Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How much sleep do you need? 09:27 - May 20 with 1896 viewsCoastalblue

and how much do you actually get?

I've tended to have about 7 hours a night for most of the last few years and found that works quite well, occasionally I'd be getting a bit less for a while and then have a big lay in every so often and catch up.

I'm finding with my current role I tend to get 6 at best and often a bit less, starting to struggle with it a bit.

I just wonder what other people tend to enjoy (sleep wise), my sister needs 8-9 hours a night or can't function, I do know some people exist on 5 or less though.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

How much sleep do you need? on 13:11 - May 20 with 334 viewsnorth_stand77

Last few years would have broken sleep and manage between 4-6 hours only a night. I always wondered if this was due to years of shift work,

Someone recommended CBD oil to me and I've been taking it just before bed since December and I now sleep deeper and can manage 6-8 hours. Its definitely made a difference to my quality of sleep.
How much sleep do you need? on 13:24 - May 20 with 316 viewsDebsyAngel

I try for at least 7 but only seem to get about 5 and a half/6 hours most nights as I find it hard to drop off, and then get twitching leg and mind racing. I cannot remember the last time I had 8 hours sleep uninterrupted - been years now.
How much sleep do you need? on 13:28 - May 20 with 313 viewsblue62

Usually in bed by midnight and alarm goes off at 6.15. If i go any earlier then I wake before the alarm. So maybe I am just used to 6 and a bit hours a night.
How much sleep do you need? on 14:58 - May 20 with 271 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How much sleep do you need? on 15:42 - May 20 with 236 viewsRyorry

Can't function effectively on less than 5.5 hours, & that's what I usually get. No problems going to sleep, usually crash out instant head hits the pillow, quite often in mid hand-cream applying or alarm-setting before I've even got round to switching light off.

Woken up by need to pee - either myself or take dog out! He's become incontinent recently, low-back problems, but has always refused to drink in house, so for past 3 years have had to take him outside for a drink as well - once or twice a night as he's had kidney problems. Which means for past 3 yrs I've been kipping on 3-seat sofa!

Interested to read that split-shift being better thing, as that's what I've had to do out of necessity - usually kip about 1.00-3.30 and then again about 6-9am - cooking/eating a meal in-between, often around 4-5am!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024