Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Another Culverhouse Situation 19:37 - Apr 13 with 1603 viewsBseaBlue

Anyone else worried this is another Culverhouse situation? It would be just our luck that Richardson keeps Wigan up and signs another deal to stay with them.
Another Culverhouse Situation on 19:41 - Apr 13 with 1526 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not especially. And even if it is, there's a good chance he'll get his No 2 in the summer.

The Americans are going to get very confused by Swansea_Blue 13 Apr 2021 19:37
Timing could have backfired for him. Come in at the end of the season and have the whole summer to shape and work with the squad and it could have been a very different start. Or come in in early Jan and it's a similar story.

Fans need to keep their nerve on this one. He needs a chance. He's proven he's not a bad manager, so let's all have some faith in that and wait. This team is poison. We need a full clear out, a whole summer window with the new management team and then let's see where we go.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Another Culverhouse Situation on 19:42 - Apr 13 with 1522 viewsN2_Blue

no

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Another Culverhouse Situation on 19:49 - Apr 13 with 1446 viewsBassett_Blue

I'm hoping it is more a case of the players have just completely downed tools, and are simply not trying. So whatever Cook has done, or will do, won't make any difference this season.
Another Culverhouse Situation on 19:51 - Apr 13 with 1393 viewsSwansea_Blue

Another Culverhouse Situation on 19:49 - Apr 13 by Bassett_Blue

I'm hoping it is more a case of the players have just completely downed tools, and are simply not trying. So whatever Cook has done, or will do, won't make any difference this season.

More likely not good enough, as they run around too much to have downed tools. End result is the same though.

There were couple of threads on here a few weeks ago about how many players you would keep. I'm a big fan of stability and retaining players to pass on the club ethos, etc., but there are genuinely only about 4 players I would want out of this squad of 3 zillion.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Another Culverhouse Situation on 19:58 - Apr 13 with 1308 viewsBassett_Blue

Another Culverhouse Situation on 19:51 - Apr 13 by Swansea_Blue

More likely not good enough, as they run around too much to have downed tools. End result is the same though.

There were couple of threads on here a few weeks ago about how many players you would keep. I'm a big fan of stability and retaining players to pass on the club ethos, etc., but there are genuinely only about 4 players I would want out of this squad of 3 zillion.

Either way the players are playing themselves out of being here next season. Fortunately a lot of the useless shytes are out of contract, so we won't have to suffer watching them run around a lot next season.
Another Culverhouse Situation on 19:59 - Apr 13 with 1292 viewsTrequartista

I think we may be overestimating the impact of an Assistant Manager here.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

Another Culverhouse Situation on 07:26 - Apr 21 with 1042 viewsBseaBlue

So Wigan win again last night and we get stuffed by relegation fodder. It's probably paranoia but it does seem like it's happening again doesn't it?

If we don't get Richardson in the summer let's hope that McGreal can be the assistant that Cook needs.
Another Culverhouse Situation on 07:28 - Apr 21 with 1026 viewsSteve_M

Another Culverhouse Situation on 19:59 - Apr 13 by Trequartista

I think we may be overestimating the impact of an Assistant Manager here.

Well, quite. It helps having the right one in place but if a manager can't cope without one particular assistant then he's not very good at his job.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Another Culverhouse Situation on 07:30 - Apr 21 with 1005 viewsBseaBlue

Another Culverhouse Situation on 07:28 - Apr 21 by Steve_M

Well, quite. It helps having the right one in place but if a manager can't cope without one particular assistant then he's not very good at his job.

What else can you take from this situation? He has a fantastic record everywhere else. Surely this isn't going to be the case of another manager joining the career graveyard after coming here?
Another Culverhouse Situation on 07:39 - Apr 21 with 963 viewsclive_baker

I’ve seen a lot of this suggestion but there’s no substance to it whatsoever.

Cook has inherited a petulant, expectant squad of players that lacks any sort of backbone, shows little interest now in competing and has completely ran its race at Portman Road. They’re all just going through the motions and will be leaving in the summer, it’s nigh on impossible to get a tune out of them. My question would be why he’s continued to select them? He’s openly said he doesn’t like them, doesn’t rate them and we’re far from a good side. It’s patently obvious that most wont be here next season, so what business have McGuinness, Sears, Harrop, Bennetts et al got still starting games for us when a) there’s no succession proofing there and b) they’re not getting results.

It makes no sense to me, play the younger lads who might at least be here beyond June. Play the lads with something to prove to him like Nydam, Dobra, Baggott, Lankester, Simpson. If you don’t like the majority of this senior squad fair enough, neither do I, but stop playing them.

I don’t have an issue with him blanking our players publicly, but I don’t know what he expects it to achieve. He’s said he doesn’t like them, doesn’t rate them, but you’re the one who keeps selecting them!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 7:41]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Another Culverhouse Situation on 07:45 - Apr 21 with 915 viewsBseaBlue

Another Culverhouse Situation on 07:39 - Apr 21 by clive_baker

I’ve seen a lot of this suggestion but there’s no substance to it whatsoever.

Cook has inherited a petulant, expectant squad of players that lacks any sort of backbone, shows little interest now in competing and has completely ran its race at Portman Road. They’re all just going through the motions and will be leaving in the summer, it’s nigh on impossible to get a tune out of them. My question would be why he’s continued to select them? He’s openly said he doesn’t like them, doesn’t rate them and we’re far from a good side. It’s patently obvious that most wont be here next season, so what business have McGuinness, Sears, Harrop, Bennetts et al got still starting games for us when a) there’s no succession proofing there and b) they’re not getting results.

It makes no sense to me, play the younger lads who might at least be here beyond June. Play the lads with something to prove to him like Nydam, Dobra, Baggott, Lankester, Simpson. If you don’t like the majority of this senior squad fair enough, neither do I, but stop playing them.

I don’t have an issue with him blanking our players publicly, but I don’t know what he expects it to achieve. He’s said he doesn’t like them, doesn’t rate them, but you’re the one who keeps selecting them!
[Post edited 21 Apr 2021 7:41]

Sometimes people just bounce off each other and share the responsibilities of management which is my concern.

I completely agree with you regarding the selection. The players have consistently failed and yet are still being given a platform. I can only think that whilst we had a shot at making the play offs still (although unrealistic) Cook didn't want to be seen as throwing in the towel. I wouldn't be disappointed if it was only Downes and Dobra that remain in the summer!

Alternatively, perhaps he thinks the youngsters just aren't good enough from what he has seen in training.
Another Culverhouse Situation on 07:52 - Apr 21 with 879 viewsfergalsharkey

Another Culverhouse Situation on 19:49 - Apr 13 by Bassett_Blue

Bang on m8

Poll: Cook out?

Another Culverhouse Situation on 08:03 - Apr 21 with 842 viewsitfcpaul

NO

its a crap player not trying and can't even make a simple pass to another team mate situation, plus a goalkeeper that can't come off his line for two corners which had the ball landing in his six yard box, yet he can come out to the half way line and attempt to play football, yet can't then clear his lines in his own area for the third goal type of situation!!!!

Do you actually watch the games??????????????/

Poll: Who would you want as Ipswich manager in November. there aren't many candidates

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024