Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A lot of talk on how we must buy Bonne. 12:05 - Oct 20 with 664 viewsOriginalMarkyP

And I certainly hope we do, as his goals are vital and his energy and love for the club are genuinely infectous.

But a question and one I wouldn't profess to know the answer to.

Will he be as effective in the Champ against tighter defenses and better keepers?

A lot of his goals have come from pisspoor marking in the box and keeper mistakes.

I think he will be fine. But part of me wonders if we are seeing the absolute best of him right now, and a 'must have at all costs' strategy might blow up in our faces if he can't hit the heights in the Champ.

Just to clear before all the down votes, I think he would still continue to score for us at a higher level (albeit with less frequency) but wonder if we did go up, we might want to be investing the big money in a tried and tested Champ striker.

Like I said I don't know the answer, just interested if someone with a better eye for a striker than me has an opinion, that's all.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2021 12:06]

Poll: After our 7 goal thrashing of Needham should we?
Blog: Sounds Better in a Song

A lot of talk on how we must buy Bonne. on 12:08 - Oct 20 with 625 viewsjayessess

You never know how players are going to get on at different levels, but Bonne scored 11 goals in 26 starts for Charlton last time he was playing regularly at that level.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

A lot of talk on how we must buy Bonne. on 12:09 - Oct 20 with 610 viewshype313

A lot of talk on how we must buy Bonne. on 12:08 - Oct 20 by jayessess

You never know how players are going to get on at different levels, but Bonne scored 11 goals in 26 starts for Charlton last time he was playing regularly at that level.

And given QPR dropped 6 figures on him, then yes, I think he could do a job in the Championship.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

A lot of talk on how we must buy Bonne. on 13:23 - Oct 20 with 467 viewsBlueBlood90

He seems the type of striker that will score goals provided that he is given the required service and thrives off playing for the club.

Also the goalkeeper mistakes in which he's scored should not be undervalued either. He only made/scored those goals because he never gave up putting them under pressure when almost any other striker would've done.

Poll: Do you think we have a stronger squad this season or last season?

A lot of talk on how we must buy Bonne. on 13:29 - Oct 20 with 449 viewsVic

I posted similar on another thread. I guess we won’t know ‘till it happens, but my gut says that there will be better options if/when we get promoted.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

A lot of talk on how we must buy Bonne. on 13:31 - Oct 20 with 436 viewswkj

Bonne is much more likely to perform in the Championship than Norwood and Jackson. Heads on straight, works hard, youth on his side.

Jury still out on Pigott

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

A lot of talk on how we must buy Bonne. on 13:32 - Oct 20 with 428 viewshoppy

A lot of talk on how we must buy Bonne. on 12:08 - Oct 20 by jayessess

That's not too shoddy a return.

It's not just his goals though, he seems to have a clever tenacity about him too, not to give up on lost causes, terrorising the keeper etc.

As an aside, how far would it have been thought someone like Jamie Vardy would go when playing at a lower level - probably expected his ceiling to be far lower than he's achieved, so can certainly be done.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024