Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I know I'm a little bit pedantic, but why 17:15 - Oct 1 with 1596 viewsMeadowlark

do all the news channels refer to that criminal (I won't mention his name) as a "serving" police officer? This always seems an unnecessary adjective to me. It is often used when referring to members of the armed forces as well, but surely it is a redundant term?
I can understand "retired" or "ex" if they are no longer "serving," but if they are still employed, that term is implied.

I know it's not important. It's on the same scale as weather forecasters being unable to say "misty" without adding "and murky!"
I know I'm a little bit pedantic, but why on 18:07 - Oct 1 with 1469 viewsIllinoisblue

See also ATM machine

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I know I'm a little bit pedantic, but why on 18:11 - Oct 1 with 1457 viewshoppy

I know I'm a little bit pedantic, but why on 18:07 - Oct 1 by Illinoisblue

See also ATM machine

That's so that people don't mistake them for one of these...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I know I'm a little bit pedantic, but why on 18:14 - Oct 1 with 1434 viewsDarth_Koont

I know I'm a little bit pedantic, but why on 18:11 - Oct 1 by hoppy

That's so that people don't mistake them for one of these...

That was a messy night out.

Pronouns: He/Him

I know I'm a little bit pedantic, but why on 18:18 - Oct 1 with 1422 viewsBasingstokeBlue

See also ATM machine

and “PIN number”.

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

I know I'm a little bit pedantic, but why on 18:40 - Oct 1 with 1376 viewshoppy

I know I'm a little bit pedantic, but why on 18:14 - Oct 1 by Darth_Koont

Regrets when you woke up with one next to you?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

I know I'm a little bit pedantic, but why on 18:40 - Oct 1 with 1379 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

See also ATM machine

The name for that type of behaviour is rather excellent

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAS_syndrome

On a similar note, referring to a footballers partner as a WAG always annoys me, given that makes them a wife and girlfriend
[Post edited 1 Oct 2021 18:48]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I know I'm a little bit pedantic, but why on 21:03 - Oct 1 with 1243 viewsSeablu

I know I'm a little bit pedantic, but why on 18:40 - Oct 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

On a similar note, referring to a footballers partner as a WAG always annoys me, given that makes them a wife and girlfriend

Better than the acronym for wife OR girlfriend, I’d imagine…
I expect John Terry used to fly both out.
I know I'm a little bit pedantic, but why on 21:05 - Oct 1 with 1239 viewsSeablu

Spits & spats of rain always does my nut in as well.
Weather forecasts for 5 year olds.
Login to get fewer ads

I know I'm a little bit pedantic, but why on 23:36 - Oct 1 with 1058 viewsChurchman

I know I'm a little bit pedantic, but why on 18:14 - Oct 1 by Darth_Koont

I always thought those Star Wars things were a bit rubbish. All you needed was a bit of twine round it’s legs and it was all over. A Tiger Tank is what you need - though not in this rotten country as there’s no fuel for it.
I know I'm a little bit pedantic, but why on 09:01 - Oct 2 with 902 viewsLevelTheLand

I believe it is to drive home the point that he was serving at the time of the crime. From what I have read, reports earlier this week were referring to him as an ex-police officer, which (quite rightly) was being called out by people as he has only become an ex-police officer as a result of his crimes.
I know I'm a little bit pedantic, but why on 10:58 - Oct 2 with 807 viewsblue62

I know I'm a little bit pedantic, but why on 09:01 - Oct 2 by LevelTheLand

I believe it is to drive home the point that he was serving at the time of the crime. From what I have read, reports earlier this week were referring to him as an ex-police officer, which (quite rightly) was being called out by people as he has only become an ex-police officer as a result of his crimes.

Maybe he should just be an ex human. Doesn’t deserve to be kept at tax payers expense for the next 30 - 40 years. But I don’t think he will last that long inside.
I know I'm a little bit pedantic, but why on 20:18 - Oct 3 with 678 viewsWicksy

I know I'm a little bit pedantic, but why on 18:40 - Oct 1 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

The acronym for 'wife or girlfriend' isn't really acceptable in these enlightened times!

The cars in the churchyard Were shiny and German Distinctly at odds with The theme of the sermon

I know I'm a little bit pedantic, but why on 20:49 - Oct 3 with 630 viewsCrawfordsboot

Is it possible to be “a little bit pedantic “ ? 🤔
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024