Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keane still has a bit of bite left in him 12:21 - Nov 7 with 2129 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Keane still has a bit of bite left in him on 12:49 - Nov 7 with 1975 viewsIllinoisblue

I quite like him now he’s no longer ruining our club

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Keane still has a bit of bite left in him on 12:50 - Nov 7 with 1973 viewstimothyeo

Keane still has a bit of bite left in him on 12:49 - Nov 7 by Illinoisblue

Kind of how I feel. Keep him away from Ipswich and he's pretty entertaining
Keane still has a bit of bite left in him on 12:53 - Nov 7 with 1961 viewspointofblue

Keane still has a bit of bite left in him on 12:49 - Nov 7 by Illinoisblue

His assessment of Manchester United’s state at the moment speaks volumes of why he failed here - all on the players; tactics and coaching do not come into it whatsoever.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Keane still has a bit of bite left in him on 13:09 - Nov 7 with 1885 viewsIllinoisblue

Keane still has a bit of bite left in him on 12:53 - Nov 7 by pointofblue

His assessment of Manchester United’s state at the moment speaks volumes of why he failed here - all on the players; tactics and coaching do not come into it whatsoever.

Yes, beyond “passion and showing some fight” he doesn’t offer a lot of insight. Good entertainment though.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Keane still has a bit of bite left in him on 13:23 - Nov 7 with 1830 viewstextbackup

Keane still has a bit of bite left in him on 12:53 - Nov 7 by pointofblue

For me, someone who was that good of a player, and gave his all, just simply can’t understand lesser players and those that are half hearted.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Keane still has a bit of bite left in him on 13:30 - Nov 7 with 1800 viewspointofblue

Keane still has a bit of bite left in him on 13:23 - Nov 7 by textbackup

For me, someone who was that good of a player, and gave his all, just simply can’t understand lesser players and those that are half hearted.

Though he was always managed by superb managers, probably to an extent that they barely needed to do anything because they always understood their role and approach. He was never managed by someone who was slightly out of their depth or needed to mould a squad in their image over time.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Keane still has a bit of bite left in him on 15:14 - Nov 7 with 1628 viewsronnyd

Keane still has a bit of bite left in him on 13:30 - Nov 7 by pointofblue

Though he was always managed by superb managers, probably to an extent that they barely needed to do anything because they always understood their role and approach. He was never managed by someone who was slightly out of their depth or needed to mould a squad in their image over time.

McCarthy at RoI perhaps?
Keane still has a bit of bite left in him on 15:18 - Nov 7 with 1619 viewsbazza

Keane still has a bit of bite left in him on 13:23 - Nov 7 by textbackup

Spot on..
Login to get fewer ads

Keane still has a bit of bite left in him on 15:42 - Nov 7 with 1555 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Surprised to see Mick McCarthy getting Keanes autograph!!

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Keane still has a bit of bite left in him on 16:37 - Nov 7 with 1418 viewstextbackup

Keane still has a bit of bite left in him on 15:14 - Nov 7 by ronnyd

McCarthy at RoI perhaps?

Exactly. Hence the bust up

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Keane still has a bit of bite left in him on 17:40 - Nov 7 with 1293 viewsRomeo4

He’s good value on the telly these days. Can’t see he will ever make a success in management. He can’t abide players who aren’t as good as he was. So bearing in mind he was one of the best players I’ve ever seen I don’t think he will find many who he can abide!
Keane still has a bit of bite left in him on 20:43 - Nov 7 with 1083 viewsstrikalite

Keano superb here...."why are you playing Fred"

[Post edited 7 Nov 2021 21:05]
Keane still has a bit of bite left in him on 10:34 - Nov 8 with 685 viewsEireannach_gorm

Keane still has a bit of bite left in him on 16:37 - Nov 7 by textbackup

Exactly. Hence the bust up

Keane was totally wrong to attack McCarthy personally, his beef was supposed to be about the training facilities in Saipan prior to WC2002 which were the FAI's arrangements. Irish team did quite well without him and that is a testimony to Mick's management. Roy of course later works for the FAI as Assistant Coach which turned out well. Great player but crap manager because his confrontational attitude does not work in management
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024