Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Refereeing in the Euros... 20:16 - Jun 16 with 922 viewsBarcaBlue

The standard has been very good and consistent, hasn't it? Seems there's been a real effort to keep matches flowing. Even VAR has been a lot less intrusive than what I've seen in Spain. Maybe less diving too, but that may be related.
Refereeing in the Euros... on 20:18 - Jun 16 with 912 viewswkj

From what I was hearing the VAR system is being reviewed much quicker with more eyes on it - So there are more people to make decisions quicker without holding the game to ransom with lengthy deliberation.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Refereeing in the Euros... on 20:21 - Jun 16 with 893 viewschrismakin

Refereeing in the Euros... on 20:18 - Jun 16 by wkj

From what I was hearing the VAR system is being reviewed much quicker with more eyes on it - So there are more people to make decisions quicker without holding the game to ransom with lengthy deliberation.

Interesting handball there, was it the wales game or the finland one earlier where there was a handball ignored...

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Refereeing in the Euros... on 20:25 - Jun 16 with 866 viewswkj

Refereeing in the Euros... on 20:21 - Jun 16 by chrismakin

Interesting handball there, was it the wales game or the finland one earlier where there was a handball ignored...

Well done.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Refereeing in the Euros... on 20:29 - Jun 16 with 837 viewschrismakin

Refereeing in the Euros... on 20:25 - Jun 16 by wkj

Well done.

?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Refereeing in the Euros... on 23:44 - Jun 16 with 717 viewsSwansea_Blue

They seem to be quite lenient to me. Some bloke nearly got his head knocked off last night and the ref didn’t even give a free kick. It’d have been a borderline red over here.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Refereeing in the Euros... on 07:06 - Jun 17 with 640 viewsDeano69

Seems to me they are using VAR as intended, when the ref wants it not at every off issue, throw in and stop in play.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Refereeing in the Euros... on 07:16 - Jun 17 with 612 viewstractorboy1978

Refereeing in the Euros... on 07:06 - Jun 17 by Deano69

Seems to me they are using VAR as intended, when the ref wants it not at every off issue, throw in and stop in play.

Yes, they seem less bothered about trying to forensically manage the game and make sure every decision is 'perfect'.
Refereeing in the Euros... on 07:45 - Jun 17 with 573 viewsDeano69

Refereeing in the Euros... on 07:16 - Jun 17 by tractorboy1978

Yes, they seem less bothered about trying to forensically manage the game and make sure every decision is 'perfect'.

The only annoying decision I have seen so far was the disallowed french goal which they left the flag down until the ball went in the net, clearly offside both from the initial pass and a subsequent pass. Can’t really understand the point in keeping the flag down when it’s so blatant.

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Login to get fewer ads

Refereeing in the Euros... on 07:56 - Jun 17 with 546 viewsN2_Blue

Refereeing in the Euros... on 07:45 - Jun 17 by Deano69

The only annoying decision I have seen so far was the disallowed french goal which they left the flag down until the ball went in the net, clearly offside both from the initial pass and a subsequent pass. Can’t really understand the point in keeping the flag down when it’s so blatant.

Yes it has been fairly decent.

The use of VAR is this tournament has been way less intrusive and controversial than in the premier league. It's rightly disallowed a few goals and occasionally been used to check a few things but that's about it.

It shows how badly the wrong the premierleague has gone about using VAR where VAR seems bigger than the game itself. I hope the PL looks at this tournament and learns from how VAR should be implemented because it was actually fast ruining the game as a spectacle last season.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Refereeing in the Euros... on 08:27 - Jun 17 with 498 viewsWeWereZombies

Refereeing in the Euros... on 20:21 - Jun 16 by chrismakin

The one where Söyüncü was falling over, looking at the ground, and the ball came from above and bounced off his elbow?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Refereeing in the Euros... on 09:27 - Jun 17 with 460 viewsRobTheMonk

The refs finally seem to realise that falling over at any touch is not a foul. It's been great!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024