Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Evans words after relegation a few years back. 23:16 - Apr 14 with 812 viewsdavblue

Owner Evans Apologises to Fans 14th Apr 2019 13:33
Town owner Marcus Evans has apologised to Town fans in the wake of the Blues' relegation to League One and has outlined the plans for the future in a personal letter that will go out with season ticket renewals later this week, which has been published in part on the club website today. 134

It was so good to see so many of his key points being ignored.

1 or 2 loan players
Young players being the core of the team
Exciting style of play

Along with the 5 point plan it was words with no convictions.
Evans words after relegation a few years back. on 07:09 - Apr 15 with 606 viewsBlueBadger

Come on now, sailing the good ship HMS Pisstheleague was one of our happiest times as supporters.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Evans words after relegation a few years back. on 07:34 - Apr 15 with 574 viewsCheltenham_Blue

That statement angered me more than anything. It was literally.

"I'm not going to invest to get the team back up, even though we went down without a fight. We'll be using the kids and only the kids. I hope they're good enough."

They weren't.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Evans words after relegation a few years back. on 07:50 - Apr 15 with 554 viewshaynes_toe1

He was praised a lot on here for that statement, despite the fact he's never kept to his word on this sort of thing. Hopefully are fans are vaguely more inclined now not to take everything these owners / manager says as gospel.
Evans words after relegation a few years back. on 07:52 - Apr 15 with 556 viewsVic

As others have pointed out to me when I said the same sort of th8ng - for a large part of the time we did actually stick to that. What changed was COVID and Lambert only brought in the flood of loaners when the dynamics of finances radically changed and after it became evident that The young players were not progressing as hoped.

Much of that in my view is down to Lamberts inability to coach them and he is largely responsible for the utter shambles we are now in.

Overall I think the plan was reasonable enough at the time, but Lambert proved entirely the wrong manager to carry it out.

Just my thoughts!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Evans words after relegation a few years back. on 08:36 - Apr 15 with 478 viewsRegencyBlue

It was spin designed to keep season ticket sales up, nothing more. He’s gone now, well 95% gone anyway, so at least there is some hope going forward.

Fourteen wasted years under Evans will take some putting right but I’ve heard more coherent planning and ambition in the last few days than I ever did in those years.
Evans words after relegation a few years back. on 08:57 - Apr 15 with 435 viewsghostofescobar

An incompetent fool of a football club owner, that we were unlucky enough to have associated with us for over a decade. A man that ruined us, let it all fall apart and did nothing to arrest the slow, painful decline. I think that statement truly shows he had no idea. No plan. No philosophy. No experience. No guts. No scruples. No shame. I hope history isn’t ever rewritten about that man: he has been a stain on this club and I would not welcome him back into PR.

GhostOfEscobar

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024