Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this statement correct 15:06 - Aug 9 with 800 viewsBlueySwede

In your opinion - is the following statement true?
"Good players need less time to adjust/gel in a new team"?
Is this statement correct on 15:12 - Aug 9 with 737 viewsjayessess

Generally, I think having "gelled" is less of a factor than people often think.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Is this statement correct on 15:23 - Aug 9 with 684 viewsKropotkin123

Depends on a few things - coaching, position, team

If there is a clear style and a clear direction to work towards, then it is easier than moving to a poorly organised team.

I think defender take more time to adjust. Or rather it is more noticeable. They only have to make one mistake due to communication and we could concede from it. Whereas the attack can have issues on Comms, but they could string three good passages of play together and score from them.

It also depends on the amount of relative changes. One person of higher quality coming into a settled team is more likely to adjust and gel than one person coming into a completely changed team like ours

Edit: with all things equal though, yes, I do.
[Post edited 9 Aug 2021 15:24]

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Is this statement correct on 15:24 - Aug 9 with 681 viewsGavTWTD

I'd agree but it must take time to learn the strengths and weaknesses of your new teammates and to learn what is expected of you in your new formation.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Is this statement correct on 15:26 - Aug 9 with 656 viewsjayessess

Is this statement correct on 15:24 - Aug 9 by GavTWTD

I'd agree but it must take time to learn the strengths and weaknesses of your new teammates and to learn what is expected of you in your new formation.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone demonstrate much of a connection between player turnover and season-long success and I've seen plenty of team revolutionise their playing personnel and go on to have a grand season. So, I suspect gelling is a case of weeks rather than months.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Is this statement correct on 15:29 - Aug 9 with 619 viewsMetal_Hacker

For the most we're all creatures of habit and once you get into the habits of your work colleagues and also the habit of winning - the worlds your lobster

Poll: If it were one or the other

Is this statement correct on 15:31 - Aug 9 with 605 viewsbluelagos

Yes. The better players are more adaptable and so would adjust/gel faster than poorer players to new team mates.

The days of a player having just one role, one way of playing are long gone. Formations change within matches, never mind within a seasons.

Decent players can adapt when asked.

None of that of course means all our new players will gel immediately, they won't. An understanding takes time to fully develop, whether that is a pair of center backs, forwards or players down one side.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Is this statement correct on 15:44 - Aug 9 with 523 viewsParsley

I'd say it's true, or looking at it another way it would take a group of poor players longer to gel into a cohesive unit than a group of good players
Is this statement correct on 16:10 - Aug 9 with 431 viewsPinewoodblue

It starts with forming partnerships, like the partnership we are going to enjoy between the new defensive midfielders. There does seem a potential problem on the left side though, perhaps we will see KVY playing left back tomorrow evening..

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024