Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media 08:46 - Sep 22 with 4497 viewsunstableblue

I should caveat that I think the BBC is a force for good but has challenges in news, apart from R4, Newsnight and some news 24.

To the point the BBC, Mail, Express, Telegraph, Sun and Times are really problematic to me. They are blindly supportive of Boris, it’s becoming like Pravda.

Yesterday was a terrible day for Boris. He said on record that a US Trade Deal was simple, was in the “back pocket”, it now looks like it will 2024 or beyond. That’s just part of the massive Brexit lie he span.

This is very damaging, or it should be, to him, but also Britain.

And yet only Sky, Ch4 l, the I and the Guardian told it how it is. The Express was wildly off mark, lauding an ability to join an existing sub optimal pact with Mexico and Canada, not the major set back.

Mrs Unstable queufvfor hours to be seen at a drop in centre, what troublef her was the people in the queue blaming the doctors and NHS, and one saying ‘Boris has a plan to sort this out’ - WTF

But if you look at the front papers - you see why this lying, sleaze ridden buffoon, remains seemingly bullet proof, supported.

Boris is a laughing stock on Capitol Hill and in the White House, take a look. He’s our Trump. This is a factor, and critically the NI border!

What I’ve noted from Boris and Patel is that they smoke screen, they have these tiny things that are of little benefit to UK PLC, and they drip them out - oooooh Australia trade deal. There was a Brexit supporter on here yesterday who was actually quite balanced, but had clearly fallen for this approach.

Come on guys this PM is ridiculous and negative for us. The vaccines were not his frickin success, he indeed his own mad ramblings on them (see below) and indeed 6 EU countries have overtaken and counting. And only Italy and Belgium come close to our deaths per million from Covid; this government bungled the care homes.

Why does he remain above real discontent, why is he in power?!

––/ “Boris Johnson has been criticised after telling a private meeting of Conservative MPs that the UK’s successful Covid-19 vaccination programme was the result of “greed” and “capitalism”.

“The reason we have the vaccine success is because of capitalism, because of greed, my friends,” the UK prime minister said during a Zoom chat with backbenchers from the 1922 Committee.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 18:50 - Sep 22 with 559 viewschicoazul

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 10:26 - Sep 22 by Swansea_Blue

But many only wanted it because they were told it needed to happen through a concerted campaign against the EU. The papers have been full of lies about the EU Johnson for decades and Johnson was a big part of that in his Telegraph days. That's at the core of the concern about media impartiality (or lack of).

This is just brexiters are stupid all over again

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 19:03 - Sep 22 with 541 viewsghostofescobar

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 11:01 - Sep 22 by HARRY10

Take a look at the Speaker of the lower house.

Here is a man who perfectly reflects the obsequious mindset of many of the UK populace.

I half expect the toadying creep to leave the chamber backwards, bowing towards the Tory benchers.

Johnson lies as a matter of course when stood at the dispatch box. Whether through nerves or an inability to 'tough it out' is not exact, but the need to win the moment leads him to spout all manner of shyyte. Stuff that is easily checked, and routinely is shown to be a lie. Yet we never see this latter day Uriah Heep, ever reprimand him.

Much as with the twaddle that is PR, whose adherents have an almost quasi religious belief in its powers. Though as with religion it does not stand up to the most cursory of testing.

The fault lies in there being no accountability. The pile of festering dogshiite that is Farage is/was allowed on Question Time to churn out lie after lie - never once being challenged. The thought, I have been told, is that the odious scumbag would not appear again, leaving the BBC struggling to offer 'balance' given the very shallow pool that is coherent righties.

Starmer should accuse Johnson of lying. If it means he is thrown out of the house for a day, so be it. If he has the evidence then use it. Much as he should encourage his fellow MPs to do likewise, rather than rely on of a supine media to do it.

You can form whatever coalitions you want, but without any backbone, and having a fear of opinion polls, nothing will be achieved

the clips below show how it should be done, and why.

Hear, hear! The biggest problem in this country is not that lying charlatan Johnson, but the complete lack of an effective opposition. There’s so much low hanging fruit…..grab it.

GhostOfEscobar

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 19:32 - Sep 22 with 526 viewsjaykay

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 10:25 - Sep 22 by WeWereZombies

He fooled a lot of people, including Thatcher. I suggest that you are throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

i think thatcher knighted savile but hey ho it wasn't the b.b.c. so its ok

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 20:22 - Sep 22 with 505 viewsWeWereZombies

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 15:57 - Sep 22 by The_Last_Baron

The BBC should have been closed down a long time ago. It would be a very popular decision but will never happen under the present political system. If more people refused to pay the BBC license they would just tax people more using an alternative avenue. The political power the BBC has is immense and completely underestimated by the general public.

Why should the BBC be closed down? And on what do base the idea that it would be a popular decision? C'mon, put a credible set of reasoned arguments together for once instead of just posting hollow soundbites that you have picked up elsewhere.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 20:59 - Sep 22 with 483 viewsSwansea_Blue

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 18:50 - Sep 22 by chicoazul

This is just brexiters are stupid all over again

Only if you don’t appreciate the influence the press have. It’s huge. That’s why Campbell has always said building the relationship with Murdoch was key to Blair’s election successes.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 21:20 - Sep 22 with 472 viewsLord_Lucan

We have a serious problem with Boris and our mainstream media on 16:55 - Sep 22 by Clapham_Junction

People making out that the Express and the Guardian are somehow equivalents is a great example of how broken politics and the media landscape in the UK are.

Not really, I am highlighting bias on both sides.

I see Biden has quite literally sent the cavalry to the border who are actually horse whipping and lassoing border crossers.

If it had been Trump then The Guardian would have gone large on this.

Same same

Same same

Same same

If one can never question things because it doesn't fit in to their narrative then it shows "how broken politics and the media landscape in the UK are"

Edit; By chance I just popped onto a forum which is is frequented by the customers of the industry that I work in. Someone posted an article by a Sarah Butler from the Guardian that is so off the scale untrue I am fecking seething about it. Ms Butler has gone out of her way to find Brexit as the problem that our industry is facing and that is nonsense, in fact she must have gone to great lengths to even find someone to be willing (or unwilling) to suggest this might be the case. This I believe proves what I am saying, I never tire of telling people that I am a remainer - but what really p1sses me off in life are journalists and people who wear their colours so close to their neck that they strangle debate.

I don't think I have ever read such a piece of sh1t in my life and knowing 100% what is going down in my industry proves to me that this column is an absolute disgrace shower of sh1t for biased purposes..

Oh and, Somethingblue if you are lurking - a PM with Ms Butlers email address would be most welcome because it doesn't seem to be readily available. Edit Edit; Don't bother, not that you would. I've found it.

SAME SAME

SAME DISGRACE
[Post edited 22 Sep 2021 22:36]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024