Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New Manager 10:40 - Oct 4 with 1269 viewsBlueOsterClub

10 Points from 10 games is not good enough. Is Paul Cook a one trick Pony? The jury is defiantly out!

If we did replace him who could we get?

Frank Lampard?

George Burley with Butcher as assistant.

Eddie Howe

Jose Mourinho

Frank Yallop

Tony Pullis

Terry French with Mick Mills as his assistant.

Sam Alladice to get us out of this division although I don't like the Bolton connection.

Thiery Henry

There must be several better options but my choice from the above list would be Frank Lampard

New Manager on 11:28 - Oct 4 with 1182 viewsFixed_It

I'm glad the jury is defiant. Hopefully they'll ignore the people who want more change and a revolving door approach.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

New Manager on 11:41 - Oct 4 with 1154 viewsbobbyramsey

I'm glad you're not in control....
New Manager on 11:44 - Oct 4 with 1134 viewsStirlingArcher

this is why we aren't allowed nice things
New Manager on 11:45 - Oct 4 with 1128 viewsTractorCam

More chance of Frank Bruno.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

New Manager on 11:50 - Oct 4 with 1092 viewsitfcsuth

I'm not sure he can classed as a one trick pony when he has had success at 3 different clubs. There is no doubt it has been a poor start to the season, no one can paper over that, but 10 games feels such a short time to me still to begin what is defined as a long term project.

Frank Lampard in League 1, not going to happen, and really think people need a slight reality check if they begin to suggest names such as his, Chris Wilder & Eddie Howe.
New Manager on 11:52 - Oct 4 with 1073 viewsJammyDodgerrr

What a ridiculous list of names.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

New Manager on 11:56 - Oct 4 with 1062 viewshype313

POTD, just for the comedy aspect of putting Jose Mourhino in the same list as Frank Yallop.

Good work.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

New Manager on 12:05 - Oct 4 with 1010 viewsKeno

New Manager on 11:56 - Oct 4 by hype313

POTD, just for the comedy aspect of putting Jose Mourhino in the same list as Frank Yallop.

Good work.

I understand we could be in Jose Yallop who is on the coaching staff at Club de Fútbol América S.A. de C.V. and if the rumours are true he could be bringing his good friend currently nearing the end of his playing career with with giovani dos santos

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Login to get fewer ads

New Manager on 12:14 - Oct 4 with 983 viewsIP4_Blue

This has to be a wind up
New Manager on 17:41 - Oct 4 with 857 viewsBlueOsterClub

New Manager on 12:14 - Oct 4 by IP4_Blue

This has to be a wind up

Most of the names on the list are a wind up.

I am on the fence with Paul Cooke so not totally wanting him replaced all though if he did go I would understand it.

It will be very interesting who the next manager will be whenever that is.

Frank Lampard was close to coming in before he went to Derby and we are a very good project now.
New Manager on 18:11 - Oct 4 with 828 viewsstrikalite

Chris Wilder would sort us out....
New Manager on 18:11 - Oct 4 with 827 viewsBlueOsterClub

New Manager on 11:50 - Oct 4 by itfcsuth

I'm not sure he can classed as a one trick pony when he has had success at 3 different clubs. There is no doubt it has been a poor start to the season, no one can paper over that, but 10 games feels such a short time to me still to begin what is defined as a long term project.

Frank Lampard in League 1, not going to happen, and really think people need a slight reality check if they begin to suggest names such as his, Chris Wilder & Eddie Howe.

One trick Pony is referring to always playing with the same formation and not being able to see when it's not working and being able to change it when necessary .

When we were champions of England in 61/62 it was the use of wing backs that was a huge part of this but as teams got used to this we were relegated a couple of seasons later.

The formation needs to change sometimes or be more fluid.
New Manager on 18:16 - Oct 4 with 812 viewspositivity

New Manager on 18:11 - Oct 4 by strikalite

Chris Wilder would sort us out....

so would pep guardiola!

in all seriousness, chris wilder is seen as a plan a only manager too...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

New Manager on 18:23 - Oct 4 with 792 viewsBlueOsterClub

New Manager on 11:56 - Oct 4 by hype313

Good work.

Thank You

Glad someone could spot the humour intended. One name in the list is a friend of mine.
New Manager on 18:45 - Oct 4 with 757 viewsrgp1

New Manager on 11:28 - Oct 4 by Fixed_It

I'm glad the jury is defiant. Hopefully they'll ignore the people who want more change and a revolving door approach.

Watford have a revolving door powered by a jet engine. Its got them to 15th in the Premier league. Unfortunately too many bed wetters think that a manager who's won 6 games in 28 is some kind of messiah!
New Manager on 19:06 - Oct 4 with 724 viewspositivity

New Manager on 18:45 - Oct 4 by rgp1

Watford have a revolving door powered by a jet engine. Its got them to 15th in the Premier league. Unfortunately too many bed wetters think that a manager who's won 6 games in 28 is some kind of messiah!

leeds had the same policy, which took them down to league one. changed the policy to a more patient one and got up to the premier league.

it's easy to find examples either way!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

New Manager on 19:09 - Oct 4 with 707 viewsstrikalite

New Manager on 18:16 - Oct 4 by positivity

so would pep guardiola!

in all seriousness, chris wilder is seen as a plan a only manager too...

"I don't think sometimes we got the credit we deserved. We were perceived as hard-working, working-class, getting our hands dirty. I'm proud to have that but I think the way we played, the way we treated the players, the sports science, we did that."

He rejects the idea of his innovative 3-5-2 system going stale - "I've coached all different shapes and systems. I think it's quite lazy that you get talked about in terms of the system getting sussed,
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024