Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Antisemitism clarification please.... 16:08 - May 17 with 2858 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....is calling for the end of the Israeli state in its current apartheid incarnation allowed?
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/17/anti-israel-protests-in-germany-pr

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 21:33 - May 17 with 932 viewsKropotkin123

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 17:51 - May 17 by ZXBlue

Because Jews are fairly unique in being identified by both religion and genes- by themselves and by others.

I guess it depends on who you know and what you expose yourself to. The wedding I referenced was between a Korean-American Jew and an Israeli-American Jew.

Most of their family and friendship group I met in on the day of the wedding and it was a real mix, despite the majority being Jewish.

I can't say I know too much about how Jewish people identify themselves beyond those friends. But they have had the biggest impact on me and as such I don't make the association you suggest.

So as I infer at the beginning, perhaps I haven't exposed myself to the community enough to pick up on that.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 21:41 - May 17 with 914 viewsKropotkin123

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 18:16 - May 17 by Wacko

This is exactly what happened when Ethiopian Jews turned up in Israel, and proceeded to be racially abused by other Israelis:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-32813056

The bigger irony being that the Ethiopian Jewish community is one of the oldest in the world.

Interesting read, thanks.

In the sense of irony, it was the same for the Armenian Christians. They're meant to be the first nation to adopt Christianity.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 21:51 - May 17 with 898 viewsKropotkin123

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 20:26 - May 17 by J2BLUE

So we would need a one world government? Not sure how that would work without organisation at national level?

Anarchism, to my knowledge, was the first political movement to argue against nation-states and therefore borders. They, of course, proposed the decentralisation of authority and governance.

On a technical level, it could be achieved either way. On a practical level, we have some way to go for either route.

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 22:08 - May 17 with 887 viewsfactual_blue

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 19:21 - May 17 by ZXBlue

You seem to miss the point.

Many jewish people consider themselves to be, if not a race, then certainly something more than just a religion.

The whole concept makes little sense to me, but that's besides the point.
[Post edited 17 May 2021 19:22]

I entirely see the point. They have formed a view, based on their religion that they are 'chosen'. Which is bonkers.

And tragically ironic.

But I'll get accusations thrown at me if I expand on that.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 22:35 - May 17 with 855 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Some interesting replies...cheers all!
F#ck the apartheid Israeli State and all that support it !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 23:47 - May 17 with 820 viewsRyorry

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 22:08 - May 17 by factual_blue

I entirely see the point. They have formed a view, based on their religion that they are 'chosen'. Which is bonkers.

And tragically ironic.

But I'll get accusations thrown at me if I expand on that.

I know/have known hundreds of Jewish people in my lifetime; not a single one of them has, or ever would, consider themselves "chosen".

I could be wrong, happy to be corrected, but think the "chosen" belief is predominantly a view of the minority who are in the orthodox religious sector. The majority of Jews are either secular, or if religious, go to the more liberal "reform" synagogues.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 23:53 - May 17 with 814 viewsRyorry

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 20:26 - May 17 by J2BLUE

So we would need a one world government? Not sure how that would work without organisation at national level?

I'm not clever enough to put together a working solution on my own, sorry!

Maaybe if Guthers partnered up with David Attenborough though ..?!

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 11:14 - May 18 with 690 viewsfactual_blue

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 23:47 - May 17 by Ryorry

I know/have known hundreds of Jewish people in my lifetime; not a single one of them has, or ever would, consider themselves "chosen".

I could be wrong, happy to be corrected, but think the "chosen" belief is predominantly a view of the minority who are in the orthodox religious sector. The majority of Jews are either secular, or if religious, go to the more liberal "reform" synagogues.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews_as_the_chosen_people#Reform_views

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 11:58 - May 18 with 638 viewsRyorry

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 11:14 - May 18 by factual_blue

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jews_as_the_chosen_people#Reform_views

Thanks for the clarification.

However, what I said earlier re not a single one of the hundreds of Jewish people I know/have known in my 70+ years ever having thought that they are "chosen", still applies. It seems more of a conceptual theory to me than existing in the real world to the majority of the real people it's supposed to apply to.

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 12:06 - May 18 with 627 viewsElephantintheRoom

if you read the guardian, shop at waitrose and religiously 'recycle' plastic waste so that it can be dumped and burned in Turkish landfilss i suggsest no

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 12:43 - May 18 with 595 viewsjeera

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 12:06 - May 18 by ElephantintheRoom

if you read the guardian, shop at waitrose and religiously 'recycle' plastic waste so that it can be dumped and burned in Turkish landfilss i suggsest no

" 'recycle' plastic waste so that it can be dumped and burned in Turkish landfilss i suggsest"

Yes, most people even attach notes to their recycling that they expect that as a requisite.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 12:45 - May 18 with 585 viewsRyorry

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 12:06 - May 18 by ElephantintheRoom

Slightly off topic, but given your reply, worth watching this to the end -

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 12:49 - May 18 with 569 viewsJ2BLUE

Antisemitism clarification please.... on 12:45 - May 18 by Ryorry

Slightly off topic, but given your reply, worth watching this to the end -

Did anyone else shout "RUN!" at the cat?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024