Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Edwards hadn't been announced yet? 07:05 - May 11 with 1567 viewsBluefish

If Cook is trying to keep him then you have to question Cook. He has done a terrible job since being appointed manager but most are trying to give him the benefit of the doubt and the classic ITFC free hit. Keeping Edwards means he really can't see where the issues are.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Edwards hadn't been announced yet? on 07:06 - May 11 with 1554 viewsITFCBlues

See post below... Norwood posted last night how it was their last meal together then removed so suspect he's off.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Edwards hadn't been announced yet? on 07:07 - May 11 with 1535 viewsMeadowlark

Nonsense.
Edwards hadn't been announced yet? on 07:33 - May 11 with 1442 viewsWallingford_Boy

He’ll be released today, no way will he keep him on.

If we do keep Edwards, alongside the likes of Drinan, Nsiala, El Miz, etc just shows we might not be getting the big changes we all thought.

Slightly worrying.

RIP Sir Bobby

Edwards hadn't been announced yet? on 08:13 - May 11 with 1262 viewsBarneycurley

Yeah I was wondering if PC had consulted you the expert on who to keep?

Seems like maybe not?

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Edwards hadn't been announced yet? on 08:29 - May 11 with 1170 viewsChurchman

Yes, in his first 25 days at the club he won only one game from 6. He did nothing about changing the squad, failed to clean the football ground or repaint the turnstiles. He didn’t do anything about the dismal weather or that 10 of the last 16 fixtures were away from home either.

What was the idiot doing with his time? Boo!! Worst of all, I’ve heard he’s having Edwards cloned so he can play 11 Edwards. To keep him on after these dismal efforts is, to use the beloved phrase of the moment, a ‘free hit’. A good club would have fired him after the Gillingham result.

Nothing like being fair and giving people time to do their job.
Edwards hadn't been announced yet? on 08:42 - May 11 with 1085 viewsITFCBlues

Edwards hadn't been announced yet? on 07:33 - May 11 by Wallingford_Boy

He’ll be released today, no way will he keep him on.

If we do keep Edwards, alongside the likes of Drinan, Nsiala, El Miz, etc just shows we might not be getting the big changes we all thought.

Slightly worrying.

1 day in and you're making assumptions like that... Such a drama queen...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Edwards hadn't been announced yet? on 09:06 - May 11 with 1021 viewsGarv

I don't really want to see him stay because he's been terrible this season.

But to look at it another way, he has performed in the past, and in a division above. He scored 6 goals in the Championship's worst ever side. When he first came in he was something of a hit, albeit he definitely faded.

Do we have any other wingers? Lankester is the only one I can think of. Is it out of the question we're keeping him in case we don't manage to pick up the wide players we want during the window? We're looking at buying probably 3 players for that position otherwise. We'll look absolute monkeys if we release everyone and then don't manage to recruit.

Ideal world, Edwards goes and we replace him with someone better. But I wouldn't particularly question Cook if he's trying to keep him. There's obviously something in the way of talent there, as much as you don't see it, so I think I feel he can't be as bad as he's been recently.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Edwards hadn't been announced yet? on 09:08 - May 11 with 1004 viewsMrTown

I don't want him to stay.

He is so inconsistent, and when he is bad it is painful to watch.

I'm sure he won't be staying here, as I think he may feel he can make a step up on us.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Login to get fewer ads

Edwards hadn't been announced yet? on 09:21 - May 11 with 938 viewspositivity

most likely reason is that we've offered him a deal, and he's weighing it up.

championship clubs will probably offer him more, so he'll most likely be gone unfortunately

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Edwards hadn't been announced yet? on 09:33 - May 11 with 884 viewsWallingford_Boy

Edwards hadn't been announced yet? on 08:42 - May 11 by ITFCBlues

1 day in and you're making assumptions like that... Such a drama queen...

What does 1 day in have to do with it?!

We have kept on the likes of Drinan, Nsiala, etc.

That decision has been made.

Sure we will bring in new players, but keeping players that have struggled this season just worries me slightly.

RIP Sir Bobby

Edwards hadn't been announced yet? on 09:35 - May 11 with 875 viewsBluefish

Edwards hadn't been announced yet? on 08:29 - May 11 by Churchman

Yes, in his first 25 days at the club he won only one game from 6. He did nothing about changing the squad, failed to clean the football ground or repaint the turnstiles. He didn’t do anything about the dismal weather or that 10 of the last 16 fixtures were away from home either.

What was the idiot doing with his time? Boo!! Worst of all, I’ve heard he’s having Edwards cloned so he can play 11 Edwards. To keep him on after these dismal efforts is, to use the beloved phrase of the moment, a ‘free hit’. A good club would have fired him after the Gillingham result.

Nothing like being fair and giving people time to do their job.

U OK hun?

Edwards hadn't been announced yet? on 10:13 - May 11 with 802 viewsDarth_Koont

It’s a low bar but he’s probably been our most consistently threatening attacker. And I think he’s looked better in the 3 which lets him drop inside more.

If Cook can see how he might fit in, I’m OK with that.

Pronouns: He/Him

Edwards hadn't been announced yet? on 10:15 - May 11 with 778 viewsBluefish

Edwards hadn't been announced yet? on 10:13 - May 11 by Darth_Koont

It’s a low bar but he’s probably been our most consistently threatening attacker. And I think he’s looked better in the 3 which lets him drop inside more.

If Cook can see how he might fit in, I’m OK with that.

The concern is if Cook can't see how painfully bad Edwards is at football. The most limited player we have probably had as a club, literally pace and nothing else

Edwards hadn't been announced yet? on 10:21 - May 11 with 729 viewsChurchman

Edwards hadn't been announced yet? on 09:35 - May 11 by Bluefish

U OK hun?

It’s my Tuesday rant after 2 days visiting my 94 year old dad and listening to an endless moaning about how awful Evans and Lambert are. It’ll take a while for him to get over those two jokers.
Edwards hadn't been announced yet? on 10:25 - May 11 with 709 viewsBlueFrankie26

Ongoing discussions regarding potential new deal
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024