Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… 17:19 - Oct 30 with 2797 viewsSwailsey

Moan-ahoy.

Life is exhausting enough. This place is unbearably negative. Get some perspective.

Some time away for a bit I think.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2021 17:23]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 19:10 - Oct 30 with 646 views3_5_2

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:35 - Oct 30 by DanTheMan

Echo this. Our poor start means we can't really afford to be dropping loads of points to those in the top 8 or so.

Hoping that without the injuries we're going to look better, and Cook won't have another Coulson brainfart as I just cannot understand that selection.

Out of everything that happened today, playing Coulsden there was baffling

Drop Penney now and play our better LB on Tuesday

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 20:37 - Oct 30 with 558 viewsericclacton

We should be beating bloody Plymouth, that's what i think.

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 20:38 - Oct 30 with 548 viewswkj

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 20:37 - Oct 30 by ericclacton

We should be beating bloody Plymouth, that's what i think.

I would prefer it if we were battering them when the chips are down.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 20:39 - Oct 30 with 538 viewsericclacton

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 20:38 - Oct 30 by wkj

I would prefer it if we were battering them when the chips are down.

Me too.
Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 20:42 - Oct 30 with 525 viewsMarkoW1

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 18:56 - Oct 30 by wkj

I see your point, but our injuries dismantled our entire right wing - we really missed the synergy of Donacien and Burns today - Coulson would likely have played instead of Penney had the RB spot been covered.

I’d start Piggott next game too, Bonne missed 3 chances today but he’s still loved
Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 20:43 - Oct 30 with 518 viewswkj

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 20:42 - Oct 30 by MarkoW1

I’d start Piggott next game too, Bonne missed 3 chances today but he’s still loved

It's a tough one really, as i don't think Bonne deserves to be dropped, but I certainly don't think Pigott deserves to be a sub at the level either.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 20:43 - Oct 30 with 513 viewsITFCBlues

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:55 - Oct 30 by jayessess

I'm sure that was the thinking. But not sure why you'd need to worry about Woolfy down the right when he's naturally a defender, has played right back before and the opposition are playing without wingers anyway?

The opposition has wing backs and their main threat all season has been their left hand side which I guess explains his concerns.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 20:47 - Oct 30 with 507 viewsHerbivore

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:34 - Oct 30 by Churchman

Time away for me too.

The reality is that we played the in form league leaders, we were competitive and could have got something from the game. My fear was that we wouldn’t be. The team is gradually improving.

I had hoped we’d be further forward with such easy fixtures at the start of the season, but we are where we are. I’ve always thought give Cook until October and I think he’s done enough to be retained until the end of the season now.

Will we get auto promotion? Highly unlikely. Play offs? Very possible.

20 points from a kind opening third of the season is enough for you to think Cook should be given the whole season? I struggle with that view to be honest. He needs a bit more time but we're still seeing recurring issues in terms of not being able to hold on to leads and giving poor goals away at key times. We've lost 4 of 7 away from home and aside from smashing Pompey there's been a worryingly familiar pattern away from home all season. With some tough away games coming up we could soon be facing a big uphill struggle to stay in the play off picture, with the autos already looking the faintsst of faint hopes now. If we stutter and stumble along for too much longer, demonstrating many of the same faults, I don't see why Cook would be given the rest of the season. Let's hope we bounce back on Tuesday, we need to.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 21:44 - Oct 30 with 419 viewsChurchman

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 20:47 - Oct 30 by Herbivore

20 points from a kind opening third of the season is enough for you to think Cook should be given the whole season? I struggle with that view to be honest. He needs a bit more time but we're still seeing recurring issues in terms of not being able to hold on to leads and giving poor goals away at key times. We've lost 4 of 7 away from home and aside from smashing Pompey there's been a worryingly familiar pattern away from home all season. With some tough away games coming up we could soon be facing a big uphill struggle to stay in the play off picture, with the autos already looking the faintsst of faint hopes now. If we stutter and stumble along for too much longer, demonstrating many of the same faults, I don't see why Cook would be given the rest of the season. Let's hope we bounce back on Tuesday, we need to.

Primarily because who are we going to replace him with? Are we prepared to accept another churn of players with a new manager? I think it unlikely we will make the top six because we are not good enough. All the excuses in the world cannot mask your point of 4 defeats away from home - or the hiding by Bolton at home. Any team organised against our lot pretty much gets a minimum of a point. We are easy to play against.

If Cook is sacked Monday I’ll greet it with a shrug and agree that he deserved it. I am contradicting myself I know, but I cannot see what is to be gained by replacing him now. Who would we bring in that would improve things enough to make us competitive in the remainder of the season?

I do think they should look for a replacement now on the basis they are brought in say March when promotion is out of the question. However, I have a feeling there’s life in Cook yet and we might still go on a run at some point, but not Tuesday where a point would be an achievement. Sadly, it’s where we are.
Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 23:43 - Oct 30 with 346 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 17:35 - Oct 30 by DanTheMan

Echo this. Our poor start means we can't really afford to be dropping loads of points to those in the top 8 or so.

Hoping that without the injuries we're going to look better, and Cook won't have another Coulson brainfart as I just cannot understand that selection.

Coulson on the left May just have worked! Look how good Edwards was on the right!
Then penny and Coulson could have switched to keep the pace up down the left when the other was catching their breath.
But PC couldn’t explain that to Celina or fans.
Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 23:53 - Oct 30 with 336 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 21:44 - Oct 30 by Churchman

Primarily because who are we going to replace him with? Are we prepared to accept another churn of players with a new manager? I think it unlikely we will make the top six because we are not good enough. All the excuses in the world cannot mask your point of 4 defeats away from home - or the hiding by Bolton at home. Any team organised against our lot pretty much gets a minimum of a point. We are easy to play against.

If Cook is sacked Monday I’ll greet it with a shrug and agree that he deserved it. I am contradicting myself I know, but I cannot see what is to be gained by replacing him now. Who would we bring in that would improve things enough to make us competitive in the remainder of the season?

I do think they should look for a replacement now on the basis they are brought in say March when promotion is out of the question. However, I have a feeling there’s life in Cook yet and we might still go on a run at some point, but not Tuesday where a point would be an achievement. Sadly, it’s where we are.

Now which players are here for pc and back room staff.

Morsey
Chaplin
Walton
Evans - maybe more

All the scouse staff
Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 00:55 - Oct 31 with 312 viewsquad

Beaten by leaders, loads of injuries… on 21:44 - Oct 30 by Churchman

I think most of us agree with this and it's a good summary. Not sure a point on Tuesday would be an achievement though and I think we're capable of winning there (though we probably won't in all honesty).

But what would bringing a new manager in achieve? Personally I think there is more chance of Cook turning it around than another manager coming in and hitting the ground running, so I think to a point we've got no choice but to put up with the disappointing results. What's your view on that Herb? How long would you give Cook if it doesn't improve? Who the hell would we replace him with?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024