Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA 09:28 - Nov 20 with 3144 viewsunstableblue

Yes I understand by the letter of their twisted state law that he has been acquitted, but come on

He watched black lives matters protests, which were peaceful at the time, and climbed in his car with an assault rifle to drive for a significant amount of time with an assault rifle - AR-15

From the interview with him on the street he is clearly not in a fit state to be in the situation and in charge of such a dangerous weapon

Self defence or protestors scared or angered for their safety and trying to disarm someone - maybe

A scenario where a modern civilised society is allowing unhinged, unsupervised, vigilantes to murder 2 people in a pre-meditated situation- mental and scary
[Post edited 20 Nov 2021 12:18]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Jesus Feckin H Christ… I thought it couldn’t get any worse on 20:11 - Nov 20 with 1035 viewsfactual_blue

Jesus Feckin H Christ… I thought it couldn’t get any worse on 13:32 - Nov 20 by ElderGrizzly

If I was Rittenhouse, i’d be keeping my head low. Not doing a victory tour of right wing TV and Radio.

He has a huge target on him now and you’d expect someone will take the ‘law’ into their own hands with him before the year is out

He's too young to realise that he'll be haunted by what he's done for the rest of his life.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 23:22 - Nov 21 with 944 viewsITFC_History

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 14:29 - Nov 20 by Radlett_blue

I believe the people Rittenhouse killed were unarmed so the self-defence argument is non-existent. THe defence lawyer used the argument that he was protecting others' property (why?) and that he feared for his life. A really bad moment for US justice.

I dont talk about politics to much so forgive me.

One of the people he killed was hitting him with a skateboard. The second person Rittenhouse shot (Gaige Grosskreutz who survived) had pulled a gun out & was aiming it at him. Grosskreutz admitted in court Rittenhouse only shot him once he pointed a gun at him.

Rittenhouse was running towards the police line when he fell to the ground & was then jumped kicked to the face, someone was hitting him in the back of the head with a skateboard whilst another had pulled a gun on him with others in pursuit in attacking him. So to your question two people who he shot was armed. & yes a skateboard can be used as a deadly weapon.
Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 23:27 - Nov 21 with 935 viewsHerbivore

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 23:22 - Nov 21 by ITFC_History

One of the people he killed was hitting him with a skateboard. The second person Rittenhouse shot (Gaige Grosskreutz who survived) had pulled a gun out & was aiming it at him. Grosskreutz admitted in court Rittenhouse only shot him once he pointed a gun at him.

Rittenhouse was running towards the police line when he fell to the ground & was then jumped kicked to the face, someone was hitting him in the back of the head with a skateboard whilst another had pulled a gun on him with others in pursuit in attacking him. So to your question two people who he shot was armed. & yes a skateboard can be used as a deadly weapon.

Skateboard related murders are a like the modern day plague. Barely a day goes by without a skateboard massacre taking place.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 23:27 - Nov 21 with 935 viewsjeera

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 23:22 - Nov 21 by ITFC_History

The first person he killed with his semi-automatic rifle was unarmed.

The second one he killed with his big manly gun was armed with a skateboard.

The third, who was shot and wounded, was armed with a hand gun and would have possibly been within his own rights by then to shoot him dead before he killed anyone else, but failed to do so.

Edited for clarity.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 23:34]

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 23:40 - Nov 21 with 909 viewsJ2BLUE

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 13:26 - Nov 20 by ElderGrizzly

Fecked up. Yes

He’s also a special guest on Tucker Carlson on Monday night and is going to be subject of a Tucker Carlson documentary later in the week.

He’s a hero to the right even more so than before now

Holy sh1t, I was going to say it's like they are trying to stir up trouble but they probably are.

Madness.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 23:42 - Nov 21 with 895 viewsjeera

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 23:40 - Nov 21 by J2BLUE

Holy sh1t, I was going to say it's like they are trying to stir up trouble but they probably are.

Madness.

They make us look relatively normal.

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 23:55 - Nov 21 with 871 viewsITFC_History

Unstableblue - Rittenhouse never watched BLM protest on TV, he also did not climb into a car & drive the journey of 20 mins from where he lived across the state border with a rifle. The Rifle was already there.

Rittenhouse was there most of the day. My issue was the shooting of Rosenbaum.

Rosenbaum was approaching him shouting he was going to kill him. Rtittenhouse repeatedly shouted friendly at him but Rosenbaum kept coming forward at him. It was only when Rosenbaum reached to grab his rifle that Rittenhouse shot him.

[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 0:43]
Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 00:03 - Nov 22 with 845 viewsEnigma_Blue

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 23:27 - Nov 21 by jeera

The third, who was shot and wounded, was armed with a hand gun and would have possibly been within his own rights by then to shoot him dead before he killed anyone else, but failed to do so.

Edited for clarity.

"The first person he killed with his semi-automatic rifle was unarmed. "

He was unarmed but he was chasing after Rittenhouse(who was running away)to attack him. Someone fired a gun into the air just before the first guy attacked him. This heightened anxiety in an already tense situation.

"The second one he killed with his big manly gun was armed with a skateboard. "

Again Rittenhouse was running away. When he tripped one guy tried to jump kick him while the one with the skateboard was wacking him in the head with it.

"The third, who was shot and wounded, was armed with a hand gun and would have possibly been within his own rights by then to shoot him dead before he killed anyone else, but failed to do so."

If he had shot Rittenhouse first it wouldn't have been in self defence as Rittenhouse was lying on the ground and wasn't aiming his gun at him.

The video evidence is clear as day. Under current laws he could not be found anything but not guilty.

Rittenhouse shouldn't have been there and he certainly shouldn't be held up as some sort of hero but if this case highlighted anything it is that the gun laws in the USA need drastically changed.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 0:07]
Login to get fewer ads

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 00:07 - Nov 22 with 817 viewsITFC_History

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 23:27 - Nov 21 by jeera

Edited for clarity.

Rittenhouse told Rosenbaum repeatably Friendly friendly friendly to get him to back off. Rosenbaum never listened. Rosenbaum tried to grab the gun off him after after telling him that he was going to kill him & this is when Rittenhouse shot him. Should Rittenhouse have shot him, no. But Rosembaum should have never gone near him. If this incident never happened the rest of the events that followed would not have happened

But my main problem is what lead up to the second incident. Should he have shot someone hitting him with a skateboard also no, but he obviously started to fear for his life when he saw others running towards him after being jump kicked to the face, hit with a skateboard (which can do some damage, see link below) & some one else was pulling a gun on him.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/homeless-man-armed-with-skateboard-sends-
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 0:15]
Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 00:15 - Nov 22 with 796 viewsjeera

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 00:03 - Nov 22 by Enigma_Blue

"The first person he killed with his semi-automatic rifle was unarmed. "

He was unarmed but he was chasing after Rittenhouse(who was running away)to attack him. Someone fired a gun into the air just before the first guy attacked him. This heightened anxiety in an already tense situation.

"The second one he killed with his big manly gun was armed with a skateboard. "

Again Rittenhouse was running away. When he tripped one guy tried to jump kick him while the one with the skateboard was wacking him in the head with it.

"The third, who was shot and wounded, was armed with a hand gun and would have possibly been within his own rights by then to shoot him dead before he killed anyone else, but failed to do so."

If he had shot Rittenhouse first it wouldn't have been in self defence as Rittenhouse was lying on the ground and wasn't aiming his gun at him.

The video evidence is clear as day. Under current laws he could not be found anything but not guilty.

Rittenhouse shouldn't have been there and he certainly shouldn't be held up as some sort of hero but if this case highlighted anything it is that the gun laws in the USA need drastically changed.
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 0:07]

Here we go already.

I didn't mention self-defence.

You did see what I was correcting there didn't you? The number and the order.

Of course you did. What an enigma indeed.

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 00:23 - Nov 22 with 771 viewsjeera

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 00:07 - Nov 22 by ITFC_History

Rittenhouse told Rosenbaum repeatably Friendly friendly friendly to get him to back off. Rosenbaum never listened. Rosenbaum tried to grab the gun off him after after telling him that he was going to kill him & this is when Rittenhouse shot him. Should Rittenhouse have shot him, no. But Rosembaum should have never gone near him. If this incident never happened the rest of the events that followed would not have happened

But my main problem is what lead up to the second incident. Should he have shot someone hitting him with a skateboard also no, but he obviously started to fear for his life when he saw others running towards him after being jump kicked to the face, hit with a skateboard (which can do some damage, see link below) & some one else was pulling a gun on him.

https://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/homeless-man-armed-with-skateboard-sends-
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 0:15]

Simply correcting the order and numbers.

Not two people shot, but three.

First one unarmed.

Here, in the UK, we have proportional force considered first and foremost. We cannot kill someone just because they chase us.

That anyone is even trying to justify it is insane.

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 00:25 - Nov 22 with 765 viewsITFC_History

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 23:27 - Nov 21 by Herbivore

Skateboard related murders are a like the modern day plague. Barely a day goes by without a skateboard massacre taking place.

No but they can do some damage if you get hit by one
[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 11:17]
Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 00:38 - Nov 22 with 705 viewsITFC_History

Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 00:23 - Nov 22 by jeera

Simply correcting the order and numbers.

Not two people shot, but three.

First one unarmed.

Here, in the UK, we have proportional force considered first and foremost. We cannot kill someone just because they chase us.

That anyone is even trying to justify it is insane.

Rittenhouse did not shot the second or third person because he was merely being chased. He shot them because he on the ground being attacked by them.

I also know three people were shot. Firstly Rosenbaum then the other two (Skateboard & the guy who had his bicep blown off)

As I said earlier I agree with you he shouldn't have shot Rosenbaum even if he was the most evil of scumbags who inflicted heinous crimes on young boys. But not what follows with Grosskreutz. Once he pulled a gun on Rittenhouse he did not give him much of an option.

[Post edited 22 Nov 2021 1:37]
Say what you want about Rittenhouse case… but how fecked up is the USA on 05:44 - Nov 22 with 478 viewsRyorry

Can any of us know how we'd react if we fell to the ground & the 3 angry men who'd been chasing us, yelling, caught up with us & one of them started hitting us with a skateboard over 2 feet long & weighing 4 x more than yer average lump hammer?

I suspect I'd have panicked. Wouldn't have shot anyone though, as there's zero chance I'd have been carrying a gun.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024