Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todays the day for a statement win 10:47 - Oct 19 with 2229 viewsnodge_blue

Beating Portsmouth away would be a big win for us right now. Especially under floodlights with noisy home support.

Somehow this side has to find that balance of flair and steel to start putting teams away. We cant go on much longer with this one step forward and one back all the time.

We have all seen patches where we look very good. Thats the annoying thing. Its hard to fathom how we can go from having strangle holds over opponents to letting them fully back into the match.

I think we need a bit more physicality up the pitch too. Somehow get Pigott alongside Bonne. I wouldn't start with Fraser or Celina either who I think are both a little physically light. Id play Chaplin for his energy. Burns instead of Aluko. Morsey and Evans. Maybe more of a diamond midfield. Full backs would have to push on.

And Id pump them all up to go out there and fight for it!

The shape won't happen I know.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2021 10:57]

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Todays the day for a statement win on 12:50 - Oct 19 with 542 viewsN2_Blue

I really want to believe but a windy tues night at Fratton park, can't see much other than a 2-0 defeat here.

They need a win as much as we do and we are very fragile away from home. If we can't impose ourselves at the Abbey i have no idea how we are going to do it at fratton Park

If we can get anything I'd take it. A defeat and surely the club are considering this isn't working and is showing no signs of doing so.

Poll: Is it now time to sack Paul Cook?

Todays the day for a statement win on 13:04 - Oct 19 with 517 viewsGarv

Todays the day for a statement win on 12:50 - Oct 19 by N2_Blue

I really want to believe but a windy tues night at Fratton park, can't see much other than a 2-0 defeat here.

They need a win as much as we do and we are very fragile away from home. If we can't impose ourselves at the Abbey i have no idea how we are going to do it at fratton Park

If we can get anything I'd take it. A defeat and surely the club are considering this isn't working and is showing no signs of doing so.

Not drawn a blank all season and scored 2 goals 7 times. 2-0 seems a bit pessimistic, no?

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Todays the day for a statement win on 13:36 - Oct 19 with 489 viewsmonty_radio

When we beat Villa away to overtake them at the top in '81 it seemed a "statement win".

Unfortunately, then muffing it against Norwich and Middlesborough proved it was no such thing.

Four 1-0 wins in a row, however, would be a better statement.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Todays the day for a statement win on 15:09 - Oct 19 with 441 viewsDavoIPB

Todays the day for a statement win on 12:23 - Oct 19 by nodge_blue

I think Burns hasn't let us down. Has the pace on the break and has also scored goals. Still think he starts ahead imo.

Evans I think needs to continue. He scored that hat trick. He needs a good run alongside Morsey.

Burns has been our best player (apart from Bonne maybe) especially in creating opportunities. He did pick up a knock in the doncaster game though which maybe why he wasn't used so much last game. Once again though we are overloaded with quality players in just a few positions on the pitch. Need to start getting some quality in defence.
Todays the day for a statement win on 15:11 - Oct 19 with 437 viewsMetal_Hacker

I'm usually quite upbeat which is probably why I'm doing so sh1t with the prediction league but tonight I can't see anything other than a defeat

Hope I'm wrong

2-1

Poll: If it were one or the other

Todays the day for a statement win on 15:24 - Oct 19 with 429 viewsN2_Blue

Todays the day for a statement win on 13:04 - Oct 19 by Garv

Not drawn a blank all season and scored 2 goals 7 times. 2-0 seems a bit pessimistic, no?

Maybe, guess we'll see in a few hours but it's the first time this season I've expected us to lose.

We're due a blank at some point and can't see anything in the GK and defence that thinks we are going to stop conceding these awful goals.

We've lost our last 5 to Portsmouth and unfortunately I just see a rather comfortable 2 goal defeat.

Todays the day for a statement win on 17:18 - Oct 19 with 364 viewsKeaneish

Big game this one. Pompey’s rubbish form versus our rubbish away form. Curtis vs Donacien will be interesting. En route now in what I hope will be a dominant display from Morsy steering us to a 2-nil win.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Todays the day for a statement win on 18:48 - Oct 19 with 305 viewsjas0999

Statement win? No. It’s a game we ought to win against a very average Portsmouth side.
Login to get fewer ads

Todays the day for a statement win on 19:05 - Oct 19 with 296 viewsBurns7

Even if he wins tonight, we have chucked away this season, he's still got to go for me. Not good enough.
Todays the day for a statement win on 21:13 - Oct 19 with 273 viewsnodge_blue

Incoming 🙂

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

Todays the day for a statement win on 21:21 - Oct 19 with 242 viewsN2_Blue

Todays the day for a statement win on 21:13 - Oct 19 by nodge_blue

Incoming 🙂

Not sure it is a statement win, Portsmouth have lost 7 of 9 but its a very needed win and good that we are actually playing a 2nd half for once!

Much needed and unexpected from my pre-match pessimism but we must kick on.

Todays the day for a statement win on 21:26 - Oct 19 with 220 viewsSwansea_Blue

Todays the day for a statement win on 18:48 - Oct 19 by jas0999

Statement win? No. It’s a game we ought to win against a very average Portsmouth side.

Yeah, they seem to be in freefall. Plymouth will be a much better indicator of where we're at.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024