Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pinter home brew system 13:20 - Sep 16 with 967 viewsZx1988

Just took delivery of one of these today, and have got it all set up and brewing the Stars and Stripes American IPA that they do.

Has anyone else got one of these, and had any experience they'd be happy to share?

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Pinter home brew system on 13:38 - Sep 16 with 917 viewsEwan_Oozami

Be careful, there'll be a lot of pauses and waiting around during the brewing.....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Pinter home brew system on 13:46 - Sep 16 with 891 viewsitfcjoe

I've got one, the Stars and Stripes was a nice drop as well - finished a peach sour beer last night so had a few glasses of that.

They are good, and well worth it - but a bit of a pain in having to plan ahead for when you want a drink as not a massive home drinker so have ended up wasting a fair bit!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Pinter home brew system on 14:04 - Sep 16 with 828 viewsBlueBadger

Pinter home brew system on 13:38 - Sep 16 by Ewan_Oozami

Be careful, there'll be a lot of pauses and waiting around during the brewing.....

Came here to say that. Got beaten to it. Shouldn't have been such a Dumb Waiter.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Pinter home brew system on 14:11 - Sep 16 with 815 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Pinter home brew system on 13:46 - Sep 16 by itfcjoe

I've got one, the Stars and Stripes was a nice drop as well - finished a peach sour beer last night so had a few glasses of that.

They are good, and well worth it - but a bit of a pain in having to plan ahead for when you want a drink as not a massive home drinker so have ended up wasting a fair bit!

"They are good, and well worth it"

Are they though? I looked at one the last time they came up on here, and the costs involved long term seemed a little steep.

I'd be very very happy to be corrected though, as I am interested.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Pinter home brew system on 14:50 - Sep 16 with 746 viewsZx1988

Pinter home brew system on 14:11 - Sep 16 by Cheltenham_Blue

"They are good, and well worth it"

Are they though? I looked at one the last time they came up on here, and the costs involved long term seemed a little steep.

I'd be very very happy to be corrected though, as I am interested.

They seem to be trying to shift stock in advance of launching a new model, so it's a bit cheaper at the moment.

I got the system, and enough to brew 30 pints, for £65 delivered. Alternatively at the moment you can get the system, brewing kits, and a second brewing vessel for £85.

Pinter home brew system on 14:50 - Sep 16 with 744 viewsSwansea_Blue

Pinter home brew system on 13:46 - Sep 16 by itfcjoe

"not a massive home drinker so have ended up wasting a fair bit"

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Pinter home brew system on 15:07 - Sep 16 with 718 viewsJohnWarksTash

Pinter home brew system on 14:50 - Sep 16 by Swansea_Blue

"not a massive home drinker so have ended up wasting a fair bit"

You can bottle it if you are not going to drink the full Pinter. Carb drop in a bottle and condition for a week before chilling and guzzling!
Pinter home brew system on 15:18 - Sep 16 with 679 viewsSwansea_Blue

Pinter home brew system on 15:07 - Sep 16 by JohnWarksTash

You can bottle it if you are not going to drink the full Pinter. Carb drop in a bottle and condition for a week before chilling and guzzling!

They look very good actually. I'd not heard of them before.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

Pinter home brew system on 15:20 - Sep 16 with 674 viewsJohnWarksTash

I've been pondering it for months but never quite got round to spending the money!

I am now thinking maybe wait until the new version comes out and then see how it's priced and whether it's a huge improvement.....
Pinter home brew system on 15:46 - Sep 16 with 620 viewsZx1988

So if you do that, is it a case of decanting into bottles once the brewing stage has completed, and then let it condition in-bottle with a carb drop?

If you go down that route, what sort of time can the bottles be left for once the initial one week has gone by?

Pinter home brew system on 16:30 - Sep 16 with 587 viewsJohnWarksTash

Pinter home brew system on 15:46 - Sep 16 by Zx1988

So if you do that, is it a case of decanting into bottles once the brewing stage has completed, and then let it condition in-bottle with a carb drop?

If you go down that route, what sort of time can the bottles be left for once the initial one week has gone by?

I think you can either do that, or just bottle what's left after you have drunk your fill...the carb drop re carbonates in secondary fermentation and you can keep it for months just like any other home brew.
Pinter home brew system on 16:41 - Sep 16 with 565 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Can I use an old lemonade bottle, so I can drink it in a bush at the local park and scare the kids?

Asking for a friend.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Pinter home brew system on 16:43 - Sep 16 with 561 viewsJohnWarksTash

Pinter home brew system on 16:41 - Sep 16 by Cheltenham_Blue

Can I use an old lemonade bottle, so I can drink it in a bush at the local park and scare the kids?

Asking for a friend.

Some people do! Make sure you use a bottle previously used for carbonated drinks though otherwise you will end up with a bomb in your hands!

Your friend can join the others old soaks!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024