Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… 14:07 - Sep 14 with 1446 viewsMattinLondon

Yesterday, most Mondays, I picked up my youngest at nursery. I parked in a loading bay, which I know is technically against the rules, but I often see the same warden who turns a blind eye to this if it’s only a for a few minutes - which is always the case for me and a few other parents as well.

Anyway, he was with another colleague, and after saying that I would only be a couple or so minutes as usual, the normal warden simply smiled and nodded. When pressing the bell for the nursery I saw his colleague turn around proceed to print off a ticket and put on my car - which annoyed me greatly but I wasn’t really in a position to argue my point.

By chance, the normal warden saw me this morning and apologised for his colleague. Which was nice of him.

I know that I’m technically in the wrong - but as this situation (or something similar) happened to anyone on here? Should I appeal or simply accept it?
Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… on 14:11 - Sep 14 with 1379 viewsbluelagos

Could unloading include dropping off a child?

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… on 14:13 - Sep 14 with 1374 viewsFixed_It

Not sure you can appeal, although I would have thought, if you had spoken to them, them not saying anything at the time makes them look bad and might work in your favour.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… on 14:15 - Sep 14 with 1363 viewsMattinLondon

Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… on 14:11 - Sep 14 by bluelagos

Could unloading include dropping off a child?

That’s my argument as I don’t see the difference, but the sign overhead does specifically state for nearby shops only - or words to that effect.
Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… on 14:18 - Sep 14 with 1332 viewsWD19

Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… on 14:15 - Sep 14 by MattinLondon

That’s my argument as I don’t see the difference, but the sign overhead does specifically state for nearby shops only - or words to that effect.

All you will achieve by flagging it, is to drop the regular warden in the poo and ensure that you never get away with parking at that spot again.
Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… on 14:19 - Sep 14 with 1325 viewsMattinLondon

Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… on 14:13 - Sep 14 by Fixed_It

Not sure you can appeal, although I would have thought, if you had spoken to them, them not saying anything at the time makes them look bad and might work in your favour.

I don’t want to get the regular warden in trouble as they could view him as not imposing the rules correctly. It’s not the ticket itself that has annoyed me but the fact that the manner in which it was done. I know I’m not the only one to get ‘caught’ by him in this manner as well.
Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… on 14:19 - Sep 14 with 1316 viewsMattinLondon

Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… on 14:18 - Sep 14 by WD19

All you will achieve by flagging it, is to drop the regular warden in the poo and ensure that you never get away with parking at that spot again.

I know and I don’t want to do that at all.
Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… on 14:24 - Sep 14 with 1298 viewsusm

You have no basis to appeal.
All that will happed is that you will drop the first traffic warden in it.

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… on 14:35 - Sep 14 with 1248 viewsFixed_It

Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… on 14:19 - Sep 14 by MattinLondon

I don’t want to get the regular warden in trouble as they could view him as not imposing the rules correctly. It’s not the ticket itself that has annoyed me but the fact that the manner in which it was done. I know I’m not the only one to get ‘caught’ by him in this manner as well.

Did the new warden have a little black moustache and a funny walk perchance?!

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Login to get fewer ads

Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… on 14:39 - Sep 14 with 1221 viewsFixed_It

Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… on 14:19 - Sep 14 by MattinLondon

You don't need to mention that you do it regularly, just that you spoke to them and they didn't say anything.

Ready! Steady! Cook!

Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… on 16:11 - Sep 14 with 997 viewsJ2BLUE

Look at this from the perspective of the regular warden.

He lets you get away with it then you saw him with someone else and decided the same rules applied. Even if he did smile and nod you put him in an awkward situation.

I had similar at my old job. We weren't supposed to do better deals for customers according to the book but my manager said we should. People got used to coming in and saying you usually do me a deal. Trouble is, they did exactly the same whenever I had a random visit from senior management or internal audit. It puts you in a really crap situation and drops you right in it. Sometimes the person being done the favour needs to use a bit of common sense.

Sorry. I'm sure that's not what you want to hear and you might well disagree. If you make a big deal of it you'll likely never be able to park there again as you'll force his hand.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… on 16:26 - Sep 14 with 920 viewsMattinLondon

Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… on 16:11 - Sep 14 by J2BLUE

Look at this from the perspective of the regular warden.

He lets you get away with it then you saw him with someone else and decided the same rules applied. Even if he did smile and nod you put him in an awkward situation.

I had similar at my old job. We weren't supposed to do better deals for customers according to the book but my manager said we should. People got used to coming in and saying you usually do me a deal. Trouble is, they did exactly the same whenever I had a random visit from senior management or internal audit. It puts you in a really crap situation and drops you right in it. Sometimes the person being done the favour needs to use a bit of common sense.

Sorry. I'm sure that's not what you want to hear and you might well disagree. If you make a big deal of it you'll likely never be able to park there again as you'll force his hand.

The regular warden was ok when I said that I’ll only be a couple or so minutes - we’ll that’s the way he came across. And he also saw me and said sorry to me when he didn’t have to and when I didn’t initially see him.

To be honest I’m simply annoyed that the other fella did what he did as I do think that that was a low thing to do.

Think on reflection, if I see the friendly one I’ll apologise if I put him in an awkward position (don’t think I did) and hope that the other one gets splashed by a really big puddle.
Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… on 16:52 - Sep 14 with 843 viewsBluedicea

Let it pass.

Humans are very self interested and entitled people, never thinking of the inconvenience they cause others. Rules are there to make keep things on an even keel, you've broken the rules 100's of times but caught out once. Accept it.

My old nan, before she passed used to have to wheel her wheelchair down the middle of the road, because most residents there were more self interested in parking mostly on the pavement and not providing enough room for pedestrians to pass, yet two cars can easily pass in the road.

What is the use of knowing about everything else, when you do not yet know who you are.

Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… on 16:57 - Sep 14 with 825 viewshype313

Matt, you weren't technically in the wrong, you were in the wrong, regardless of the fact that he normally turns a blind eye.

I'd take that one on the chin, thank your lucky stars that 99% of the time you get away with it, appreciate he had a job to do and hopefully he will revert back to type.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… on 17:10 - Sep 14 with 785 viewsKeno

Two traffic wardens you say

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… on 18:19 - Sep 14 with 597 viewsMattinLondon

Traffic Wardens: I know I was technically in the wrong but… on 17:10 - Sep 14 by Keno

Two traffic wardens you say

Did you actually google ‘traffic wardens stockings and suspenders?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024