Parrott isn't a number 10, and if we're playing your preferred formation there's no room for a 10 anyway.

You brought up playing a 10 dude

Think this comes down to the view of a 10. For me it is a deep forward, for others it is an advanced midfielder

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 10:23 - Apr 3 with 584 viewsHerbivore

Jackson has had a few opportunities since Cook took over on 10:14 - Apr 3 by Bluefish

You brought up playing a 10 dude

Think this comes down to the view of a 10. For me it is a deep forward, for others it is an advanced midfielder

In Cook's preferred system we would play with a 10 in a 4-2-3-1. I think the player we have most suited to that role at the moment is Bishop. We don't have a forward like Didz anymore who can play that role, I don't see Parrott as that at all. He looks like a striker who is being asked to play deeper and he lacks Didz's creativity. In the absence of such a player then you're looking at attacking midfielders, and although Bishop is effective deeper when Downes is back I'd sit him next to Dozzell and that means moving Bishop a bit higher up. I don't see anyone in our squad being more effective in that role than Bishop if Cook does decide to revert to his favoured formation. We could go 4-3-3, but in essence Bish would still be playing in largely the same areas he would in a 4-2-3-1 anyway so it's a bit academic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024