Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its November the 21st a few months away from April 11:38 - Nov 21 with 1590 viewsBluearmy71

And yet a bunch of you are reacting like we just missed out on making the top six or automatic promotion because of yeterdays result, we were absolutely robbed by Sunderland as those who were there, listened to it on the radio or watched it on Ifollow will bare witness to, those opinions are based on the full match and not just highlights, Sunderland deserved nothing from yesterdays game, I'm far from happy we lost as are PC, all the players and the majority of us supporters, but that's football!!

Consider this post a down vote to all the usual stupidly negative comments from the same negative people I have read through on here this morning.

You should all be buzzing that MB has basically said lets make a deal happen!!

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 11:42 - Nov 21 with 1277 viewschrismakin

Can we see if his continues to score before we make a decision please.

Also, there's been a good amount of discussion from both sides of the fence, exactly as you'd expect and lots of respectful discussions on either side, there's not really a need for this post but its yours to do as you choose.

I will add tho, we should have scored first half, we didn't. 2nd half we didn't hurt them at all, a draw would have been fair, but if you dont score you deserve to get beat.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 11:48 - Nov 21 with 1257 viewsBluearmy71

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 11:42 - Nov 21 by chrismakin

Also, there's been a good amount of discussion from both sides of the fence, exactly as you'd expect and lots of respectful discussions on either side, there's not really a need for this post but its yours to do as you choose.

I will add tho, we should have scored first half, we didn't. 2nd half we didn't hurt them at all, a draw would have been fair, but if you dont score you deserve to get beat.

Chris take a look at your own posts before dismissing other peoples!!
Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 11:51 - Nov 21 with 1249 viewschrismakin

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 11:48 - Nov 21 by Bluearmy71

Chris take a look at your own posts before dismissing other peoples!!

Who's dismissing anyones? im contributing to yours.

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 11:53 - Nov 21 with 1247 viewsBluearmy71

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 11:51 - Nov 21 by chrismakin

Who's dismissing anyones? im contributing to yours.

Someone else explain it to him please, thanks in advance!!
Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 11:56 - Nov 21 with 1235 viewschrismakin

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 11:53 - Nov 21 by Bluearmy71

Someone else explain it to him please, thanks in advance!!

No interest in discussing Bonne's potential transfer then?

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 12:00 - Nov 21 with 1226 viewsBluearmy71

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 11:56 - Nov 21 by chrismakin

No interest in discussing Bonne's potential transfer then?

Funny you mention that when it suits you to do so!!
Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 12:01 - Nov 21 with 1219 viewschrismakin

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 12:00 - Nov 21 by Bluearmy71

Funny you mention that when it suits you to do so!!

It was part of my first reply.........

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 12:06 - Nov 21 with 1201 viewsBluearmy71

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 12:01 - Nov 21 by chrismakin

It was part of my first reply.........

Oh right. sorry Chris, that must have been your first line, unfortunately it made no sense, I didn't know what you were on about so I ignored it.
Login to get fewer ads

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 12:13 - Nov 21 with 1181 viewsMullet

Just not true is it?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 13:02 - Nov 21 with 1113 viewsBluearmy71

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 12:13 - Nov 21 by Mullet

Just not true is it?

No, it is true, my opinion is Sunderland deserved nothing from yesterdays game.

It is true that in my opinion MB has made a clear lets get a deal done statement to Town.

It is true that most of the negative comments have come from the same people who usually post negative comments.

It is true that some in my opinion have reacted like our season is over in November.

It is true that people who were at yesterdays game or listened to it on the radio or watched the match on Ifollow can form a better overall opinion of the game than those who just watched the highlights, you yourself watched the game and gave a detailed opinion on it in an earlier post, a person who watched the highlights could not have given such a detailed opinion, right??

I'm not quite sure which point you were trying to address with "Just not true is it?" comment but I do hope I have covered it for you.
Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 13:07 - Nov 21 with 1091 viewsbluefunk

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 13:02 - Nov 21 by Bluearmy71

It is true that in my opinion MB has made a clear lets get a deal done statement to Town.

It is true that most of the negative comments have come from the same people who usually post negative comments.

It is true that some in my opinion have reacted like our season is over in November.

It is true that people who were at yesterdays game or listened to it on the radio or watched the match on Ifollow can form a better overall opinion of the game than those who just watched the highlights, you yourself watched the game and gave a detailed opinion on it in an earlier post, a person who watched the highlights could not have given such a detailed opinion, right??

I'm not quite sure which point you were trying to address with "Just not true is it?" comment but I do hope I have covered it for you.

You’re spot on - no one who watched that game would feel that Sunderland deserved to win that, we did have enough chances to win that with a little more composure in front of goal, and this sort of thing happens in football, however, none of that stops the usual suspects spouting negativity,
Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 13:21 - Nov 21 with 1058 viewsWickets

Are you not frustrated that we keep pi--ing points up the wall as well then ?
Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 13:33 - Nov 21 with 1039 viewsMullet

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 13:02 - Nov 21 by Bluearmy71

It is not “because of yesterday’s result” is it? It’s because yesterday’s result is yet another indication of the way this season has gone vs. the projection you’re putting onto people.

There are far too many shades of grey that “a bunch of you” don’t ever see or acknowledge.

You don’t score twice and not deserve a win if you face a team as gutless and toothless as ours. I note you don’t feel the points we picked up with goals in the last 5 mins this season were undeserved either.

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 13:39 - Nov 21 with 1013 viewsunstableblue

No one in their right mind can suggest that we weren’t by far the better team, and deserved the win.

But we did make a defensive error, AND we missed two sitters.

And that’s why we lost. And despite a performance with great promise, now we need results.

But yes all the usual suspects are coming out of the wood work.

It is ridiculous to write of this season. We’ll be in the mix right to the end. And whilst many just don’t see it we continue to improve and gel, the defence is hugely improved. But teams are fearing our goals and sitting deep on us, none more so than Sunderland yesterday.

I also don’t think Cook has quite settled on his best team selection.

Cook should go if the performances AND results go south - we are just miles away from that.

4 points from the next two, and that’s progress. Less and questions should be asked.

Get six points and the negative voices will disappear again.

But you have to give Cook the season.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 13:40]

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 13:42 - Nov 21 with 991 viewschrismakin

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 13:39 - Nov 21 by unstableblue

No one in their right mind can suggest that we weren’t by far the better team, and deserved the win.

But we did make a defensive error, AND we missed two sitters.

And that’s why we lost. And despite a performance with great promise, now we need results.

But yes all the usual suspects are coming out of the wood work.

It is ridiculous to write of this season. We’ll be in the mix right to the end. And whilst many just don’t see it we continue to improve and gel, the defence is hugely improved. But teams are fearing our goals and sitting deep on us, none more so than Sunderland yesterday.

I also don’t think Cook has quite settled on his best team selection.

Cook should go if the performances AND results go south - we are just miles away from that.

4 points from the next two, and that’s progress. Less and questions should be asked.

Get six points and the negative voices will disappear again.

But you have to give Cook the season.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 13:40]

No offence but sounds like you're on the fence more than you think

In one breath.. you say it's wrong to think promotion is off

But the next you say lose 1 of the next two games and questions need to be asked of cook.

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 13:53 - Nov 21 with 968 viewsJDB23

Don’t know why our performance is cause for celebration. It’s a feature of this team to be in complete control of games and gift teams points out of nothing. It’s not a one off, it’s not unlucky if it happens over and over. We’re far enough into the season now to have learned our lesson and put it right and yet it’s still happening. What makes anyone think it’s going to drastically change when all the evidence points otherwise? People will still be saying “it’s only January” when we’re making the same mistakes and miles off the top.

As Herbs keeps mentioning, the gap to the top is getting bigger not smaller since our awful start. The time for better performances is now long gone. Teams who go up put 4/5/6 wins in a row together, we’ve won back to back games once. It’s no where near good enough.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 13:54]
Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 14:11 - Nov 21 with 937 viewsunstableblue

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 13:42 - Nov 21 by chrismakin

No offence but sounds like you're on the fence more than you think

In one breath.. you say it's wrong to think promotion is off

But the next you say lose 1 of the next two games and questions need to be asked of cook.

I can tell you that after the Bolton game I was very very concerned about Cook and the project. And was supportive of some of the big questions being asked after that match.

I go by what I see on the pitch, not some ingrained bias or opinion.

The Oxford game and the first 30mins were also red flags for me, because as I say we will not progress as a club unless we have better players, better desire AND technical set-up… Oxford looked far far more technical and organised than us. But we grew into our own game, and it was their sh!thousery that stalled our game.

Since Bolton clusterf@ck I’ve been to games most league games home and away. I think we’ve seen very solid progress in the team, defensively we look strong now, even with the problem left back position. Morsy is in his rhythm. And in numerous the attack has clicked. Pompey and Wycombe away were superb dispalys… we were unplayable.

Unfortunately since Wycombe teams are going very deep against us, and we haven’t quite gelled and chosen the right attacking 3 midfielders.

I WAS at Sunderland - I find the keyboard warriors calling out Cook having not been at the Stadium of Light ridiculous. We were excellent first half, a very very strong display. We carved out three game winning chances. You have to take them.

Then one defensive error in 90mins gets punished.

The reaction to what was a good performance is just silly.

But to your point I know we need results as well as performances and obvious incremental improvement.

We need to beat Crewe without a doubt. A loss to Rotherham would raise questions over our pedigree. Hence my comment.

As for are we still in the play off mix? Teams will drop away over Christmas, squads stretched, and I expect we will strengthen further in January. For me if we get to Wimbledon game still 7, 6, 5 off the play offs we’ll have done well… and it’s a position to kick on.

But Cooks Ipswich do need to turn the promise into points.

But having been at Sunderland I know I saw a shed load of positives, and something to build on.

Rotherham are THE best team in this league and will get promoted. A win or a draw Tuesday and I’ll be happy.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 14:17]

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 14:22 - Nov 21 with 899 viewsbraveblue

Well said
Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 14:24 - Nov 21 with 893 viewsbraveblue

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 11:42 - Nov 21 by chrismakin

So wait until the price goes up then make a bid? He hasn’t scored for three games - not exactly a disaster!!
Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 14:40 - Nov 21 with 859 viewsBluearmy71

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 13:33 - Nov 21 by Mullet

It is not “because of yesterday’s result” is it? It’s because yesterday’s result is yet another indication of the way this season has gone vs. the projection you’re putting onto people.

There are far too many shades of grey that “a bunch of you” don’t ever see or acknowledge.

You don’t score twice and not deserve a win if you face a team as gutless and toothless as ours. I note you don’t feel the points we picked up with goals in the last 5 mins this season were undeserved either.

Oh don't mistake positivity for being blind to the errors, I see them and if I wanted to I could sit there and pick fault but I choose not to,I have always maintained there are aspects that are a concern to me, the lack of a plan B is a huge one!

Again what do people realistically expect from this season?? No disrespect to our younger followers but its fair to say most of us have seen enough football in our lives to know you don't ever get an easy ride no matter how good you are compared to the opposition within reason obv, this season was always gonna be a bumpy ride and I don't think anyone should have expected any different if they have and reading some comments on here that's the impression one gets!

Do I have any expectations what this season would have or will bring?? No is the answer but what I do have is hope and at this present time in the season I hope we can do what seemed impossible after our poor start and that will continue until all hope for this season has gone!!

And what projection is all the negativity putting on people vs my apparent projection I'm putting on people, we lost there is no point in being all doom and gloom about it more so at this stage of the season, just pick ourselves up and look ahead to the next game.

I hardly think your description of us being gutless and toothless is at all fair when we were by far the dominant team, a mistake and a very dubious penalty gave them a 2-0 victory and that was not a true reflection of the game but it is what it is they get the 3 points. Have there been times when we have been really poor?? Yes obviously but we are still not the finished article some give the impression that they think we should be!!

I love the way you use your crystal ball to "note" what I am thinking yet again, you have no idea what I think of any given match, next time we get an "undeserved" victory against someone in your opinion just ask me what I made of it instead of doing what you always do which is to presume!!

Maybe you'd prefer I start my own vlog entitled "Mullet Needs To Know"
Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 14:45 - Nov 21 with 843 viewsBluearmy71

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 14:11 - Nov 21 by unstableblue

I can tell you that after the Bolton game I was very very concerned about Cook and the project. And was supportive of some of the big questions being asked after that match.

I go by what I see on the pitch, not some ingrained bias or opinion.

The Oxford game and the first 30mins were also red flags for me, because as I say we will not progress as a club unless we have better players, better desire AND technical set-up… Oxford looked far far more technical and organised than us. But we grew into our own game, and it was their sh!thousery that stalled our game.

Since Bolton clusterf@ck I’ve been to games most league games home and away. I think we’ve seen very solid progress in the team, defensively we look strong now, even with the problem left back position. Morsy is in his rhythm. And in numerous the attack has clicked. Pompey and Wycombe away were superb dispalys… we were unplayable.

Unfortunately since Wycombe teams are going very deep against us, and we haven’t quite gelled and chosen the right attacking 3 midfielders.

I WAS at Sunderland - I find the keyboard warriors calling out Cook having not been at the Stadium of Light ridiculous. We were excellent first half, a very very strong display. We carved out three game winning chances. You have to take them.

Then one defensive error in 90mins gets punished.

The reaction to what was a good performance is just silly.

But to your point I know we need results as well as performances and obvious incremental improvement.

We need to beat Crewe without a doubt. A loss to Rotherham would raise questions over our pedigree. Hence my comment.

As for are we still in the play off mix? Teams will drop away over Christmas, squads stretched, and I expect we will strengthen further in January. For me if we get to Wimbledon game still 7, 6, 5 off the play offs we’ll have done well… and it’s a position to kick on.

But Cooks Ipswich do need to turn the promise into points.

But having been at Sunderland I know I saw a shed load of positives, and something to build on.

Rotherham are THE best team in this league and will get promoted. A win or a draw Tuesday and I’ll be happy.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 14:17]

This sums up my view on things completely, 100% agree with all you have written here, awesome comment!!
Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 15:21 - Nov 21 with 787 viewsMullet

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 14:40 - Nov 21 by Bluearmy71

Oh don't mistake positivity for being blind to the errors, I see them and if I wanted to I could sit there and pick fault but I choose not to,I have always maintained there are aspects that are a concern to me, the lack of a plan B is a huge one!

Again what do people realistically expect from this season?? No disrespect to our younger followers but its fair to say most of us have seen enough football in our lives to know you don't ever get an easy ride no matter how good you are compared to the opposition within reason obv, this season was always gonna be a bumpy ride and I don't think anyone should have expected any different if they have and reading some comments on here that's the impression one gets!

Do I have any expectations what this season would have or will bring?? No is the answer but what I do have is hope and at this present time in the season I hope we can do what seemed impossible after our poor start and that will continue until all hope for this season has gone!!

And what projection is all the negativity putting on people vs my apparent projection I'm putting on people, we lost there is no point in being all doom and gloom about it more so at this stage of the season, just pick ourselves up and look ahead to the next game.

I hardly think your description of us being gutless and toothless is at all fair when we were by far the dominant team, a mistake and a very dubious penalty gave them a 2-0 victory and that was not a true reflection of the game but it is what it is they get the 3 points. Have there been times when we have been really poor?? Yes obviously but we are still not the finished article some give the impression that they think we should be!!

I love the way you use your crystal ball to "note" what I am thinking yet again, you have no idea what I think of any given match, next time we get an "undeserved" victory against someone in your opinion just ask me what I made of it instead of doing what you always do which is to presume!!

Maybe you'd prefer I start my own vlog entitled "Mullet Needs To Know"

You’ve literally explained why we were toothless and gutless in this bizarre rant.

If you had no expectations then you’re the problem. I suspect like the others backpedaling so furiously, you’re just trying to save face again.

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 15:27 - Nov 21 with 770 viewsunstableblue

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 14:45 - Nov 21 by Bluearmy71

This sums up my view on things completely, 100% agree with all you have written here, awesome comment!!

Thanks.

Two semi sane people in the lunatic asylum.

Just watched the extended highlights and combined with the benefit of a neutral with me at the game and loads of chats in pub and metro after the game with Mackems… I can confirm that this is not a team unravelling as seems to be the opinion of the day on TWTD!

BUT, we need to turn the improvements in shape/system into more clinical and ruthless displays

If that doesn’t come soon, then we’ll both be questioning Cook.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2021 15:37]

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 15:33 - Nov 21 with 754 viewsBluefields

Sunderland deserved to win be cause they didn’t concede and managed to score two goals.
Agree that there are plenty of games left in this season to make it a good one.
Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 15:47 - Nov 21 with 719 viewsBluearmy71

Its November the 21st a few months away from April on 15:21 - Nov 21 by Mullet

You’ve literally explained why we were toothless and gutless in this bizarre rant.

If you had no expectations then you’re the problem. I suspect like the others backpedaling so furiously, you’re just trying to save face again.

Ohhhhhhhhhh obviously hit a nerve!!

I've no need to back pedal at all, my "rant" (lol) is not bizarre it just emphasises how negative and over expectant you are and can't handle being pulled up on it and yet I'm the problem LMFAO

Every comment you make on one of my posts you have to try and get your little digs in and I just sit here and laugh at you cos you just can't resist!

Belittling, condescending and demeaning to others, just like your mates Herbivore and Stoke Blue, no wonder I can't stand any of you!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024