Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Happy St. George’s Day 07:08 - Apr 23 with 4833 views26_Paz

Enjoy it guys.

The Paz Man

Happy St. George’s Day on 08:27 - Apr 23 with 1148 viewsnoggin

Happy St. George’s Day on 08:22 - Apr 23 by Churchman

I love those songs 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿

I love this one.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Happy St. George’s Day on 08:32 - Apr 23 with 1143 viewsDubtractor

FWIW, for anyone that does feel patriotic and wants to celebrate St Georges Day, go for it. I have no issue with other people wanting to celebrate, even if I find the whole patriotism thing a bit weird personally.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Happy St. George’s Day on 08:37 - Apr 23 with 1118 viewswkj

Happy St. George’s Day on 08:32 - Apr 23 by Dubtractor

FWIW, for anyone that does feel patriotic and wants to celebrate St Georges Day, go for it. I have no issue with other people wanting to celebrate, even if I find the whole patriotism thing a bit weird personally.

SUQ

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Happy St. George’s Day on 08:46 - Apr 23 with 1099 viewsGeoffSentence

Happy St. George’s Day on 07:32 - Apr 23 by WeWereZombies

Just a shame that we cannot travel to his birthplace in Cappadocia at the moment...

Although we could celebrate his day by getting a take away from the Capadoccia in Capel St Mary. It's what he would want.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Happy St. George’s Day on 08:54 - Apr 23 with 1089 viewsKropotkin123

I don't celebrate St George. He was perfectly fine for villagers to be given as tribute to a dragon, but as soon as it was a princesses turn, he had to act.

Thanks for saving our oppressive overload mate, putting us on the firm road to absolutism and setting back the potential for parliamentary democracy for a thousand years.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Happy St. George’s Day on 09:02 - Apr 23 with 1074 viewsWeWereZombies

Happy St. George’s Day on 08:10 - Apr 23 by wkj

Get your coat? How dare you dessert this board.

Ah, how sweet of you...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Happy St. George’s Day on 09:13 - Apr 23 with 1062 viewsKeno

Happy St. George’s Day on 08:54 - Apr 23 by Kropotkin123

I don't celebrate St George. He was perfectly fine for villagers to be given as tribute to a dragon, but as soon as it was a princesses turn, he had to act.

Thanks for saving our oppressive overload mate, putting us on the firm road to absolutism and setting back the potential for parliamentary democracy for a thousand years.

Its whatDi would have wanted, but dont get Meghan started it, cos you know what she thinks and will go on Oprah to tell us all about it

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Happy St. George’s Day on 09:20 - Apr 23 with 1052 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Shameless virtue posturing from the usual bumfest clique. Do your duty, head to your nearest Wetherspoons and repent you shameless cockroaches.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

Happy St. George’s Day on 09:25 - Apr 23 with 1037 viewsWeWereZombies

Happy St. George’s Day on 08:27 - Apr 23 by noggin

I love this one.

I'll take your Donegan and raise you a Cribbins...

Happy St. George’s Day on 09:27 - Apr 23 with 1036 viewsKropotkin123

Happy St. George’s Day on 09:20 - Apr 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

Shameless virtue posturing from the usual bumfest clique. Do your duty, head to your nearest Wetherspoons and repent you shameless cockroaches.

Fine, but I'll only celebrate in honour of the Peasant's Republic of Dithmarschen, who ironically had St George as their saint too.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 9:28]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.

Happy St. George’s Day on 09:32 - Apr 23 with 1022 viewsGlasgowBlue

Happy St. George’s Day on 08:18 - Apr 23 by Herbivore

I'm getting one tattooed on my arse to celebrate this glorious commemoration of a semi-fictional Greek saint who almost certainly never set foot in England.

Surely now you live up here, you’ll be getting the cross if St Andrew tattooed on your arse to celebrate this glorious commemoration of a semi-fictional Jew from Galilee who definitely never set foot in Scotland..

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Happy St. George’s Day on 09:44 - Apr 23 with 993 viewsWallingford_Boy

Happy St. George’s Day on 07:29 - Apr 23 by BlueBadger

Ah yes, the patron saint of foreigners who come over here and stole English people's jobs,people who kill endangered species and people unable to understand the concept of safe sex.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 7:38]

*sigh*

RIP Sir Bobby

Happy St. George’s Day on 09:47 - Apr 23 with 989 viewsnoggin

Happy St. George’s Day on 09:25 - Apr 23 by WeWereZombies

I'll take your Donegan and raise you a Cribbins...

White lives matter

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Happy St. George’s Day on 09:51 - Apr 23 with 979 views26_Paz

Happy St. George’s Day on 09:44 - Apr 23 by Wallingford_Boy

*sigh*

Lefties gonna left

The Paz Man

Happy St. George’s Day on 09:51 - Apr 23 with 969 viewsWeWereZombies

Happy St. George’s Day on 09:47 - Apr 23 by noggin

White lives matter

Unfortunately for you I had anticipated the Tommy Steele and had a Bygraves ready:

Happy St. George’s Day on 10:12 - Apr 23 with 919 viewsLord_Lucan

I am pretty much the same.

Although unlike you I am very patriotic St Georges Day doesn't really mean anything to me but I have no problem in people celebrating it - and why should I?

I don't hear the same moans when St Patricks Day comes around and is celebrated by anyone who has ever drunk a pint a pint of Guinness.

If I were a rotten father I would post a video of a teenage RKD dancing with a load of Morris Dancers outside Isaacs
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 10:15]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Happy St. George’s Day on 10:14 - Apr 23 with 907 viewsSwansea_Blue

TrAYtOr

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Happy St. George’s Day on 10:15 - Apr 23 with 908 viewsBarneycurley

Why would you consider patriotism "weird"?

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Happy St. George’s Day on 10:24 - Apr 23 with 892 viewsKropotkin123

Happy St. George’s Day on 09:51 - Apr 23 by 26_Paz

Lefties gonna left

It's almost as though nationalism and the nation state are political concepts and constructs.

Personally though, I read their message as tongue in cheek. A part of that prized British quality and tradition of being able to poke fun at oneself without getting upset about it.

I'm sure you or Badger didn't seriously think George slayed an endangered species (dragon).

Happy St. George’s Day on 10:25 - Apr 23 with 888 viewsFtnfwest

This is fine, as long as the weirdness factor applies to all other countries as well.
Happy St. George’s Day on 10:35 - Apr 23 with 878 viewsHerbivore

Happy St. George’s Day on 09:32 - Apr 23 by GlasgowBlue

Surely now you live up here, you’ll be getting the cross if St Andrew tattooed on your arse to celebrate this glorious commemoration of a semi-fictional Jew from Galilee who definitely never set foot in Scotland..

That would be cultural appropriation, you bawbag.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Happy St. George’s Day on 10:35 - Apr 23 with 878 viewsKropotkin123

Happy St. George’s Day on 10:15 - Apr 23 by Barneycurley

What isn't weird about unconditionally devoting yourself to and supporting a nation-state? Particularly when people within that nation-state can't agree on the direction the country should go in, can't agree on the depth and breadth of what it is to be English and the construct is held together with nonsense such as dragon slaying.

Don't get me wrong, I'll get involved for the world cup down the pub, but beyond that, it's not for me.

Happy St. George’s Day on 10:38 - Apr 23 with 867 viewsHerbivore

Happy St. George’s Day on 10:15 - Apr 23 by Barneycurley

Why wouldn't you?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Happy St. George’s Day on 10:39 - Apr 23 with 864 viewsSarge

Happy St. George’s Day on 09:51 - Apr 23 by 26_Paz

Lefties gonna left

It’s not a left wing thing. The left wing is all about tolerance, respect and fairness to all - it’s why it’s the best wing. This is more of a ‘I’ve got my own catchphrases to roll out’ thing.
Happy St. George’s Day on 10:52 - Apr 23 with 846 viewsBlueLikeJazz

@26_Paz Frankly I'd much rather St George's Day wasn't co-opted by fake 'patriots' like you.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2021 10:55]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024