Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy St. George’s Day 07:08 - Apr 23 with 4836 views26_Paz

Enjoy it guys.

The Paz Man

Not a bad effort Paz.... on 18:38 - Apr 23 with 352 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Not a bad effort Paz.... on 15:24 - Apr 23 by Bloots

....you've got a few hooked on this.

Even ones that are pretending to be too cool to bite have bitten indirectly.

You've managed to get the obvious "he's not even English", "flag shagger" type of response.

Personally I think you should have waited to till later in the day so you could have hooked Sprucey, but overall it's a solid 6.5/10.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Happy St. George’s Day on 19:05 - Apr 23 with 300 viewsnoggin

Happy St. George’s Day on 12:03 - Apr 23 by Herbivore

Fair dos. I just don't really get it, I guess. Where you happen to be born is really down to chance and what a country has done before the time of your birth is completely outside your control. I find it a bit odd to be proud of it, especially as such pride for the good we've done is rarely matched by comparable shame for the things we've done that are abhorrent. Each to their own though, I just genuinely don't get it.

I think another part of the problem is that patriotism has been somewhat co-opted by EDL types and their successors, who peddle a view of the country that is hugely off-putting to many of us. Patriotism is also seized upon by opportunists and populists to gloss over their own failings and often to create an us and them mentality that enables them to foment their own power. We've seen it here and in the US recently, but more dramatically still in continental Europe in the 20s and 30s. I think that's why a lot of people seek to distance themselves from patriotism.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024