Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
39.9k covid cases today 16:44 - Jul 22 with 4872 viewsTrequartista

Lowest for 9 days. Always dangerous to look at one day’s figures but Thursday is usually high(48k last Thursday). Probably a blip and it shoots up tomorrow but you never know we might be reaching herd immunity and delta is running out of people it can affect.

Poll: Who do you blame for our failure to progress?

39.9k covid cases today on 14:29 - Jul 23 with 1516 viewshype313

39.9k covid cases today on 14:21 - Jul 23 by StokieBlue

Totally agree that the Tories (and others) are pushing a narrative that being double jabbed means you don't really pass it on and that is obviously nonsense. However if everyone at the event is double-jabbed then even if you do pass it on the other person shouldn't get severe C19. If it's a mixed vaccinated/unvaccinated crowd then lots of double jabbed people could make unvaccinated people very sick.

How would PCR testing work though? If you get one 48 hours before then that's still a long time in which you could have caught C19 somewhere after you did the test.

SB

On your final para I totally agree with you, but in reality it's the best of a bad bunch of options, unless we go into strict lockdown until we reach infection immunity, which won't happen for a plethora of reasons.

I genuinely think (rightly or wrongly) that they are not seriously considering passports as an option, more a thinly veiled threat to the youth, it goes against everything Bojo has said and written in the past 20 years, he would be a sitting duck if he went ahead and looked upon even more of a clown than he already is.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

39.9k covid cases today on 15:11 - Jul 23 with 1466 viewsParsley

39.9k covid cases today on 14:29 - Jul 23 by hype313

On your final para I totally agree with you, but in reality it's the best of a bad bunch of options, unless we go into strict lockdown until we reach infection immunity, which won't happen for a plethora of reasons.

I genuinely think (rightly or wrongly) that they are not seriously considering passports as an option, more a thinly veiled threat to the youth, it goes against everything Bojo has said and written in the past 20 years, he would be a sitting duck if he went ahead and looked upon even more of a clown than he already is.

I think this is probably the case. France had a huge uptake in people getting vaccinated after announcing that people wouldn't be allowed to do certain things without it. So they're probably hoping that by announcing it people will get vaccinated even if they don't end up making it mandatory.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/13/france-reports-rush-for-vaccines-a
39.9k covid cases today on 15:13 - Jul 23 with 1460 viewshype313

39.9k covid cases today on 15:11 - Jul 23 by Parsley

I think this is probably the case. France had a huge uptake in people getting vaccinated after announcing that people wouldn't be allowed to do certain things without it. So they're probably hoping that by announcing it people will get vaccinated even if they don't end up making it mandatory.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jul/13/france-reports-rush-for-vaccines-a

Indeed, it's no coincidence that you won't need one for a bingo hall but you will for a nightclub...

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

39.9k covid cases today on 15:26 - Jul 23 with 1424 viewsEly_Blue

39.9k covid cases today on 14:21 - Jul 23 by StokieBlue

Totally agree that the Tories (and others) are pushing a narrative that being double jabbed means you don't really pass it on and that is obviously nonsense. However if everyone at the event is double-jabbed then even if you do pass it on the other person shouldn't get severe C19. If it's a mixed vaccinated/unvaccinated crowd then lots of double jabbed people could make unvaccinated people very sick.

How would PCR testing work though? If you get one 48 hours before then that's still a long time in which you could have caught C19 somewhere after you did the test.

SB

The whole testing system for entry into things is broken.

I have a business trip to Germany next week as an example, therefore as a double jabbed person I need a test (antigen is fine) taken <72 hours before I enter the Uk on Wednesday pm.

I fly on Monday at 3.30 from Heathrow, therefore (and the government advocates this) I have an antigen test booked for 12.30 on Monday lunchtime, enough time for me to get the result before I leave the country so I’m not left stranded abroad but totally useless at stopping infected people coming back into the country.

Sure I need a day 2 test when I return but that’s booked for Friday! Therefore I am free and open game between Monday lunchtime and Friday to pass it on to hundreds on any of the 4 flights or airport experiences.

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

39.9k covid cases today on 15:29 - Jul 23 with 1428 viewsvilanovablue

Important to say that the ONS survey which is ongoing says this week we have moved from an expected rate in in England of 1 in 90 to 1 in 75 based on widespread community testing rather than requested tests.
39.9k covid cases today on 15:33 - Jul 23 with 1412 viewsParsley

39.9k covid cases today on 15:26 - Jul 23 by Ely_Blue

I have a business trip to Germany next week as an example, therefore as a double jabbed person I need a test (antigen is fine) taken <72 hours before I enter the Uk on Wednesday pm.

I fly on Monday at 3.30 from Heathrow, therefore (and the government advocates this) I have an antigen test booked for 12.30 on Monday lunchtime, enough time for me to get the result before I leave the country so I’m not left stranded abroad but totally useless at stopping infected people coming back into the country.

Sure I need a day 2 test when I return but that’s booked for Friday! Therefore I am free and open game between Monday lunchtime and Friday to pass it on to hundreds on any of the 4 flights or airport experiences.

Surely if you have a negative test on Monday then the chances of you passing anything on are low?
39.9k covid cases today on 15:37 - Jul 23 with 1385 viewsEly_Blue

39.9k covid cases today on 15:33 - Jul 23 by Parsley

Surely if you have a negative test on Monday then the chances of you passing anything on are low?

I guess that depends on whether I pick up anything from any of the 4 flights I will take, hotel I will stay in and layover for 3 hours each way in Frankfurt!

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

39.9k covid cases today on 16:11 - Jul 23 with 1366 viewsParsley

39.9k covid cases today on 15:37 - Jul 23 by Ely_Blue

I guess that depends on whether I pick up anything from any of the 4 flights I will take, hotel I will stay in and layover for 3 hours each way in Frankfurt!

But then you'll know when you take another test on Friday. I know there's always a risk but sounds like you are taking the right steps to minimise that to me.
Login to get fewer ads

36k today on 16:21 - Jul 23 with 1339 viewsTrequartista

36k today down from 51k last week.

39.9k covid cases today on 16:22 - Jul 23 with 1340 viewsTrequartista

39.9k covid cases today on 15:29 - Jul 23 by vilanovablue

Important to say that the ONS survey which is ongoing says this week we have moved from an expected rate in in England of 1 in 90 to 1 in 75 based on widespread community testing rather than requested tests.

For week ending July 17th

39.9k covid cases today on 17:59 - Jul 23 with 1286 viewsBLUEGOLD

39.9k covid cases today on 16:22 - Jul 23 by Trequartista

For week ending July 17th

So the unlocking effect is not factored in as yet.

It will go up again in a week or two to much higher figures.

Lots of people going down with it at the moment.
39.9k covid cases today on 18:36 - Jul 23 with 1243 viewsPinewoodblue

39.9k covid cases today on 17:59 - Jul 23 by BLUEGOLD

So the unlocking effect is not factored in as yet.

It will go up again in a week or two to much higher figures.

Lots of people going down with it at the moment.

Suffolk has one of the lowest case rates in England but Latitude will put paid to that.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

31k today - WEEKLY cases now DOWN 4% on 23:08 - Jul 24 with 1159 viewsTrequartista

7 days up to today 286,863
7 days previous 300,302

Not that the news seems to want to report this - i had to add the number up myself. I fully aware this could go up again, or it might not, nobody knows, but this just shows you once again that the experts can't predict the future, i do not remember any model that said cases would go down for a whole week at any point until August/September.
[Post edited 24 Jul 2021 23:18]

WEEKLY cases now DOWN 4% on 23:17 - Jul 24 with 1116 viewsStokieBlue

31k today - WEEKLY cases now DOWN 4% on 23:08 - Jul 24 by Trequartista

7 days previous 300,302

Not that the news seems to want to report this - i had to add the number up myself. I fully aware this could go up again, or it might not, nobody knows, but this just shows you once again that the experts can't predict the future, i do not remember any model that said cases would go down for a whole week at any point until August/September.

I think we need to wait a while on this.

Last week was the hottest week in absolutely ages, everyone was mixing outside. If next week is as wet and stormy as they are saying it will make a difference.

Let's wait and see what the trend is.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

WEEKLY cases now DOWN 4% on 23:33 - Jul 24 with 1087 viewsTrequartista

WEEKLY cases now DOWN 4% on 23:17 - Jul 24 by StokieBlue

I think we need to wait a while on this.

Last week was the hottest week in absolutely ages, everyone was mixing outside. If next week is as wet and stormy as they are saying it will make a difference.

Let's wait and see what the trend is.

SB

I've been careful not to claim that the wave has peaked and its going down for good, so of course we need to wait awhile before that can be determined - but i don't think anyone would predict last Saturday's 56k would be 31k this Saturday based on some nice weather - maybe the urban areas are burnt out now as the rural areas surge. Got to keep trying to focus on the, erm, positives otherwise we'll all go insane.

WEEKLY cases now DOWN 4% on 07:46 - Jul 25 with 987 viewsElderGrizzly

WEEKLY cases now DOWN 4% on 23:33 - Jul 24 by Trequartista

I've been careful not to claim that the wave has peaked and its going down for good, so of course we need to wait awhile before that can be determined - but i don't think anyone would predict last Saturday's 56k would be 31k this Saturday based on some nice weather - maybe the urban areas are burnt out now as the rural areas surge. Got to keep trying to focus on the, erm, positives otherwise we'll all go insane.

Docs have said we won’t see the effect of 19th July reopening until next week, so much too early to be popping the champagne corks. Schools breaking up might balance that out though.

Hospitalisations are lagging behind and are 1,000 higher than last Friday already and expected to get to 10,000 by mid-August.
39.9k covid cases today on 07:47 - Jul 25 with 983 viewsElderGrizzly

39.9k covid cases today on 15:26 - Jul 23 by Ely_Blue

The ‘day 2’ test can be done at the airport on return if you so wish
WEEKLY cases now DOWN 4% on 08:53 - Jul 25 with 937 viewsPinewoodblue

WEEKLY cases now DOWN 4% on 07:46 - Jul 25 by ElderGrizzly

Docs have said we won’t see the effect of 19th July reopening until next week, so much too early to be popping the champagne corks. Schools breaking up might balance that out though.

Hospitalisations are lagging behind and are 1,000 higher than last Friday already and expected to get to 10,000 by mid-August.

The current wave seemed to take longer to gather pace in East Anglia. Presumably case numbers here will still be rising as the national numbers fall.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

31k today - WEEKLY cases now DOWN 4% on 21:28 - Jul 25 with 792 viewsGeoffSentence

31k today - WEEKLY cases now DOWN 4% on 23:08 - Jul 24 by Trequartista

7 days previous 300,302

top tip

th government website gives the total for the last 7 days and a comparison to the previouus 7 days so you dont have to add it up yourself

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

31k today - WEEKLY cases now DOWN 4% on 20:09 - Jul 29 with 595 viewsTrequartista

31k today - WEEKLY cases now DOWN 4% on 21:28 - Jul 25 by GeoffSentence

top tip

th government website gives the total for the last 7 days and a comparison to the previouus 7 days so you dont have to add it up yourself

Sorry, only just seen this. At the time in question, the page you refer to hadn't been updated due to a delay in the reporting of deaths (not sure why they couldn't update the cases), but the cases figure had been reported on twitter so i did have to count them manually.

Thanks anyway though and glad i didn't embarass myself with any dodgy arithmetic!

31k today - WEEKLY cases now DOWN 4% on 21:03 - Jul 29 with 532 viewsElderGrizzly

31k today - WEEKLY cases now DOWN 4% on 21:28 - Jul 25 by GeoffSentence

top tip

Over 1,000 kids hospitalised with Covid just this month

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024