Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I'm quite enjoying this 19:50 - May 4 with 1274 viewsSteve_M

We're a bit off in our decision making, both in over-playing from the back and taking too long in attacking positions, but much more sense of a gameplay than in lots of recent games. Shrewsbury are a typical Cotteril team, cynical out of possession but some good players - Norburn & Vela - and they break quickly.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I'm quite enjoying this on 19:59 - May 4 with 1198 viewsIllinoisblue

There’s a little more urgency from us although if given the chance to lazily play it back we seem to go for that option

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I'm quite enjoying this on 20:03 - May 4 with 1173 viewsSteve_M

I'm quite enjoying this on 19:59 - May 4 by Illinoisblue

There’s a little more urgency from us although if given the chance to lazily play it back we seem to go for that option

Yes, Atkins mentioned bravery on the ball a couple of times. That cautiousness has been conditioned into these players and it takes time to change that.

Add a bit of confidence and familiarity to this approach, plus a few new players, and it looks a lot better.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

I'm quite enjoying this on 20:08 - May 4 with 1142 viewsVic

I'm quite enjoying this on 20:03 - May 4 by Steve_M

Yes, Atkins mentioned bravery on the ball a couple of times. That cautiousness has been conditioned into these players and it takes time to change that.

Add a bit of confidence and familiarity to this approach, plus a few new players, and it looks a lot better.

It’s encouraging that even at the dog end of this season, with many of these players on their way out, that little changes and snippets of cooks style is beginning to show through.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Are we seeing some Cook green shoots?? on 20:13 - May 4 with 1090 viewsunstableblue

seem to be moving the ball quicker and more with more adventure

Poll: With Freddie leaving, who is the striker in the McKenna song “xxx in attack”?

I'm quite enjoying this on 20:15 - May 4 with 1064 viewsMetal_Hacker

I’m enjoying this first 10 mins of the second half

Zipping around a bit

Poll: If it were one or the other

I'm quite enjoying this on 20:34 - May 4 with 952 viewsclive_baker

One of those games that's so bad quality wise that it's watchable. Shrewsbury look awful, especially defensively. We're massively over complicating it in both thirds, intricate little first touch layoffs etc that rarely come off, there's no need for it.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

I'm quite enjoying this on 20:37 - May 4 with 914 viewsMetal_Hacker

I'm quite enjoying this on 20:34 - May 4 by clive_baker

One of those games that's so bad quality wise that it's watchable. Shrewsbury look awful, especially defensively. We're massively over complicating it in both thirds, intricate little first touch layoffs etc that rarely come off, there's no need for it.

Sorry but can’t let the “both thirds “ comment go without chuckling a little

Think I knew what you meant though - up top and in defence ?

Poll: If it were one or the other

I'm quite enjoying this on 20:41 - May 4 with 851 viewsclive_baker

I'm quite enjoying this on 20:37 - May 4 by Metal_Hacker

Sorry but can’t let the “both thirds “ comment go without chuckling a little

Think I knew what you meant though - up top and in defence ?

Ha, yes. Guilty of over playing defensively but it's in the final third that's so frustrating to watch. Same old story, lacking quality, composure and decision making against sh1t opposition.

State of that layoff from Norwood. Sums us up completely.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Login to get fewer ads

I'm quite enjoying this on 20:42 - May 4 with 822 viewswkj

Despite not having goals this is easily the best game I think I have watched under cook.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I'm quite enjoying this on 20:48 - May 4 with 758 viewsreusersfreekicks

I'm quite enjoying this on 20:42 - May 4 by wkj

Despite not having goals this is easily the best game I think I have watched under cook.

Agreed
I'm quite enjoying this on 20:49 - May 4 with 739 viewsKeaneish

A sign of things to come. It’s been an entertaining game played with a lot more energy and urgency. Good to see us carrying the ball and committing players. A bit more quality around the 18 yard box and we’d be home and dry by now. Still to many unforced errors but it’s an improved display.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024