Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Meanwhile, in Australia ... update 09:28 - Sep 23 with 9414 viewsurbanblue

What happens when you try and protest in the world's most livable city

Yesterday ...

Today ...

[Post edited 23 Sep 2021 9:35]
[Redacted] on 17:36 - Sep 26 with 844 viewsvictorywilhappen

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 16:59 - Sep 26 by Lightworker

Its really quite simple. I posted links with clear evidence to some very unjust behaviour being carried out by Police officers. You claimed one was fake and/or edited were later proven to be incorrect.

At that point I had not seen any poor behaviour from protesters that deserved equal attention, only some obviously poor journalism trying to declare every protester as a far right extremist, anti-vaxxer, conspiracy loon. You posted such links and were called out for it by Urban blue, and rightly so.

Now there IS some behaviour from certain protesters that deserves calling out so I have called that out also.

No agenda, no trolling, that is just in your imagination but you can think that if you want, I really couldn't care less.

[Redacted]
Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 17:46 - Sep 26 with 826 viewsLightworker

[Redacted] on 17:36 - Sep 26 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Its false, I have no agenda and it doesn't matter how many times you say it, it still wont be true.

You have been asked to provide evidence so why not just post it? If you post proof of what you are claiming I will edit my original post to reflect that, I said that all along so its really over to you to. I have no problem admitting I am wrong if that is shown to be the case..
[Redacted] on 17:48 - Sep 26 with 810 viewsvictorywilhappen

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 17:46 - Sep 26 by Lightworker

Its false, I have no agenda and it doesn't matter how many times you say it, it still wont be true.

You have been asked to provide evidence so why not just post it? If you post proof of what you are claiming I will edit my original post to reflect that, I said that all along so its really over to you to. I have no problem admitting I am wrong if that is shown to be the case..

[Redacted]
Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 17:58 - Sep 26 with 789 viewseireblue

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 16:05 - Sep 26 by Lightworker

You are making it a touch personal by inferring that I am a conspiracy theorist or an idiot, the attempt at dancing around it is fairly transparent and not nearly as clever as you probably think it is.

Nobody would know if your opinions are interesting or not because you don't appear to ever present any, you are excellent at sitting on the fence whilst talking in riddles though.

I'm sure your opinions and statistical analysis would be of some interest to a poster or two though if only you would give it a try, maybe you should sometime?.

I explicitly mentioned I didn’t think of you as a conspiracy theorist.

Not sure how long you have been on this site, but I haven’t posted much in the last 6 months or so. I have much less time than in previous years.
So your opinion may be formed from limited data.
Be reassured, I have done that sort of posting and been very obviously in a specific field.

And don’t worry, I have explicitly called individuals liars and other things, so I am not worried about being direct.
[Redacted] on 17:58 - Sep 26 with 788 viewsvictorywilhappen

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 17:46 - Sep 26 by Lightworker

[Redacted]
Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 18:12 - Sep 26 with 763 viewsLightworker

[Redacted] on 17:58 - Sep 26 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

You haven't posted any evidence. This is getting really boring now, perhaps you could either post some evidence to back up your claim or let it go. I don't really want to make you my first div listed poster but it is getting very close.
[Redacted] on 18:35 - Sep 26 with 742 viewsvictorywilhappen

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 18:12 - Sep 26 by Lightworker

You haven't posted any evidence. This is getting really boring now, perhaps you could either post some evidence to back up your claim or let it go. I don't really want to make you my first div listed poster but it is getting very close.

[Redacted]
[Redacted] on 18:37 - Sep 26 with 735 viewsvictorywilhappen

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 21:37 - Sep 24 by Lightworker

I will just leave you with the latest from your brave Police officers in Melbourne. Do you really know what is going on out there? Are you sure?

[Redacted]
Login to get fewer ads

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 21:36 - Sep 26 with 620 viewsLightworker

[Redacted] on 18:37 - Sep 26 by victorywilhappen

[Redacted]

Ok, take a deep breath in and then relax, I'm going to break this all down nice and easy for you so that you can understand.

On page 3 you said -

this video is actually a few years old. So i would ask what the outcome was

I then replied on page 4 saying

Do you have any evidence that the video is a few years old? The officer is wearing a mask so it seems a little unlikely, perhaps you could explain further?

To which you replied do some research. i have to catch a train. take care

urbanblue then came in with He doesn't have to do any research. I can confirm that this took place during the first Melbourne lockdown last year and went viral here

So at this point we have established that you were wrong, the video was not 'a few years old' and although not from the recent protests is still relevant to the general theme of Police brutality in Australia against protesters. Following so far? Excellent.

Skip forward to page 6 and we now have a new claim from you -

The total video is 8 minutes long. That was not shown in the clip you posted. That is propaganda via editing the full story.The girl attacked a policewoman and was charged. The officer faced investigation and no charges were brought

I have asked you again for evidence of what you are claiming and you are still banging on about the age of the clip which we have already established, as well as throwing in the usual insults.

So I will ask you again, do you have any evidence of your latest claim, that the girl attacked a policewomen and was charged etc.? Can you post the full 8 minute video so I can review it? If it has clearly been edited to be misleading I will edit my original post, but even then it really doesn't alter the fact that what you can see in the clip from the officer is wrong and unacceptable and therefore relevant to the topic of the thread.
[Redacted] on 22:11 - Sep 26 with 587 viewsvictorywilhappen

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 21:36 - Sep 26 by Lightworker

Ok, take a deep breath in and then relax, I'm going to break this all down nice and easy for you so that you can understand.

On page 3 you said -

Do you have any evidence that the video is a few years old? The officer is wearing a mask so it seems a little unlikely, perhaps you could explain further?

urbanblue then came in with He doesn't have to do any research. I can confirm that this took place during the first Melbourne lockdown last year and went viral here

So at this point we have established that you were wrong, the video was not 'a few years old' and although not from the recent protests is still relevant to the general theme of Police brutality in Australia against protesters. Following so far? Excellent.

The total video is 8 minutes long. That was not shown in the clip you posted. That is propaganda via editing the full story.The girl attacked a policewoman and was charged. The officer faced investigation and no charges were brought

I have asked you again for evidence of what you are claiming and you are still banging on about the age of the clip which we have already established, as well as throwing in the usual insults.

So I will ask you again, do you have any evidence of your latest claim, that the girl attacked a policewomen and was charged etc.? Can you post the full 8 minute video so I can review it? If it has clearly been edited to be misleading I will edit my original post, but even then it really doesn't alter the fact that what you can see in the clip from the officer is wrong and unacceptable and therefore relevant to the topic of the thread.

[Redacted]
Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 22:38 - Sep 26 with 563 viewsBondiBlue

Meanwhile, in Australia ... update on 21:36 - Sep 26 by Lightworker

On page 3 you said -

This is the problem with viewing and sharing short clips like this and basing an argument on them. A 5-second clip is obviously missing the context, no matter what the context is. The irony is that those who base arguments on them tend to also promote the 'lying mainstream media' trope. There are obviously problems with the free press (newscorp australia's recent decision to stop denying climate change for fear of losing advertising revenue was a particularly low moment) but this form of journalism is a step backwards even from that.

Poll: Which would you accept?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024