Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) 16:01 - Jun 15 with 3207 viewsWeirdFishes

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 17:07 - Jun 15 with 742 viewsmarchy

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 17:04 - Jun 15 by itfcjoe

What on Earth are you on about? Do you understand how business works?

He thinks AD's worth less so we've done well to get the £1m as a result of the contractual clause. You think AD's worth more so we've cut ourselves short by limiting ourselves to £1m as a result of the contractual clause. Fairly straightforward?
Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 17:10 - Jun 15 with 716 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 17:07 - Jun 15 by marchy

He thinks AD's worth less so we've done well to get the £1m as a result of the contractual clause. You think AD's worth more so we've cut ourselves short by limiting ourselves to £1m as a result of the contractual clause. Fairly straightforward?

But only one of those arguments makes sense, as a minimum release clause doesn’t force teams to pay more

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 17:10 - Jun 15 with 715 viewsitfcjoe

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 17:07 - Jun 15 by marchy

But we haven’t got £1m because of a contractual clause, we’ve got £1m because QOR have elected to offer that amount.

It has only forced us to sell for that price, it has in no way forced them to buy for that price.

It’s not about our respective valuations, it’s just basics.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 17:13 - Jun 15 with 679 viewschicoazul

At the end of the day we’ve sold him to a big club in the league above us for a good fee, good luck to him and I hope his career takes off.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 17:19 - Jun 15 with 666 viewsBlueBoots

One of my best mates is a QPR fan, and sent me a text apologising, so I sent him one back apologising too...

To be fair, I said to him that for £1m in terms of potential they've robbed us, but in terms of what he's actually achieved at Ipswich we've robbed them...we'll just have to wait to see how it all pans out...

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 17:32 - Jun 15 with 621 viewsgtsb1966

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 17:19 - Jun 15 by BlueBoots

One of my best mates is a QPR fan, and sent me a text apologising, so I sent him one back apologising too...

To be fair, I said to him that for £1m in terms of potential they've robbed us, but in terms of what he's actually achieved at Ipswich we've robbed them...we'll just have to wait to see how it all pans out...

It'll be the latter.
Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 17:33 - Jun 15 with 620 viewsmonty_radio

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 17:10 - Jun 15 by itfcjoe

But we haven’t got £1m because of a contractual clause, we’ve got £1m because QOR have elected to offer that amount.

It has only forced us to sell for that price, it has in no way forced them to buy for that price.

The only basic here is that they wanted him. Given that we follow a club that have consistently overpayed for players we wanted(Norris, Lee Martin, Jackson etc, etc) it only tells you something if it's a Liverpool or a Man City that are making the judgement, not a Q.P.R. And even those big clubs don't always get it right; look at the millions Liverpool spent on dross before Klopp.

It is often said on here at times when we've been looking to spend bigger that they saw us coming. Perhaps our club knew of QPR's longstanding interest and also the £16m in their pocket from their sale of Eze when the sgreement was set up. But, if that wasn't the case, still, as ever, worth is a combination of desire and judgement. There's no-one to blame here. A.D. wanted to go, and he's gone.

You can't compute worth just because there was a fixed price.
[Post edited 15 Jun 2021 18:26]

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 17:40 - Jun 15 with 599 viewspointofblue

The spiteful side of me thinks like father like son - neither could wait to get out of here.

Good luck at him though; think he'll do well at QPR.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Login to get fewer ads

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 17:42 - Jun 15 with 595 viewsRadioOrwell

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 17:19 - Jun 15 by BlueBoots

To be honest I'm sick and tired of the "potential" in players.
We need to kick on starting in September.

In any case whatever league we are in, we will sell a really good player long before we see the benefits.

Apart from our golden years, it was always the way.
Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 18:26 - Jun 15 with 545 viewsmonty_radio

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 17:40 - Jun 15 by pointofblue

The spiteful side of me thinks like father like son - neither could wait to get out of here.

Good luck at him though; think he'll do well at QPR.

Jason: 340 apps in ten years - you're a hard taskmaster!

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 19:12 - Jun 15 with 500 viewsMrTown

Well we have got £1m because of a contractual clause?

If they wanted him, they had to pay that pay price - and they have done.

We’ve had their pants down.

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 19:35 - Jun 15 with 482 viewsPhilTWTD

Think they were prepared to offer as much as that as they were expecting Blackburn to trigger the clause.
Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 22:10 - Jun 15 with 384 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Dozzell to QPR Confirmed (n/t) on 19:12 - Jun 15 by MrTown

Well we have got £1m because of a contractual clause?

If they wanted him, they had to pay that pay price - and they have done.

We’ve had their pants down.

No, they had to pay £1m because we weren’t willing to accept a lower amount and that clause prevented us asking for more. Had the clause not existed they may well have had to pay more

I’m not sure what part of this you’re finding so difficult to grasp, to be honest

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024