Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Euros team of the tournament? 14:55 - Jul 11 with 667 viewstractordownsouth

Obviously the Euros haven't finished yet but there hasn't been an obvious player of the tournament so thought I'd give it a go with a best XI and bench. When putting it together I noticed how many good left backs there have been, which was probably the most difficult position to select. I've switched a few positions around in the 3 behind the striker, but they all play (sort of) free roles in their teams anyway.

Donnarumma

Dumfries Bonucci Maguire Shaw

Jorginho Hojbjerg

Sterling Forsberg Chiesa

Schick

Bench: Sommer, Spinazzola, Christensen, Pedri, Damsgaard, Torres, Ronaldo

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Euros team of the tournament? on 15:09 - Jul 11 with 613 viewsNW10_Tractor

Insigne has to be on the bench at least… he is a class player.
[Post edited 11 Jul 2021 15:10]

Harlesden's Arrogantly Talented with the Skill Abilities And not a bad goalkeeper either....
Poll: How would you like Town to win the league

Euros team of the tournament? on 15:10 - Jul 11 with 604 viewsWD19

Largely agree with this.

Bit harsh in Walker though. Only conceded one goal, and was arguably Man of the Match in the game that he did.
Euros team of the tournament? on 15:19 - Jul 11 with 587 viewswkj

I would say Philips should be somewhere, even if on the bench. Really enjoyed his pressing game A LOT. Also Walker... I bet any team in the tourny would have loved his pace at the back.

I personally don't think Ronaldo belongs on the bench. Sure, he was industrious - but he did little to inspire his team.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Euros team of the tournament? on 15:19 - Jul 11 with 582 viewspositivity

Euros team of the tournament? on 15:10 - Jul 11 by WD19

Largely agree with this.

Bit harsh in Walker though. Only conceded one goal, and was arguably Man of the Match in the game that he did.

agree on walker, though spinazzola's got to be in the side too.

i also thought schmeichel should be there, but i might be falling into the mick/jewell trap of placing too much emphasis on someone playing well against us.

if you're going for specialty subs, would definitely have grealish in there!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Euros team of the tournament? on 15:43 - Jul 11 with 522 viewsjudespiveyg

Sommer
Walker Bonucci Maguire Shaw Gosens
Olmo Busquets Insigne
Sterling Kane

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Euros team of the tournament? on 15:52 - Jul 11 with 506 viewsMerseyBlue

You could definitely make a case for most of those selections, would probably agree with others that Walker and Insigne deserve to be in there. Personally I would have Pickford as GK, he's won the Golden Gloves, made at least one vital save in each game and only really had a wobble with his distribution in the semi. I'm not even talking about the goal he conceeded, which I actually felt was a very good free kick despite not being right in the corner of the goal. Donnarumma started well but I'd say he's been behind Sommer and Pickford overall.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Euros team of the tournament? on 15:59 - Jul 11 with 485 viewstractordownsouth

Euros team of the tournament? on 15:52 - Jul 11 by MerseyBlue

You could definitely make a case for most of those selections, would probably agree with others that Walker and Insigne deserve to be in there. Personally I would have Pickford as GK, he's won the Golden Gloves, made at least one vital save in each game and only really had a wobble with his distribution in the semi. I'm not even talking about the goal he conceeded, which I actually felt was a very good free kick despite not being right in the corner of the goal. Donnarumma started well but I'd say he's been behind Sommer and Pickford overall.

Don't think there's too much in it between Schmeichel, Donnarumma, Pickford and Sommer overall.

You're right re Walker - the quality of the full backs on both sides has been impressive. Maehle hasn't even got onto my bench, and although I picked Dumfries, a case could be make for both Walker and Gosens.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Euros team of the tournament? on 16:13 - Jul 11 with 452 viewsStirlingArcher

Euros team of the tournament? on 15:59 - Jul 11 by tractordownsouth

Don't think there's too much in it between Schmeichel, Donnarumma, Pickford and Sommer overall.

You're right re Walker - the quality of the full backs on both sides has been impressive. Maehle hasn't even got onto my bench, and although I picked Dumfries, a case could be make for both Walker and Gosens.

Pickford was shaky since the quarter final.
He did something not great and has been trying TOO hard since, he's not inspired any confidence since then either
Login to get fewer ads

Euros team of the tournament? on 16:23 - Jul 11 with 440 viewsKropotkin123

GK: Schmeichel
RB: Walker
LB: Shaw
CB: Akanji
CB: Kjær
DM: Jorginho
DM: Phillips
AM/FW: Sterling
AM/FW: Ronaldo
AM/FW: Olmo
S: Schick

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Euros team of the tournament? on 16:23 - Jul 11 with 437 viewsMerseyBlue

Euros team of the tournament? on 15:59 - Jul 11 by tractordownsouth

Very true, it's probably to name the keepers that had howlers - Simon, Marshall, Dubravka!

I was thinking about Maehle and Gosens as well, very difficult in that area of the pitch as so many of them had great tournaments. Allegedly Everton are after Dumfries which could be a great signing for them.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."
Poll: Who will be the winner?

Euros team of the tournament? on 17:29 - Jul 11 with 348 viewsOldboy

Pickford

Walker. Stones. Maguire Mings Shaw

Phillips. Rice. Mount

Sterling. Kane
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024