Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Downes 07:33 - Aug 9 with 3500 viewssaffers12

Having medical with Swansea according to flw
Downes on 10:00 - Aug 9 with 673 viewschicoazul

Downes on 08:49 - Aug 9 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Double his money with a team in the league above us who nearly made the Prem last season. This teeth gnashing desperation to see all players who leave us do badly is so dumb.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Downes on 10:24 - Aug 9 with 616 viewsbluestandard

Downes on 09:38 - Aug 9 by pointofblue

But this is the thing I don’t get - is there evidence Downes has been unprofessional towards the club since last summer? Yes, his form dipped but so did everyone’s and there is definitely extenuating circumstances with Evans and Lambert allowing a laissez faire attitude to permeate around the club. Maybe there is something more concrete but it feels like people are putting two and two together to make five, unless something more concrete has come out which I have missed.

I do get your point here. His conduct wasn’t at the bottom end of the scale, but I think you could see his lack of commitment on the pitch, and also PC referred to a number of players that had ‘left the building’ before the end of the season. Downes simply had to fall into that category surely? Yep maybe I’m putting 2 and 2 together and making 5, but seems more likely to be 4.
Downes on 10:29 - Aug 9 with 610 viewsFixed_It

Downes on 09:31 - Aug 9 by Town_Boy

Price wise got to be looking at least 1million + ?

We are a League One team and he is/was a League One player who underperformed last season - when not injured. In a saturated market, over a mollion is unrealistic I'm afraid - even though we all know that potentially he will be worth more in the future. I'm sure Ashton will have factored that into the negotiations ie sell on clauses etc.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Downes on 10:54 - Aug 9 with 570 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Downes on 10:29 - Aug 9 by Fixed_It

We are a League One team and he is/was a League One player who underperformed last season - when not injured. In a saturated market, over a mollion is unrealistic I'm afraid - even though we all know that potentially he will be worth more in the future. I'm sure Ashton will have factored that into the negotiations ie sell on clauses etc.

Also hasnt played more than 30 league games each season for last 3 years.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Downes on 11:09 - Aug 9 with 537 viewsRadlett_blue

Downes on 08:49 - Aug 9 by BryanPlug

Having had a poor, injury-affected season, Downes's stock has fallen & Swansea looks at least a good a move for him as being sold to a PL club & then immediately loaned out to the Championship. If he has fallen out with Cook, another hit & miss season at Town won't benefit either party so best we take £1m plus add ons & move on.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Downes on 12:26 - Aug 9 with 493 viewsBryanPlug

Downes on 10:00 - Aug 9 by chicoazul

Double his money with a team in the league above us who nearly made the Prem last season. This teeth gnashing desperation to see all players who leave us do badly is so dumb.

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Downes on 12:39 - Aug 9 with 464 viewsParky

Don’t see where he fits in at Swansea as their current squad stands, they have: Matt Grimes, Korey Smith, Yan Dhanda, Jamie Patterson and Ryan Manning that can all play in the middle of the park.

If the move goes through, I certainly don’t think he’ll be a nailed on starter every week. All that said, I wish him the best and hope he can just get back to his best.
Downes on 12:42 - Aug 9 with 455 viewsITFCBlues

Downes on 12:39 - Aug 9 by Parky

Don’t see where he fits in at Swansea as their current squad stands, they have: Matt Grimes, Korey Smith, Yan Dhanda, Jamie Patterson and Ryan Manning that can all play in the middle of the park.

If the move goes through, I certainly don’t think he’ll be a nailed on starter every week. All that said, I wish him the best and hope he can just get back to his best.

Patterson is a wide player and I believe Grimes is moving on

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Login to get fewer ads

Downes on 12:46 - Aug 9 with 450 viewsParky

Downes on 12:42 - Aug 9 by ITFCBlues

Patterson is a wide player and I believe Grimes is moving on

Patterson played centrally at the weekend and scored, they played 5 at the back.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Grimes moved on, very good player. Either way, it’s a good move to Downes and hopefully he makes the step up.
Downes on 12:52 - Aug 9 with 425 viewsPilgrimblue

Downes on 09:36 - Aug 9 by Marshalls_Mullet

Hate is a strong word, but the low point was the fingers in the ears celebrations.

It does seem like the players from the MM days never recovered from him leaving and, in their eyes, the manner in which that happened. It seemed to create an us and them mentality.

PC has done the right thing with the wholesale clear out.

I met Flynn in hairdressers and he was quite cleat that after Mick left he had lost his desire. He wasn't keen on Cook but bearing mind he wanted to go before he arrived it's hardly surprising.
I agree with you that clear out was absolutely needed after 2 very poor years. New players will bring fresh enthusiasm and ideas. Having so many signings will mean slow start while Cook and players find out best 11. Plus there appears to be some exciting youngsters coming through like Baggott Chirewa and Siziba.
Downes on 19:43 - Aug 9 with 357 viewsTown_Boy

Downes on 10:29 - Aug 9 by Fixed_It

You still think that? 🙃

At the end of the day... It is night
Poll: What stand will you be renewing with the new prices

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024