Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? 22:51 - Aug 7 with 2378 viewsMaySixth

We can't flog Evans and Harper.

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 22:52 - Aug 7 with 2367 viewschrismakin

Humphries and Idris?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 15:54 - Aug 8 with 2120 viewsMaySixth

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 22:52 - Aug 7 by chrismakin

Humphries and Idris?

Worrying

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 16:06 - Aug 8 with 2084 viewsTomTheWriter

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 15:54 - Aug 8 by MaySixth

Worrying

I’d go Evans and Idris for the first half, then you can take Evans off at half time for either Harper or Humprhys.

Blog: Where to Exploit and How to Avoid Being Exploited - Brentford

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 16:14 - Aug 8 with 2042 viewschrismakin

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 15:54 - Aug 8 by MaySixth

Worrying

Its newport and a cup we have no interest in

I'd love to see us play full strength to I've more game time to the team...but likewise I'd be fuming if we lost Harper or Evans from this sort of game.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 16:22]

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 16:14 - Aug 8 with 2045 viewspositivity

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 16:06 - Aug 8 by TomTheWriter

I’d go Evans and Idris for the first half, then you can take Evans off at half time for either Harper or Humprhys.

agreed, it's the mickey mouse cup, so nothing would worry me!

we could see it as an opportunity to get some more game time together, but i'd rather protect the players early on in the season.

i think defence is the more key position where we need to protect them more; one more injury and we're looking weak for burton

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 16:19 - Aug 8 with 2018 viewspositivity

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 16:14 - Aug 8 by chrismakin

Its newport and a cup we have no interest in

I'd love to see us play full strength to I've more game time to the team...but likewise I'd be fuming if we lost Harper or Evans from this sort of game.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 16:22]

notts county?

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 16:21 - Aug 8 with 2000 viewschrismakin

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 16:19 - Aug 8 by positivity

notts county?

Newport. Sorry

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 17:28 - Aug 8 with 1873 viewsxrayspecs

Perhaps a half each alongside El Mz?

Would expect us to put out a good side even if it is a little light in midfield and defence. Also depends if Ashton can get more deals done by Tuesday...

So, something like:

Holy

Clements
Nbada
Edmundson - if fit, possibly Donacien
Coulson - if signed in time, possibly Penney as Coulson could make debut at weekend

El Miz
Harper/Evans

Barry
Fraser - like to see him playing as a 10
Dobra

Bonne
Norwood

Subs
Aluko
Jackson
Jacobs - if signed
Kids
Login to get fewer ads

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 17:46 - Aug 8 with 1829 viewsfloridaboy

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 17:28 - Aug 8 by xrayspecs

Would expect us to put out a good side even if it is a little light in midfield and defence. Also depends if Ashton can get more deals done by Tuesday...

So, something like:

Holy

Clements
Nbada
Coulson - if signed in time, possibly Penney as Coulson could make debut at weekend

El Miz
Harper/Evans

Barry
Dobra

Bonne
Norwood

Subs
Aluko
Jackson
Jacobs - if signed
Kids

I really hope Cook doesn't go with a line up like that!!

Winning breeds confidence so I would hope he would go with more or less the same team as Saturday.

Norwood and Bonne could well start and maybe young Barry otherwise keep it the same. Evans and Harper have started to get a good understanding so why change it!

Just my opinion!
Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 17:52 - Aug 8 with 1807 viewschrismakin

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 17:46 - Aug 8 by floridaboy

I really hope Cook doesn't go with a line up like that!!

Winning breeds confidence so I would hope he would go with more or less the same team as Saturday.

Norwood and Bonne could well start and maybe young Barry otherwise keep it the same. Evans and Harper have started to get a good understanding so why change it!

Just my opinion!

Wont be anywhere near yesturdays lineup imo. He has pre warned everyone at the Q&A

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 18:07 - Aug 8 with 1762 viewsxrayspecs

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 17:52 - Aug 8 by chrismakin

Wont be anywhere near yesturdays lineup imo. He has pre warned everyone at the Q&A

With the exception of Donacien, none of the bench got more than 10 mins game time yesterday, so I would expect at least six of them to be starters. Plus Nbada, who played for the U23s yesterday and Aluko. Then a case of filling in the gaps.
Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 19:47 - Aug 8 with 1634 viewsTangledupin_Blue

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 17:28 - Aug 8 by xrayspecs

So, something like:

Holy

Clements
Nbada

El Miz
Harper/Evans

Barry
Dobra

Bonne
Norwood

Subs
Aluko
Jackson
Jacobs - if signed
Kids

I don't think they'll let us play 4 2 3 2

Poll: Which Two Will Gain Automatic Promotion?

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 19:50 - Aug 8 with 1618 viewsxrayspecs

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 19:47 - Aug 8 by Tangledupin_Blue

I don't think they'll let us play 4 2 3 2

Sssh. Cunning plan Baldrick.

Rush goalie?

So, no Fraser then and 4-4-2.
[Post edited 8 Aug 2021 19:52]
Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 12:11 - Aug 9 with 1439 viewsMaySixth

I'm going for a much changed side and not risk injuries while getting minutes into the squad

Holy

Donacien
Ndaba
Woolfenden
Penney (or Coulson)

Aluko
El Mizouni
Fraser
Dobra (or Jacobs)

Bonne
Norwood

Subs :
Barry
Hladky
Harper
Vincent-Young
Piggott
Chaplin
Humphreys
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 12:12]

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 12:15 - Aug 9 with 1419 viewsChrisd

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 12:11 - Aug 9 by MaySixth

I'm going for a much changed side and not risk injuries while getting minutes into the squad

Holy

Donacien
Ndaba
Woolfenden
Penney (or Coulson)

Aluko
El Mizouni
Fraser
Dobra (or Jacobs)

Bonne
Norwood

Subs :
Barry
Hladky
Harper
Vincent-Young
Piggott
Chaplin
Humphreys
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 12:12]

I see you like to start with 12 rather than the prescribed 11? Very cunning .

Apologies MaySixth, I need to be able to count properly!!!
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 12:17]

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 12:21 - Aug 9 with 1379 viewsParky

Holy

Donacien
Woolf
Ndaba
Clements

Humphreys
El Mizouni

Dobra
Aluko
Barry

Norwood

Edit - Hopefully Chirewa gets some minutes maybe off the bench, as he has had a brilliant pre-season.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 12:23]
Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 12:32 - Aug 9 with 1319 viewsjayessess

Given how few matches they've all played together, might be a good idea to just pick the first team? I'd rather they work out the kinks against Newport in the EFL Cup than against Burton on Saturday...

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 12:37 - Aug 9 with 1283 viewsPilgrimblue

Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 12:21 - Aug 9 by Parky

Holy

Donacien
Woolf
Ndaba
Clements

Humphreys
El Mizouni

Dobra
Aluko
Barry

Norwood

Edit - Hopefully Chirewa gets some minutes maybe off the bench, as he has had a brilliant pre-season.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 12:23]

I too would like to see Chirewa given a seat on bench at very least. Plus Sizizba who may scare any defence with his pace and goal threat.
I feel its too early to give first teamers extra games and lhope that Cook gives others a chance to show like El Miz and McGavin
Who is going to start central midfield against Newport? on 12:43 - Aug 9 with 1233 viewsWeWereZombies

Well Downes is in Wales today...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024