Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... 16:26 - Oct 17 with 2757 viewsNthsuffolkblue

and that there will be protests too.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 21:29 - Oct 17 with 892 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 18:22 - Oct 17 by Oldboy

One of their supporters is in hospital after a suspected heart attack. Fans and players raised the alarm and both teams medical personnel ran to give assistance.
Puts things into perspective.

This is true.

But Jamal Khashoggi is dead and many of those who oppose the Saudi regime are either dead or in far worse places than a UK hospital.

I wish the Newcastle fan a speedy and full recovery.

However, due to their owners, I wish Newcastle FC every failure until they leave. I actually would like to see nodge register their only 2 wins of the season against them and finish above them on a single-digit total. I do not think I could support ITFC if we were run by the same people and that really is going some.

It is not up to me to say what a NUFC fan should think and do, but every right-minded football fan should be opposed to this group.

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 23:24 - Oct 17 with 841 viewsIwasthere

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 21:29 - Oct 17 by Nthsuffolkblue

This is true.

But Jamal Khashoggi is dead and many of those who oppose the Saudi regime are either dead or in far worse places than a UK hospital.

I wish the Newcastle fan a speedy and full recovery.

However, due to their owners, I wish Newcastle FC every failure until they leave. I actually would like to see nodge register their only 2 wins of the season against them and finish above them on a single-digit total. I do not think I could support ITFC if we were run by the same people and that really is going some.

It is not up to me to say what a NUFC fan should think and do, but every right-minded football fan should be opposed to this group.

The Newcastle fans didn't protest and you wish them failure. How patronising of you to wish the fan a speedy recovery!
So much for compassion and you chastise bigots, Get rea,rl grow up and realise we are talking football and not your left wing politics.
Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 02:06 - Oct 18 with 806 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 17:01 - Oct 17 by homer_123

So, we are revelling in Newcastle losing at home after a recent take over by investors.

Hmmmm.......the irony of Town fans lauding it over Newcastle is not lost on me.

Sorry but you’ve totally missed the point.

Our owners don’t openly torture people for being gay, murder people for being journalists and rape women for being second class citizens.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 08:01 - Oct 18 with 749 viewsElephantintheRoom

Spurs are owned by an offshore tax avoider. By depriving the exchequer of countless millions over many years you could argue they have more blood on their hands than the Saudi Boys - in Plague Island's Covid holocaust alone.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 09:37 - Oct 18 with 732 viewsIwasthere

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 02:06 - Oct 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Sorry but you’ve totally missed the point.

Our owners don’t openly torture people for being gay, murder people for being journalists and rape women for being second class citizens.

Here speakth the the great horse racing supporter. Ask yourself who owns the most valuable hores and pump millions into the sport. Surely it can be those murderous Arabs?
Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 09:50 - Oct 18 with 723 viewsWeWereZombies

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 09:37 - Oct 18 by Iwasthere

Here speakth the the great horse racing supporter. Ask yourself who owns the most valuable hores and pump millions into the sport. Surely it can be those murderous Arabs?

Not all Arab regimes are as regressive as those currently in power in Saudi Arabia, and it is worth bearing in mind that Jamal Khashoggi was also a Saudi; one who believed in women's equality, free speech and who criticised Saudi involvement in Yemen:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jamal_Khashoggi

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 09:50 - Oct 18 with 724 viewsjayessess

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 23:24 - Oct 17 by Iwasthere

The Newcastle fans didn't protest and you wish them failure. How patronising of you to wish the fan a speedy recovery!
So much for compassion and you chastise bigots, Get rea,rl grow up and realise we are talking football and not your left wing politics.

Is it just "left-wing politics" when you oppose murderous autocrats? I thought it was just having a basic sense of ethics?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 10:07 - Oct 18 with 711 viewsIwasthere

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 09:50 - Oct 18 by jayessess

Is it just "left-wing politics" when you oppose murderous autocrats? I thought it was just having a basic sense of ethics?

It depends on what side of the fence you sit on. Freedom Fighters v Terrorists, Arabs v Jews, Gaurdian v The Mail, Fashists v Comminists etc. etc. The left verses the right, so when we can agree that we are often biased and prejudiced with our views the debates will continue with no agreement.
Login to get fewer ads

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 10:12 - Oct 18 with 708 viewsjayessess

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 10:07 - Oct 18 by Iwasthere

It depends on what side of the fence you sit on. Freedom Fighters v Terrorists, Arabs v Jews, Gaurdian v The Mail, Fashists v Comminists etc. etc. The left verses the right, so when we can agree that we are often biased and prejudiced with our views the debates will continue with no agreement.

Does it depend on those things? I would've thought we could all agree that the regime in Riyadh is abhorrent.

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 12:43 - Oct 18 with 680 viewsIwasthere

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 10:12 - Oct 18 by jayessess

Does it depend on those things? I would've thought we could all agree that the regime in Riyadh is abhorrent.

Why is the World Cup being held in Qatar? A country continually being associated with human rights abuse, no doubt you will not watch it in protest. I am not denying the abuse but pointing out that it happens world wide and we tend to make judgements based often on prejudice. Afghans, ethnic cleansing in Africa, Iranian people being abused and murdered daily. Do we blame people or countries, why are there not international arrest warrants out for the perpetrators. Quite obviously the world is corrupt and the high and powerful gain from these situations.
Going back to the original post I have no problem with Newcastle and wish them well.
Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 12:57 - Oct 18 with 675 viewsjayessess

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 12:43 - Oct 18 by Iwasthere

Why is the World Cup being held in Qatar? A country continually being associated with human rights abuse, no doubt you will not watch it in protest. I am not denying the abuse but pointing out that it happens world wide and we tend to make judgements based often on prejudice. Afghans, ethnic cleansing in Africa, Iranian people being abused and murdered daily. Do we blame people or countries, why are there not international arrest warrants out for the perpetrators. Quite obviously the world is corrupt and the high and powerful gain from these situations.
Going back to the original post I have no problem with Newcastle and wish them well.

It is possible to be opposed to all human rights abuses everywhere and to the global political economy that sustains and enables that violence.

You can also try, as far as you can, to act in ways that avoid being complicit in that violence. Such efforts will never be perfect, but will be better for the world than your moral nihilism.

And, yes, I will be boycotting the upcoming World Cup.

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 17:16 - Oct 18 with 649 viewsCols21

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 17:12 - Oct 17 by Iwasthere

At least Newcastle are not supported by the plastic fans of MU or Liverpool.
Just get on your self righteous podium and not question the other money laundering owners of other clubs.
Newcastle fans deserve a team to compete with the best and good luck to them.

Why do they deserve a team to compete? Why more so than anyone else?

Also, other owners aren't comparable in any way to the Saudi regime. It's pure ignorance to even imply it. No other owners are signing off on new players on the same desk they sign off on the murder of a journalist or the bombing of a Yemeni school bus....
Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 17:19 - Oct 18 with 649 viewsCols21

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 17:29 - Oct 17 by Iwasthere

Just accept the world is full of corrupt and evil people, some we know like the Russians. What about the evils of gambling and the low life who make millions from other people's misery. All trying to be respectable under the Premier League.
Just don't judge the fans by the owners.

Can we judge the fans by the owners when they actively campaigned for them to be the owners and then gave them a rapturous welcome on their arrival?

The whole thing stinks to high heaven.
Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 17:21 - Oct 18 with 650 viewsCols21

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 18:22 - Oct 17 by Oldboy

One of their supporters is in hospital after a suspected heart attack. Fans and players raised the alarm and both teams medical personnel ran to give assistance.
Puts things into perspective.

That frustrated me too. Life and death is more important than football said the pundits. Why does that not apply when wilfully ignoring all the Saudi atrocities because they may bankroll you to a few footy trophies?
Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 20:51 - Oct 18 with 622 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Wow!

"Left wing politics".

Just wow!

it is OK for right wing supporters to support flagrant human rights abuses.

Wow!

That explains your position well.

Any right wing supporters want to call you out on this or is this really the policy of the right?

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 21:16 - Oct 18 with 607 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 20:51 - Oct 18 by Nthsuffolkblue

Wow!

"Left wing politics".

Just wow!

it is OK for right wing supporters to support flagrant human rights abuses.

Wow!

That explains your position well.

Any right wing supporters want to call you out on this or is this really the policy of the right?

I guess that is a no then.

All the right wing supporters on here at the moment are happy with human rights abuses. It is left wing to oppose them.

Wow!

Hoping for a big win for Tottenham ... on 20:46 - Oct 20 with 529 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Still no one with right wing views or even centrists wish to take issue with human rights being "left wing politics"?

Is it really left wing to care about human rights abuses?

Perhaps a right wing supporter could explain why human rights abuse is OK. Genuinely curious and amazed there hasn't been a lot of centrists/right of centre supporters take issue with this.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024