Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If you had £200k to invest in property in Ipswich or the locale.... 10:26 - Aug 28 with 1197 viewsMaySixth

where would you buy and why?
ta

Poll: Should Ipswich keep Paul Lambert as manager to start the 2020/2021 season?

If you had £200k to invest in property in Ipswich or the locale.... on 10:27 - Aug 28 with 1193 viewsWD19

North West Ipswich/Burnley borders.

If you had £200k to invest in property in Ipswich or the locale.... on 10:30 - Aug 28 with 1168 viewsNorfolkBlue1

Raise it to £225,000 and get a 2 bedroom Victorian terraced property in town centre of BSE. Perfect for a young American from local lakenheath/mildenhall bases.
A lot of Londoners invest in BSE and surroundings due to the fantastic yield you can achieve with the American market

If you had £200k to invest in property in Ipswich or the locale.... on 10:31 - Aug 28 with 1151 viewsLord_Lucan

land

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If you had £200k to invest in property in Ipswich or the locale.... on 10:35 - Aug 28 with 1129 viewsFreddies_Ears

Felixstowe for the holiday letting market maybe?

There was a press piece this week that there are virtually no long-term lets around or near the Suffolk coast because airbnbing

If you had £200k to invest in property in Ipswich or the locale.... on 10:36 - Aug 28 with 1125 viewsDubtractor

Given current prices in Ipswich (which have gone mental) you won't actually get too much for that money.

As an East Ipswich dweller I'd suggest that the wedge of town between Felixstowe Road and Woodbridge Road is a decent area and should have a few places within your budget.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: Best type of bacon for your breakfast butty?

If you had £200k to invest in property in Ipswich or the locale.... on 10:37 - Aug 28 with 1118 viewsFreddies_Ears

Felixstowe for the holiday letting market maybe?

There was a press piece this week that there are virtually no long-term lets around or near the Suffolk coast because airbnbing is more lucrative. But that does mean that the longer-term letting market is great if you have a property to let ...

If you had £200k to invest in property in Ipswich or the locale.... on 12:06 - Aug 28 with 887 viewsIllinoisblue

If you had £200k to invest in property in Ipswich or the locale.... on 10:36 - Aug 28 by Dubtractor

Given current prices in Ipswich (which have gone mental) you won't actually get too much for that money.

As an East Ipswich dweller I'd suggest that the wedge of town between Felixstowe Road and Woodbridge Road is a decent area and should have a few places within your budget.

I never fail to be amazed at UK house prices and what you get for your money. Obviously skewed by living over here and having big houses on big lots for affordable prices but still… saw one yesterday online. 200 thousand pounds for a tiny 2-bed 1 bath semi detached. How do young folks get on the ladder ?

62 - 78 - 81

^ this here (n/t) on 12:13 - Aug 28 with 840 viewsDyland

If you had £200k to invest in property in Ipswich or the locale.... on 10:31 - Aug 28 by Lord_Lucan

land

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Login to get fewer ads

If you had £200k to invest in property in Ipswich or the locale.... on 12:14 - Aug 28 with 828 viewsDyland

Buy some land and plant a vineyard innit ba

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

If you had £200k to invest in property in Ipswich or the locale.... on 12:14 - Aug 28 with 825 viewsITFC_Forever

Not many places for that money.

P 1032, W 447, D 260, L 325, F 1528, A 1275
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

If you had £200k to invest in property in Ipswich or the locale.... on 12:44 - Aug 28 with 706 viewsborge

If you had £200k to invest in property in Ipswich or the locale.... on 12:06 - Aug 28 by Illinoisblue

I never fail to be amazed at UK house prices and what you get for your money. Obviously skewed by living over here and having big houses on big lots for affordable prices but still… saw one yesterday online. 200 thousand pounds for a tiny 2-bed 1 bath semi detached. How do young folks get on the ladder ?

Doesn't that very much depend on where you are in the US though? I am always shocked at the disparity of prices within the US as it seems in some places you can get a massive five bedroom house cheaper than a terraced three bed over here and in others you are looking at mega bucks.
If you had £200k to invest in property in Ipswich or the locale.... on 12:48 - Aug 28 with 675 viewschicoazul

Dogecoin*

*dont

I have it in commission, to comfort the feeble-minded, and to support the weak. You must needs go along with us; we will wait for you, we will lend you our help, we will deny ourselves of some things, both opinionated and practical, for your sake; we will not enter into doubtful disputations before you, we will be made all things to you, rather than you shall be left behind
Poll: How much are Phil Gav and the elusive Mark looking forward to next Friday?

If you had £200k to invest in property in Ipswich or the locale.... on 13:18 - Aug 28 with 538 viewsvictorywilhappen

Depends on if it’s a long term thing. If you look at the studies of rising water levels and areas that will flood there are many areas worth avoiding. Due to this. Even areas in Ipswich around the river.

A small place in north Ipswich would be a good bet long term. Difficult presently as costs are high. There are some good flats in nice posh buildings around Christchurch park especially to the north.Wil there be a correction?

Around eye is a possibility for a small place . Even Diss. Good train links.
East Anglian auction house has some good things come up and is worth looking at.

If you had £200k to invest in property in Ipswich or the locale.... on 13:23 - Aug 28 with 523 viewsIllinoisblue

If you had £200k to invest in property in Ipswich or the locale.... on 12:44 - Aug 28 by borge

Doesn't that very much depend on where you are in the US though? I am always shocked at the disparity of prices within the US as it seems in some places you can get a massive five bedroom house cheaper than a terraced three bed over here and in others you are looking at mega bucks.

Location location location as they say. Obviously the big cities are still mostly crazy expensive but get out in the suburbs and you can live like a king.

62 - 78 - 81

If you had £200k to invest in property in Ipswich or the locale.... on 13:42 - Aug 28 with 456 viewsElephantintheRoom

If you had £200k to invest in property in Ipswich or the locale.... on 12:06 - Aug 28 by Illinoisblue

Yes but houses here are built with bricks and mortar (or were) not a bit of timber and stucco that will fall down in a breeze.

Blog: Wing Wonders (Part Two)

Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2021