Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game 09:49 - May 30 with 3508 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Looking to see what stadiums are worth doing in the future based off experiences...

I’ll start

Olympiastadion - Hertha Berlin.

Saw Hertha vs Bayern. Great stadium. Good atmosphere behind the goal too. Definitely a worthy experience.

Another one is the Estadio do Dragao - Porto’s stadium (where CL final was last night).

Saw Portugal vs Netherlands for the nations league final. Another great ground.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 15:49 - May 30 with 1402 viewsMerthyrblue

Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 12:30 - May 30 by PhilTWTD

Luhzniki in Moscow was very impressive. Part of a sports village so other venues around it as well.

I saw USSR v Denmark there in 1985 when it was called the Lenin Stadium. Presumably it has been renovated since then.
Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 16:16 - May 30 with 1371 viewsjaykay

well you asked what is your favourite non- english stadium you've seen a live game at.
well mine is Olympic Stadium, Amsterdam.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 17:44 - May 30 with 1353 viewsRadlett_blue

Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 15:05 - May 30 by Metal_Hacker

Has to be the San Siro and stadium tour , other than that he Camp Nou and The Amsterdam Arena

Saw Ajax thump Utrecht with my son there a couple of years ago. Lunchtime kick off but a good atmosphere, great football by Ajax & ready availability of beers.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 17:54 - May 30 with 1351 viewsEdmundo

El Monumental in Buenos Aires is amazing (home of River Plate). A concrete stadium bouncing like an earthquake was happening.

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 08:13 - May 31 with 1277 viewsBondiBlue

Leichhardt Oval. Different sport (rugby league) but great ground.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 08:16 - May 31 with 1275 viewsBarneycurley

Get yourself to Napoli. Try and pick a day game maybe as its an interesting part of the city but it's staunch!

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 08:20 - May 31 with 1272 viewsBarneycurley

Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 08:13 - May 31 by BondiBlue

Mate!!! So good reminds me of an English ground. My friend lived along the road in Rozelle.

That place rocks for an evening game. Shame the team can't match the atmosphere...

Poll: Last nights obv lling of Evans are him and bluefish ever seen in the same room?

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:26 - May 31 with 1225 viewsBarneycurley

Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 08:13 - May 31 by BondiBlue

[Post edited 31 May 2021 10:34]

Login to get fewer ads

Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 10:30 - May 31 with 1224 viewsTractorWood

England 2-2 Scotland at Hampden a few years ago. Amazing atmosphere and great game.

England 0-0 Slovakia in Saint Etienne at Stade Geoffroy-Guichard. Perfect size for an amazing atmosphere. Similar to Wales in Lens but an amazing day with Sturridge's late winner.

England 1-1 Russia. Stade Velodrome is amazing. Would love to go back in more pleasant circumstances like for the TdF TT stage that could happen again.

Saw England Vs Italy in Turin a few years ago. That's a cool ground but they massively cheaped out on facilities.

Bernabeu is amazing as someone else said it has heated stands. I saw Ajax play Real in the Champions League and then saw Barca Vs Benfica the next day at the Nou Camp. Awesome 24 hours but the Nou Camp is a bit of mess.

Dortmund is good, as is Stade de France. England friendlies.

Favourite ground is probably Stade Velodrome.

Would like to go to the Allianz and a few other German grounds. One I've not done amazingly is Old Trafford.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 11:50 - May 31 with 1205 viewsleitrimblue

Showground, Sligo Rovers. Top craic, free to have a sneaky smoke an stunning views across Benbulben
Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 12:07 - May 31 with 1186 viewsgazzer1999

Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 12:12 - May 31 with 1178 viewsgazzer1999

Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 10:30 - May 31 by TractorWood

England 2-2 Scotland at Hampden a few years ago. Amazing atmosphere and great game.

England 0-0 Slovakia in Saint Etienne at Stade Geoffroy-Guichard. Perfect size for an amazing atmosphere. Similar to Wales in Lens but an amazing day with Sturridge's late winner.

England 1-1 Russia. Stade Velodrome is amazing. Would love to go back in more pleasant circumstances like for the TdF TT stage that could happen again.

Saw England Vs Italy in Turin a few years ago. That's a cool ground but they massively cheaped out on facilities.

Bernabeu is amazing as someone else said it has heated stands. I saw Ajax play Real in the Champions League and then saw Barca Vs Benfica the next day at the Nou Camp. Awesome 24 hours but the Nou Camp is a bit of mess.

Dortmund is good, as is Stade de France. England friendlies.

Favourite ground is probably Stade Velodrome.

Would like to go to the Allianz and a few other German grounds. One I've not done amazingly is Old Trafford.

Was there (Santiago Bernabeu) in December 2013 Bale got a hat-trick, Ronaldo was injured and did not play. It was freezing until they put the heaters on, and then it was fantastic.
Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 12:24 - May 31 with 1165 viewsglasso

La Bombonera (sp?), closely followed by Westfalenstadion. Found the San Siro weirdly uninspiring, maybe cos it was only about half full
Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 13:16 - May 31 with 1131 viewsIpswichKnight

Marseille - England v Tunisia - huge ground baking hot sun and suffering a bit from tear gas from earlier.

Lens - England v Colombia - much like an English ground.

Nou Camp - champions league game Barcelona v Lyon - cracking view middle tier behind the goal and fabulous atmosphere in warm evening sunshine.
Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 13:19 - May 31 with 1125 viewsTractorWood

Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 13:16 - May 31 by IpswichKnight

Marseille - England v Tunisia - huge ground baking hot sun and suffering a bit from tear gas from earlier.

Lens - England v Colombia - much like an English ground.

Nou Camp - champions league game Barcelona v Lyon - cracking view middle tier behind the goal and fabulous atmosphere in warm evening sunshine.

They've redeveloped the ground quite significantly since then although the tear gas was still there when I went.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 19:01 - May 31 with 1068 viewsborge

Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 12:30 - May 30 by PhilTWTD

Luhzniki in Moscow was very impressive. Part of a sports village so other venues around it as well.

Phil, how do I get photos on here? I have one of the stadium you might like from the Torpedo Moscow game.
Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 21:22 - May 31 with 1042 viewsnorth_stand77

San Siro was an experience - AC Milan v Roma.

The stadium itself was very tired looking but the atmosphere in the packed ground was fantastic
Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 21:33 - May 31 with 1040 viewsSwansea_Blue

Grounds I’d like to have gone to:

I never saw us in Europe sadly. I had an offer to join some friends down here to go and watch Swansea against Valencia in the Nou Mestalla, but turned it down (Swansea won 3-0 I think; typical luck for me).

I used to go to Dortmund for work and always stayed in a small hotel/b&b right by the ground. It looks pretty impressive and I’ve always fancied a trip there, but tickets can be like gold dust.

Years back I did a job in Peru. My work colleague couldn’t get the same flight out and had another day in Lima, which gave him time to watch Peru in a World Cup qualifier, lucky sod. Although I missed a big earthquake in Peru by less that 24 hours, so swings and roundabouts.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 23:00 - May 31 with 1020 viewsEdmundo

Favourite non-English stadiums you’ve seen a live game on 08:20 - May 31 by Barneycurley

Mate!!! So good reminds me of an English ground. My friend lived along the road in Rozelle.

That place rocks for an evening game. Shame the team can't match the atmosphere...

Beautiful location there. Great atmosphere for an old and small stadium. Used to run round it a few times a week when I lived on Norton St, Leichhardt

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024